egoless

LP is the form of attachment

15 posts in this topic

LP especially the specific and specialized one such as chef, writer, CEO etc. is a form of attachement. While Enlightenment is the letting go of all attachements and identities...  The biddha once said: 

“attachment is the root of all suffering.”

LP becomes your new identity. You are ready to defend those ideas like it’s your true nature... that’s why I am fond of freedom and don’t like labels. Isn’t LP form of labeling and attachment?

Edited by egoless

Yes, if you consideer they must be apart of your life or either else you are not important, you are not doing what you are supposed to, what you are meant to do, what the universe wants you to do, what God wants, what you must do because your parents want you to, collegues, etc.

It can also be a form of an attachement if you consideer your means to be happy (enlightenment). It is impossible because it cant disbelieve the thoughts in your head. How can an activity, physical activity make you discover what your true nature is?

It can also be a form of attachement if you think you a rapper, in my exemple. I am a rapper, so this is the only thing i will do because If I dont only rap, Im not doing the job that I am, so I cant do other arts, work as a baker, make movies. No, i can only do rap!

Thats why artists like childish gambino and Kanye West say they are artists instead of rappers even though, that considering yourself an artist is more free than just a rapper but once again you are only limiting yourself to do artistic stuff.

That brings me to the next point. Once you think your job is better than other jobs, you will start being afraid of losing your job. Because if rap is a good job, how am I suppose to be a baker (which is considereed to be a worse job)? After all, with rap you get girls, money, big houses, while when you bake you usually have a regular salary!

Edited by Ether
aa

@Ether Wise words, maan.

@egoless Consider this catch 22: Your attachment to freedom is exactly the reason you can't attain it.

I will be dealing with a similar problem when I'll align myself with my life purpose. My attachment to purity and to my life purpose need to be released in order to achieve it. 

Spirituality is any movement towards the Unnamable. Everything is spiritual.

The only true way out Resistance is going into it because any way out of it is staying in it.

The purest life possible is surrendering to the Absolute.

@Torkys Im sure 2 paragraphs of what i said was true but the other 3,i havent conemplated enough. But they might be true tho

1 hour ago, Torkys said:

Consider this catch 22: Your attachment to freedom is exactly the reason you can't attain it.

I don't mean external freedom when I say it. But rather I mean the inner freedom - from any attachment and identification. You can't really control what happens externally. But you can remain free internally at any times.

@egoless

I wouldn't say life purpose IS attachment. I would say life purpose CAN be an attachment. Same as anything else.

If you think you need your life purpose to fulfill you, that's probably an attachment. You're just trying to "get something" from it, which ironically will make you less effective at actually achieving it.

But if your life purpose is about sharing, collaborating and helping, that's a sign that you are out of the ego. You're no longer just thinking about yourself and instead you're thinking "how can what I do help everyone"?

@aurum but why do you think the purpose should be necessarily aimed at helping and not creating and developing? 

9 minutes ago, Nahm said:

The difference is inspiration, what one actually wants to do. 

I think so too. But again, there are unconventional people who simply get inspired by many different subjects like me :D we can’t be placed in a box...

@egoless

They're not mutually exclusive. Helping people could involve creating and developing something. Maybe you create a business that solves some societal problem.

The reason I say helping is important is because helping implies that you give a shit about someone besides yourself. It's a sign you've shifted from "Me" centered thinking to "We" centered thinking. You're not going to look at someone else's suffering and think that it has nothing to do with you.

So Good They Can't Ignore You says:

Passion mindset: What can my job give me? If I follow this job it can give me fulfillment, I can get this and that and so on.

Craftsman mindset: What can I give to the world? How can I get better so I can produce more value for other people.

I think that is why you should focus on the craftsman mindset. When you focus on the passion mindset it's like looking for happiness. You're chasing it but it always looks like this is not enough there must be something more.

As for liking a lot of things. It's not really about what you like, it's about what you can offer. I mean I like internet marketing, personal development, reading, programming, climbing, growing crops, filming, graphic design, going out in nature and exploring. But when you're avarage at a whole lot of  things you can't offer heaps of value. So either you find something which incorporate all the interest you have or you choose a thing and deliberately get better at a skill with the end goal of delivering as much value as you can.

@dude experience I share with them. I will turn my life in adventurous journey with constant novelty and tell people what I learned on the path.

Edited by egoless