StardewValley

Meditating during school classes

8 posts in this topic

I usually zone out during my classes at school (normal school; I don't mean a meditation school) and so it's like I'm doing the Do Nothing meditation all day every day at school. So it's like I do a diluted, half-assed meditation for a few hours a day for four days a week. I stay the whole class sort of in my mind just being aware of my existence the whole time; I take some notes for class here and there but not too much. Do you think this is a valid form of meditation?

I have permanently locked myself out of my account to force myself to focus on my work. Goodbye.

Been doing the same since summer 2016. But I also used to meditate.

Do it, but only be aware of your breath as a main focus while doing what you doing. 

This is where the cliche begins: meditation is not when you sit down to meditate on a couch, meditation is a lifestyle

If this is a "valid" practice or not is no question; whatever activity that you do which grows you is valid - no matter what it is. 

Spirituality is any movement towards the Unnamable. Everything is spiritual.

The only true way out Resistance is going into it because any way out of it is staying in it.

The purest life possible is surrendering to the Absolute.

44 minutes ago, StardewValley said:

I usually zone out during my classes at school (normal school; I don't mean a meditation school) and so it's like I'm doing the Do Nothing meditation all day every day at school. So it's like I do a diluted, half-assed meditation for a few hours a day for four days a week. I stay the whole class sort of in my mind just being aware of my existence the whole time; I take some notes for class here and there but not too much. Do you think this is a valid form of meditation?

Idk but I like your style?

sorry to break it to you but as I see it you're getting into a trap.

if by "meditating" all day you mean not listening in classes, you're just too lazy to study. you're falling into the arms of the ego. dont become a zen devil. the ego likes being lazy and all spiritual and stuff.

be really fucking honest with yourself and see if you're being lazy or you're being aware AND studying. "taking lessons here and there" sounds like you're complacent. that LEADS TO DEPRESSION down the road.

life is not about being spiritual, it's about balance. you have to study hard, have a life purpose AND to be aware and meditate, because otherwise you're going to be a hippie, and hippies dont tend to get anywhere on the spiritual path much.

all you gotta do is:
1) to have some daily spiritual practice for around 20-30 minutes, like meditation, yoga, etc. 

2) to self actualize, to read books, learn how to learn, figure out your life purpose, wtf do you want to do with your life and what will make you fulfilled in life, watch 

3) to try to be as aware as possible during the day. but WHAT DOES IT MEAN TO BE AWARE? it means not to "be aware of the present moment and to barely listen to what happens in class", but to have laser concentration in class and be engaged. it means not to go to dreamland in your head, to be aware WHEN you go to dreamland and stop it. there is nothing to be done to be aware, you can only add thought stories on top of awareness to not be aware.

please be honest with yourself. also dont take anything i said as a given, come to those conclusions by yourself, dont create new beliefs, come to conscious conclusions. do things by yourself, thats the only way to fulfillment and a great life.

Yeah I think I'm being lazy. 

I have permanently locked myself out of my account to force myself to focus on my work. Goodbye.

26 minutes ago, StardewValley said:

Yeah I think I'm being lazy. 

Just depends on what you value. Ask yourself if the way your spending your time is worth while. If you feel a disinterest in what you are doing you might want to figure out what is of interest. 

Nothing wrong with questioning what is important to you or not. 

:)