MarkusSweden

Anyone here enlightened?

46 posts in this topic

@MarkusSweden It depends on what you mean by attained "Enlightenment" Someone who has attained a "Full Enlightenment" like the Buddha is a very rare occurence, more than 2500 years have passed since Gautama Buddha attained full Enlightenment. Since then no human being has accomplished such a feat. The buddha himself was said to spend at least 3 eons reincarnating until he attained "Full Enlightenment"

5 minutes ago, Nahm said:

@Buba wow that’s interesting. Can you break down the causation? 

Seekers call it dark night of the soul. But I did a research on internet and saw that dozens have committed suicide after meditation (especially retreat) and hundreds became mentally disabled (depression, psychosis, panic attacks and etc). I saw people on psychology forums who have been suffering from depersonalization for years after doing several months meditation.

@Buba Sitting, doing nothing, did all that? What’s the actual cause & effect though? How does meditation cause these things?

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

I’m not surprised, in the beginning spiritual work is all exciting fun and games, everyone thinks they gaining something by doing it, no matter how much you tell them it’s not about gaining anything but breaking the illusion of the self they still think they gaining something that’s why 99% even pursue it, if I was to sell you a bag of air you wouldn't be interested would you, there is nothing for the "you" who is even comprehending this statement.

Some people get stuck at this stage, they do their yoga, exercise, mental masturbation exercises, meditation etc. they feel a little relaxed and good about themselves and go on with their days, no spiritual progression at all here, just a boost to the ego and a self-pat on the back for doing the exercises, feels good don't it to make an illusory progression, just like it feels to do it in a video game where you know for 100% that it's illusory progression.

Some people start to get heavily into spirituality, utter confusion, utter bullshit of guru's who honestly are just trolling you and pointing you at different directions to nothingness, they know the joke, the seeker doesn't, it’s like their whole purpose is to contradict everything and play devil’s advocate and see how long they can make you chase your own tail.

At this stage thing get very difficult. Nihilism creeps in, you theorize everything it seems everything is pointless and you start to turn into this black hole that’s creating chaos within yourself, or having the dark night of the soul. You basically having insanity as you shift through both worlds of logic and mysticism, so I can see how it can create negative side effects.

Then there is the positively enlightened, the surrender and being, these people experience life as it is without the illusion, this is a difficult stage because you must be able to feel the illusion and stillness at all times.

For example, having glimpses of Samadhi and utter peace and realization of nothingness is quite simple but when you come back into Maya and people are pissing in your soup you will find it difficult to stay in the stillness.

I honestly think when your truly enlightened you will appreciate the body and everything but you won't care about dropping all of it, it would be no different than getting your video game character killed and starting a new character.

Edited by blazed

1 hour ago, blazed said:

It would be no different than getting your video game character killed and starting a new character.

May we mourn the loss of our fearful heart ;) 

Memento Mori