SoothedByRain

A 90 Year Human Life in Months (Image)

10 posts in this topic

I'm not even over the first quarter mark. Helps to put things in perspective.  

Months1.png

Edited by SoothedByRain

We are all one spark, eyes full of wonder

“Take the lowest place, and you shall reach the highest.” 

“In the monastery of your heart, you have a temple where all Buddhas unite.” - Milarepa 

@Ether Bahhh.

“Think of yourself as dead. You have lived your life. Now, take what's left and live it properly." - Marcus Aurelius.

“In the monastery of your heart, you have a temple where all Buddhas unite.” - Milarepa 

If youre lucky to live til 90. You might get hit by a bus tommorrow, or a piano might drop on your head. Every moment is a treasure.

Dont look at me! Look inside!

12 hours ago, SoothedByRain said:

@Ether ignore the tag ether, soz.

12 hours ago, SoothedByRain said:

" Think of yourself as dead. You have lived your life. Now, take what's left and live it properly." - Marcus Aurelius.

Love this ❤️ have you got his popular book? Meditations?

52 minutes ago, Charlotte said:

Inner Engineering of Sadhguru and Meditations I bought it yesterday! HAHA! But the delivery time here in Philippines is 1-3 months huhu!! I want to practice yoga and at the same time learning some wisdome of Marcus Aurelius :D i am now reading The Road Less Traveled 

42 minutes ago, Charlotte said:

@John Iverson worth the wait my good friend B|

How's the book your currently reading?

After LSD trip! I'm excited !! Haha! To take the Inner Engineering.. I don't know what will happen to me after doing it... 

The Road Less Traveled has great Wisdom to read.. it teaches us to face the difficulties of life, we must accept the painful feelings of the problem rather than avoiding it by doing the things that give you gratitude.. you must have the discipline to recognize your responsibility of your life and dedicate yourself to the truth,,.. always change your map.. or else you will become mentally ill if you detach yourself to reality.. and gratitude doesn't solve your problem..

it also talks about unconscious and what true love is.. I learned that true love is not driven by emotions.. rather than the will and you choose to love him\her.. feeling of love is just an illusion, because you have the ego boundaries and you think falling in love is forever.. you can say you love the person if you don't feel the love but you still give yourself.. you expand yourself and become part of you..  I'm on chapter 2 of the book haha there is moreeeee! Hahhaah

4 hours ago, Charlotte said:

Marcus was a Bro. I have a mini sized pocket edition I accidentally bought instead of a normal book. Unintentionally more practical :)

I still haven't purchased Epictetus. I've read lots of him, Seneca also . . but don't have a physical copy. That needs to change asap.