Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
mohdanas

Mentoring

10 posts in this topic

I want to grow passion of my cousin and give her practical life advices. 

She is very young but I want her to start now so she can complete the 10,000 hours of mastery at young age instead of struggling later. 

She said, that she want to be a fashion designer. 

Q. How can I and she be certain that this is her passion? 

Q. Any recourses or books that can help me form strategies for her to monetize her passion? ( This is importance, otherwise her idealistic parents will kill it )

Q. Any book that inspire passion?

Q. Most Importantly, any book that bring the practical understanding of WHAT IT TAKES TO DEVELOP EXPERTISE IN YOUR PASSION TO BE ABLE TO FINANCIALLY BUILD YOUR LIFE AROUND IT.

8 minutes ago, mohdanas said:

I want to grow passion of my cousin and give her practical life advices.

have you mastered any field of your life yet?

don't be like those hypocrite life coaches who live unfulfilling lives.

unborn Truth

Did she ask you for advice or is she like three years old or something that you somehow have to guide her?

1 hour ago, Toby said:

Did she ask you for advice or is she like three years old or something that you somehow have to guide her?

she is 12 years old. 

Her family is poor, dad is struggling with money and health. 

I am an Indian, and belong to muslim background. Here, the understanding of life for women is to grow them and marry. That is the focus and not to grow them and make them independent. 

Well, offer her books or classes if she’d like some. Don’t force her though — forcing a child to be interested in something tends to make them hate the topic more, and working them too hard when they’re young can be bad. So give her a lot of options for her passion, freedom to choose, and see what happens.

The goal is not to work hard so she’ll be good at it. The goal is to have her naturally interested in something so she’ll work hard and be good at it.

“The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing.” 
― Socrates

14 hours ago, ajasatya said:

have you mastered any field of your life yet?

don't be like those hypocrite life coaches who live unfulfilling lives.

No Sir, I have not mastered anything but yes have made quite progress.  I am not charging anything but looking to help from heart and for learning. 

6 hours ago, WaterfallMachine said:

Well, offer her books or classes if she’d like some. Don’t force her though — forcing a child to be interested in something tends to make them hate the topic more, and working them too hard when they’re young can be bad. So give her a lot of options for her passion, freedom to choose, and see what happens.

The goal is not to work hard so she’ll be good at it. The goal is to have her naturally interested in something so she’ll work hard and be good at it.

Beautiful, thank you :)

I guess then, I have done enough by planting an idea of finding a passion for now. 

My 2nd step would be to meet her someone who is living a life of passion. 

35 minutes ago, mohdanas said:

No Sir, I have not mastered anything but yes have made quite progress.  I am not charging anything but looking to help from heart and for learning

i see, but it's not about charging/not charging. it's about being capable of actually providing proper help.

the best way to help is being an inspiration. for instance, living an awesome life and marrying an independent woman would make your cousin look up on you as a couple. if you want to enhance her vision, then be that enhancement yourself.

unborn Truth

@mohdanas Paper. Pencil. Start designing some fashion. Nothing you can say to her is more valuable than her beginning. 

Is life serious?

Or is life this simple and fun?

????????

Then get some clothe from the garbage somewhere, and let her measure you, cut out her designed dress, and fit it on you. 

Win - win. 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

1 hour ago, ajasatya said:

i see, but it's not about charging/not charging. it's about being capable of actually providing proper help.

the best way to help is being an inspiration. for instance, living an awesome life and marrying an independent woman would make your cousin look up on you as a couple. if you want to enhance her vision, then be that enhancement yourself.

I indeed plan to be but It would take years. Whereas she need help now.

1 hour ago, Nahm said:

@mohdanas Paper. Pencil. Start designing some fashion. Nothing you can say to her is more valuable than her beginning. 

Is life serious?

Or is life this simple and fun?

????????

Then get some clothe from the garbage somewhere, and let her measure you, cut out her designed dress, and fit it on you. 

Win - win. 

These are the kind of solutions, I am looking for. Thank You <3

I do not want to make it serious exploring her fashion but be involve with her, I want her to love something and not push her onto something.