CreamCat

Leo's self-development videos seem to make life purpose course irrelevant.

9 posts in this topic

I started on http://actualized.org/start

I watched from the beginning to "Fake Growth vs Real Growth".

The ultimate goal of a human being is to increase quality of consciousness and let go of fears about career, relationship, etc, ...

After watching "Fake Growth vs Real Growth", I immediately grew a bit and let go of my fears about my career. Perhaps, I'll still pursue my career, but I will let go of career success.

But, whenever I envision my career goal, I really want to get the result. It makes me want to pursue external success.

I am considering buying life purpose course.

The life purpose course will probably enrich my career vision which will make me want to pursue career success. It will make me want to chase external success. Life purpose course seems to be at odds with leo's self developement videos.

Is Leo trying to imply that we should pursue career as a professional hobby and stop worrying about career success or achieving my career vision as long as I make enough money from my career?

Or, is it about chasing career vision while letting go of success or achievements?

Edited by CreamCat

That's good to hear, but that does not answer my questions.

@CreamCat

15 hours ago, CreamCat said:

I am considering buying life purpose course.

I definitely suggest to buy that. It's not about career or external success; it's about discovering who you are and your current values about life. Naturally a career path will be strongly attached to who you are and what you wanna do with your existence; but obviously it's a byproduct. Maybe you are gonna be following deeper inner work as your priority; and without getting into that journey by putting your conscious effort into it, you will not know.

Generally most of the people are trying to figure out a career path in life first before asking important big questions about their existence and existence at large; but without knowing yourself and your core values basically you are sailing with no destination.. It can go anywhere and everywhere;  but.. which is it? 

Course is about finding a true purpose: your own purpose; to be capable of celebrating each day of your life and having a strong reason to carry on, on those unbearable moments.

Like very nicely said in his 'money psychology' episode, it's about growing that tree nicely, which eventually is gonna give its fruits.

And he is just sharing his journey with people, he is not trying to impose any approach or ideology, on the contrary he gives his best effort to be at the same distance from every possible thing which creates room to question everything thus radical open-mindedness. That is an essential ground to stand to raise one's consciousness. As humans we want certainty, which is perfectly understandable but his all concept is all about embracing the paradox of life at every level basically.

Edited by Sevi

Life purpose course is for achieving success but in concious way not for the money only but for others etc.

Who teaches us whats real and how to laugh at lies? Who decides why we live and what we'll die to defend?Who chain us? And who holds the Key that can set us free? 

It's you.

You have all the weapons you need 

Now fight.

First discover your life purpose.. what you will discover external or internal or etc.. so be it.. enjoy it... express it, own it! And love it!! Be passionate about with or without reason.l you are unique individual whatever you discover it is you.. it depends in you... go !!

Edited by John Iverson

On 19.05.2018 at 2:32 PM, CreamCat said:

The life purpose course will probably enrich my career vision which will make me want to pursue career success. It will make me want to chase external success.

It's not about success. It's about making an impact in the world.

Inner fulfilment on your deathbed, not shining in front of others with your successes.

External success is very good when it helps you to achieve something bigger than you have ever thought is possible. It's only bad when you become a slave to it.

On 5/20/2018 at 1:07 PM, Sevi said:

@CreamCat

I definitely suggest to buy that. It's not about career or external success; it's about discovering who you are and your current values about life. Naturally a career path will be strongly attached to who you are and what you wanna do with your existence; but obviously it's a byproduct. Maybe you are gonna be following deeper inner work as your priority; and without getting into that journey by putting your conscious effort into it, you will not know.

Generally most of the people are trying to figure out a career path in life first before asking important big questions about their existence and existence at large; but without knowing yourself and your core values basically you are sailing with no destination.. It can go anywhere and everywhere;  but.. which is it? 

Course is about finding a true purpose: your own purpose; to be capable of celebrating each day of your life and having a strong reason to carry on, on those unbearable moments.

Like very nicely said in his 'money psychology' episode, it's about growing that tree nicely, which eventually is gonna give its fruits.

And he is just sharing his journey with people, he is not trying to impose any approach or ideology, on the contrary he gives his best effort to be at the same distance from every possible thing which creates room to question everything thus radical open-mindedness. That is an essential ground to stand to raise one's consciousness. As humans we want certainty, which is perfectly understandable but his all concept is all about embracing the paradox of life at every level basically.

I think that makes sense.

External success comes as a competition to family and society. Because families and society, in general, view the good in us only if we work hard, as they do.  

So, you can pursue the above, but you will lose yourself and in the process becoming someone else. 

In Self Actualizing there is no middle way. Ask Leo, he is having trouble with the thousands of minds who think about him. Love is the greatest bad in society really. Those who Love too much, and are not awakened, they simply stop the growth in the Loved Ones. So, you choose to go with the current or without. Both sides have their own suffering. There is no middle way in this.