kieranperez

Bruce Lee & Enlightenment

35 posts in this topic

If you read some of quotes and writings his wife Linda lee has kept its apparent he understood very very deeply the nature of psychological time.

one who is free doesn’t any longer desire to be free. It’s obvious to me he was aware of that.?

Edited by Faceless

True observation begins when devoid of set patterns; freedom of expression occurs when one is beyond system.

Bruce Lee

The biggest adversary in our life is ourselves. We are what we are, in a sense, because of the dominating thoughts we allow to gather in our head. All concepts of self-improvement, all actions and paths we take, relate solely to our abstract image of ourselves. Life is limited only by how we really see ourselves and feel about our being. A great deal of pure self-knowledge and inner understanding allows us to lay an all-important foundation for the structure of our life from which we can perceive and take the right avenues.

Bruce Lee

If you follow the classical pattern, you are understanding the routine, the tradition, the shadow -- you are not understanding yourself.

Bruce Lee

13 hours ago, Prabhaker said:

I think he missed meditation. In an interview Bruce Lee said,

"If you want something beautiful, take modern dancing. What good would it do a boxer to learn to meditate? He's a fighter; not a monk."

Words of the Dragon: Interviews, 1958-1973

by John Little

Isn't being in flow/in the moment and mindfulness ect.. basically a form of meditation? When i dance alone in my room i feel like the universe is moving through me, it allows me to completely just be :) Pure feeling, pure experience, no thoughts, just one with presentness :P

Edited by pluto

B R E A T H E

6 hours ago, Faceless said:

The biggest adversary in our life is ourselves. We are what we are, in a sense, because of the dominating thoughts we allow to gather in our head. All concepts of self-improvement, all actions and paths we take, relate solely to our abstract image of ourselves. Life is limited only by how we really see ourselves and feel about our being. A great deal of pure self-knowledge and inner understanding allows us to lay an all-important foundation for the structure of our life from which we can perceive and take the right avenues.

Bruce Lee

So cool!!!! 

Don’t you realize that all of you together are the temple of God and that the Spirit of God lives in you?
1 Corinthians 3:16

6 minutes ago, abrakamowse said:

So cool!!!! 

? 

Awareness is without choice, without demand, without anxiety; in that state of mind, there is perception.

Bruce Lee

Truth has no path. Truth is living and, therefore, changing. Awareness is without choice, without demand, without anxiety; in that state of mind, there is perception. To know oneself is to study oneself in action with another person. Awareness has no frontier; it is giving of your whole being, without exclusion.

Bruce Lee

Conditioning obstructs our view of reality. We do not see IT in its suchness because of our indoctrination, crooked and twisted.

Bruce Lee

The primary Reality is not what I think, but that I live, for those also live who do not think.

Bruce Lee

How can there be methods and systems to arrive at something that is living? To that which is static, fixed, dead, there can be a way, a definite path, but not to that which is living. Do not reduce reality to a static thing and then invent methods to reach it. ...Truth has no path. Truth is living and, therefore, changing. It has no resting place, no form, no organized institution, no philosophy. When you see that, you will understand that this living thing is also what you are. You cannot express and be alive through static, put-together form, through stylized movement.

Bruce Lee

The timeless moment. - The "moment" has no yesterday or tomorrow. It is not the result of thought and therefore has no time.

Bruce Lee

Flow in the living moment. — We are always in a process of becoming and nothing is fixed. Have no rigid system in you, and you’ll be flexible to change with the ever changing. Open yourself and flow, my friend. Flow in the total openness of the living moment. If nothing within you stays rigid, outward things will disclose themselves. Moving, be like water. Still, be like a mirror. Respond like an echo.

Bruce Lee