pluto

CBD and the Psychedelic Receptor

9 posts in this topic

This is quite interesting to me. I always felt a more pleasant or "at peace" high when i consumed cannabis with HIGH CBD content. Maybe this could be why?

https://www.projectcbd.org/cbd-and-psychedelic-receptor

High THC strains can lead to psychedelic states but its usually a paranoid chaotic thought-storm every time you ingest mega-doses, while LSD and other true psychedelics are far more enjoyable and seem to be less mentally unstable although the High CBD strains seem to feel like a low dose of truer psychedelics especially when used once in a while. You won't notice much with daily use IMO.

Vaporizing or edibles provide a much more pleasant or psychedelic experience. Remember psychedelic isn't always about tripping or seeing shit.

Edited by pluto

B R E A T H E

12 hours ago, pluto said:

This is quite interesting to me. I always felt a more pleasant or "at peace" high when i consumed cannabis with HIGH CBD content. Maybe this could be why?

https://www.projectcbd.org/cbd-and-psychedelic-receptor

High THC strains can lead to psychedelic states but its usually a paranoid chaotic thought-storm every time you ingest mega-doses, while LSD and other true psychedelics are far more enjoyable and seem to be less mentally unstable although the High CBD strains seem to feel like a low dose of truer psychedelics especially when used once in a while. You won't notice much with daily use IMO.

Vaporizing or edibles provide a much more pleasant or psychedelic experience. Remember psychedelic isn't always about tripping or seeing shit.

Edibles are wayyy more trippy than smokeables!  In fact, I hate these mega high strains that are over 25% THC, it's just doesn't work for me, it makes me panicky, paranoid, elevated heart rate.  I prefer the indica strains or hybrids that favor indica, they are more "body" high than "head" high.

I ate 2 brownies last weekend, and when I went to sleep that night I had these awesome out of body experiences, though sometimes this happens without taking anything.  I feel like a snake shedding skin, I'll fall out of my body after some effort to break free.  I can sense that a body is still present on my bed but I can move around my room freely.  Really strange!

Edited by MiracleMan

Grace

1 hour ago, MiracleMan said:

Edibles are wayyy more trippy than smokeables!  In fact, I hate these mega high strains that are over 25% THC, it's just doesn't work for me, it makes me panicky, paranoid, elevated heart rate.  I prefer the indica strains or hybrids that favor indica, they are more "body" high than "head" high.

I ate 2 brownies last weekend, and when I went to sleep that night I had these awesome out of body experiences, though sometimes this happens without taking anything.  I feel like a snake shedding skin, I'll fall out of my body after some effort to break free.  I can sense that a body is still present on my bed but I can move around my room freely.  Really strange!

Agreed. Personally, these days.. since switching to heirloom/original non-hybridized varieties. I notice more psychedelic/spiritual effect and naturally higher CBD or more balanced CBD/THC ratio. This for one has helped me quit abuse instead i use them as i would truer psychedelics, slightly more often but in a similar fashion.

I now am starting to realize why many OG cannabis connoisseurs always look for those original, heirloom landrace strains that have yet to be hybridized or modified by man because they are much more psychedelic by nature yet less strong and chaotic how they are bred today.

B R E A T H E

After having tried 2CB and LSD now I would definitely say cannabis has some psychedelic properties. MDMA too. I dont understand why people dont consider these psychedelics, there may be no visuals but the general direction in which they push you feels the same to me. I will get some CBD Cannabis and try this out. I cant smoke these high THC strains either, I get way too much anxiety and even panic attacks.

People probably wont agree with me here but I had some powerfull introspective experiences on low doses of both Alcohol and THC combined. You dont feel clearheaded, but it can show you a different perspective.

1 hour ago, MM1988 said:

After having tried 2CB and LSD now I would definitely say cannabis has some psychedelic properties. MDMA too. I dont understand why people dont consider these psychedelics, there may be no visuals but the general direction in which they push you feels the same to me. I will get some CBD Cannabis and try this out. I cant smoke these high THC strains either, I get way too much anxiety and even panic attacks.

People probably wont agree with me here but I had some powerfull introspective experiences on low doses of both Alcohol and THC combined. You dont feel clearheaded, but it can show you a different perspective.

If anyone just tries smoking it and shutting their eyes or go into a pitch black room, the mind is totally illuminated and it's what I could describe as an internal trip. 

