Taylor04

Sorry, I Think Leo's Mostly Ego Decorating

27 posts in this topic

On 9/5/2018 at 11:20 AM, Arkandeus said:

do you think you are human or do you think you are the universe?

these "party tricks" are natural consequences of linking up with every atom that constitutes reality

what do you expect to happen really?

really it depends what you mean by enlightenment, we might have different practices here

I'm human. Do you think enlightenment is feeling like youre the universe?

11 hours ago, Taylor04 said:

I'm human. Do you think enlightenment is feeling like youre the universe?

Are you really human? Or is that an identity you've created through thought?

Identifying yourself as human comes through distinctions which must collapse to become infinite.

A lot of religions used the idea of a "spirit" that inhabits the body to try and point this out. 

Well first of all the ego is always talking. And since you view it from ego it will also seem like ego

I think this whole thing about "ego" really has gotten way out of hand, especially on this forum. There is nothing wrong with ego since it's a part of reality, it's there for survival reasons and to have a perspective of the cosmos/Truth. The only problem is that it creates is own world and separation.

You don't see the point Leo is trying to make. YES he is speaking from Ego since language is extremely limited and we have absolutely NOTHING to communicate this Truth with, and therefore all the words coming out of his mouth will seem like ego. I don't think you really understand what enlightenment is. You still seem stuck in the paradigm of thinking enlightenment is for your Self. YOU DONT WANT ENLIGHTENMENT. Do you understand what that means? It means YOU do not want it. Difficult to explain but I have a video going more in depth: (mind my English)

Edited by QandC

- Enter your fear and you are free -

On 5/18/2018 at 0:58 PM, Taylor04 said:

But all of this talk about blending with the cosmos is really just ego decoration. If you meditate long and hard enough, your mind will be able to do these party tricks. This has nothing to do with enlightenment.

How long have you meditated and how "hard" have you meditated? 

I haven't felt like I blended with the cosmos, but I felt my sense of self go away to the point where I started identifying with awareness and all of the contents within it, but how is this a "party trick"? 

On 5/18/2018 at 3:47 PM, Taylor04 said:

By "party tricks" I mean funky little experiences of altered consciousness that make you feel like you're on LSD, and make your ego think you're progressing towards some holier state. By "enlightenment" I would understand experiencing the natural state that humans had before the agricultural revolution (probably, or when humans fell from the natural state). I.e. a state without concern for the self or making this self anything. In that sense I believe enlightenment is real, but it is nothing "you" can achieve, because by seeking you're already moving in the other direction of strengthening the ego.

Have you tried LSD? Why would you stop being concerned about the self?

I do agree with that last part though. Still a desire is necessary to experience such a thing.

On 9/7/2018 at 11:01 AM, QandC said:

I think this whole thing about "ego" really has gotten way out of hand, especially on this forum. There is nothing wrong with ego since it's a part of reality.

Ego is a problem because it’s an illusion that leads to suffering.  Reality doesn’t contain Ego.  Ego is a forgetting of the true Self.  Ego should be fully seen through and not identified with.  That doesn’t mean you try to fight Ego with Ego though.  The way to fight Ego is to see through the illusion of Ego very keenly through self-observation and keen-mindfulness work.  The way to solve the problem of Ego is to fully realize the true Self.

Edited by Joseph Maynor