Applejuice

What parts of religion/ spirituality are real?

8 posts in this topic

Enlightenment and god is something you can verify yourself with meditation or psychedelics, and there are countless people who have experienced them, so I believe in that. But reincarnation, souls and going to hell after you die doesn't make sense to me. A soul is the sense of self or ego, which is an illusion, and its illogical to think that it can be transported to a different body after you die, you can't transport an illusion. The buddhist version of reincarnation makes sense as things are constantly changing and eg. you become the air that you breathe in and when you breathe out that breath becomes the atmosphere and it involves no soul or seperateness. If hell is being stuck identifying as the ego and not the universe as a whole, which creates suffering ( and the devil is the ego ). Then when the ego dies, ( when your body dies your ego has nothing to cling to so it has to die ) you become god, there is no worries, no pain and nothing matters ( suffering ends ) That's heaven/ nirvana. How can hell exist if it's caused by the ego. Also chakras. Chakras are spinning balls of energy. energy cannot spin that makes no sense. Can anyone explain these in further detail?

Before looking to get these spiritual questions answered, if I were you, I'd ask yourself what you hope to get out of these questions.    Just getting more concepts, ideas, knowledge may not be of any use to you.

we don't find the answers, we lose the questions ;) (coming from someone bursting with questions) xD

whatever arises, love that

Religion and Reincarnation are the story tales of Enlightenment. Pictured in a comic or dramatic way. They describe the awakening processes and the harsh de-atrophy of the body/mind. 

Take religion or reincarnation as fact and die forever. Reading them between the lines and live.

<3

On 11/04/2018 at 1:00 AM, Applejuice said:

Enlightenment and god is something you can verify yourself with meditation or psychedelics, and there are countless people who have experienced them, so I believe in that. But reincarnation, souls and going to hell after you die doesn't make sense to me. A soul is the sense of self or ego, which is an illusion, and its illogical to think that it can be transported to a different body after you die, you can't transport an illusion. The buddhist version of reincarnation makes sense as things are constantly changing and eg. you become the air that you breathe in and when you breathe out that breath becomes the atmosphere and it involves no soul or seperateness. If hell is being stuck identifying as the ego and not the universe as a whole, which creates suffering ( and the devil is the ego ). Then when the ego dies, ( when your body dies your ego has nothing to cling to so it has to die ) you become god, there is no worries, no pain and nothing matters ( suffering ends ) That's heaven/ nirvana. How can hell exist if it's caused by the ego. Also chakras. Chakras are spinning balls of energy. energy cannot spin that makes no sense. Can anyone explain these in further detail?

Unfortunately, physical death needs to be experienced to verify your claims or any religious claims. Faith is necessary when there's no clue. Because no dead can wake up and tell us what they have experienced. You can choose whatever beliefs you want (acknowledging that they are beliefs) and wait for your physical death to occur. There is no truth to be said about death, just ideas and beliefs.

its absolutely infinite man. Understand its full ramification. Nothing is excluded.

@Applejuice Those are all great questions. The only way you can find out is by doing your own personal investigation with direct experience.

No matter what anyone tells you, it will just be hearsay and stories from your perspective until you directly experience it for yourself.

If you are serious about exploring the outer limits of reality, you should watch my episodes about epistemology very carefully and apply the principles taught there. The #1 principle to all serious investigation of reality is: be radically open minded to anything and everything. Don't judge. Seek to verify every claim with personal direct experience.

You'd be amazed at how far that one principle can take you, if you bother to apply it seriously, and you are genuinely curious to know the TRUTH.

Asking about such things on an online forum, or debating such things with people, shows a lack of seriousness and a gross underestimation of the nuances and complexities of reality.

It's okay to ask, but don't expect any serious resolution of your existential questions via an online forum. The things you are asking about cannot be spoken of or even thought about in many cases. You need to start to appreciate the depth of this communication gap.

You can start by reading all of the 5-star rated books on my book list -- especially in the Consciousness, Epistemology, and Paranormal categories. That will give you an good theoretical foundation to follow up on with direct experience.

To answer all of your questions will probably require 10-20 years of serious spiritual practices. Just so you understand the depth of what you're asking about.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.