2 hours ago, pluto said:

Agreed. Personally, these days.. since switching to heirloom/original non-hybridized varieties. I notice more psychedelic/spiritual effect and naturally higher CBD or more balanced CBD/THC ratio. This for one has helped me quit abuse instead i use them as i would truer psychedelics, slightly more often but in a similar fashion.

I now am starting to realize why many OG cannabis connoisseurs always look for those original, heirloom landrace strains that have yet to be hybridized or modified by man because they are much more psychedelic by nature yet less strong and chaotic how they are bred today.

Using cannabis recreationally, as with alcohol or any substance, is really ignoring a primary effect of the drug.

Addicts use drugs because it reduces or elimates "self" for a brief period of time.  It connects you with God but it's from an external and temporary source.  The drugs are extremely effective in this, but they don't last and what happens is you form a correlation between the object and desired effect  (release from self).  Hence why when you try to take drugs away from an addict he will fight you tooth and nail, because your taking away his primary connection with the universe, whether he's aware of this fact or not.  All addicts are trying to get back "home" essentially.  See how ingrained alcohol is in our culture, it stems from not being comfortable in your own skin, and intoxication provides an outlet to shed your inhibitions.  Unfortunately there are many undesired side effects.

The goal of 12 Steps is to show the user that conscious contact with God is possible without the external source.  Hence the 12th step concludes the path beginning with "Having had a spiritual awakening..."

Read any book about 12 Steps, any of them, and it's really pushing you toward non-duality.  Went on a tangent there but those thoughts just kind of spilled out.

I myself struggle with using cannabis recreationally, but I find myself more and more meditating after consuming without conscious effort, it tends to occur spontaneously. 

Grace

@MiracleMan There are drugs that raise or lower your consciousness its not that all drugs eliminate ego. Alcohol is a drug that definitely enhances ego, it lowers your consciousness.

Eckhart tolle said some interresting things. About cannabis he said it makes the mind slow down for a while and he can see how that can help some people get a break from their mind. About LSD he said that it just enhances colors and makes things look more interresting, he goes on to say but thats how reality is all the time you just have to be open to it. So interrestingly it seems like he doesnt think LSD is an "enlightening" drug, maybe he just got the visual effects because he is already enlightened and now he thinks that what LSD is for everybody?

@MM1988 The dose and intention is the key when it comes to LSD. If he was on a very low dose, then no wonder in his opinion it only amplifies colors.

@MiracleMan Well said, Most people only resorted to drugs because the states they produce remind them of the state they were once in as children but most are not even aware of this because they have forgotten how they were this way. This is why these substances feel so "Home" and "Good" because we used to be in these states naturally as children until we were force fed THE SYSTEM.

Most people don't find meditation and spirituality especially in the west so they end up the other route which helps them find home in a sense, but they only truly find it once they let go of the substances that helped them see and reconnect with it which is the challenging part. At least that's how i see it because the substances only replicates what's possible within. Without the chemical receptors in our bodies they wouldn't work at all.

@MM1988 You can most definitely see visuals too, since i had my first full blown awakening almost a decade ago i always have quite powerful visuals from cannabis and sometimes even open eyed ones but i notice today not as powerful compared to when i first had an awakening or shall we say was more in the (Enlightened State)thus my 3rd eye was very active and open i saw everything with perfect clarity and even weed was like a full psychedelic for me but over time it does wear down if you always go back to substances to replicate that state and start to get comfortable in the matrix again which is only trivial to truth and authenticity and don't apply daily spiritual practice and meditation to keep your clarity and connecting pure.

Psychedelics show you the door of whats already within, to make the states permanent you must live by the realizations and apply them to day to day life. Even simple herbs like Cinnamon, Chamomile, Nutmeg, Cacao ect.. all can be used to enhanced states but the amplification of how far they can go all depends on you. Ultimately.

That's just how i see all of this from my perspective, experience and understanding :)

Edited by pluto

B R E A T H E

couple of weeks ago i took a 100 mg edible, I smoke daily but edibles are just something else to me. I completely surrendered  on the peak of what I could call the most insane high i've ever had. I was in utter bliss for 2 hours. I was on omegle.com laughing at every person I was because everybody was trying to find themselves on the website. It was just a cosmic play. One of my non dual glimpes so far