Shakazulu

Kriya Yoga's good?

17 posts in this topic

I've been meditating for 200+ days straight no break. I've been practicing the beginner stages of the khundalini, it's been 13 days straight. I heard reality is a reflection of who you are. I met a Hindu man in my Uber and he's attended a Vippasana retreat. We chopped it up and spoke about spirituality. He mentioned a lot of western Yoga is trash. He told me to focus on meditation and not kriya yoga/awakening the khundalini. He said for the khundalini to awaken I must abstain from sex, meat, alcohol, isolate myself from society and find a great guru, is this true? He also mentioned activating the Khundalini takes 12 years, if I ejactulate once I must restart...

1 hour ago, Shakazulu said:

He said for the khundalini to awaken I must abstain from sex, meat, alcohol, isolate myself from society and find a great guru, is this true?

He may be correct , but how will you find a great guru ? How will you recognize that guru's kundalini is awakened or he is an ordinary man with theoretical spiritual knowledge?

So you're gonna base your entire life on something some random Uber passenger said?

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

@Leo Gura he did give a lot of positive information, in retrospect I feel he told me that to accept uncertainty in my life and the lesson was for me to be able to tell the ego  "it's okay " 

@Shakazulu What he said is rubbish. No discussion or debate necessary. It's possible to awaken your Kundalini in a matter of days or even hours. Unlikely, but possible.

"Find what you love and let it kill you." - Charles Bukowski

2 hours ago, Ether said:

@Leo Gura So you're gonna base your entire life on something some youtuber said? xD

Only a fool would do that.

@Space I was upset when I heard that last night, it's only getting better ??

@Ether Point is to think everything through for yourself. My videos are only food for thought.

@Leo Gura Yes, i actually believed my mentor but i had to look at what i didnt want to believe and accept it as a possibility. When you do that, its easier to see that if its true or not.

It actually did not hurt me

29 minutes ago, Shakazulu said:

I was upset when I heard that last night, it's only getting better ??

Forget about 12 years, if it takes an eternity don't loose heart. One cannot predict when it will happen. Only one thing can be said categorically, that if you are impatient it will not happen. The more impatient you are for it, the less is the possibility, and if you are patient, it is bound to happen. The more patient you are, the closer it is. If your patience is absolute, then it can happen right this very moment. But everything depends on patience. 

@Prabhaker my focus isn't on unlocking the khundalini tbh. My focus is on opening my heart more and being closer to the source for the authentic self. @Leo Gura said to be the greatest version of ourselves/great in anything, we should ground our intention in spirituality. And use spirituality as a compass for our life purpose 

@Leo Gura Little off-topic, but would you (or anyone else who knows) mind linking me the yoga-cuchion that you showed in your video?