NoSelfSelf

Big picture understanding-social understanding

10 posts in this topic

Im planing to start doing serious research(to develope big picture understanding of life) and to start of i want to understand social behaviour,communication,relating,everything around people(interacting etc) what advice would you give me what traps to avoid what experiences to seek?

Who teaches us whats real and how to laugh at lies? Who decides why we live and what we'll die to defend?Who chain us? And who holds the Key that can set us free? 

It's you.

You have all the weapons you need 

Now fight.

Look into Social Science. That's a fun rabbit hole. 

But you ask about experiences, the best thing to do would be to go to the old folks home and ask if you can interview them. You have some real eye-opening experiences doing that.

@NoSelfSelf I suggest you avoid the trap of black and white thinking. Each perspective is incomplete so therefore you have to study dozens of them and apply your own reason to figure out the subtle nuances. It's very easy to start to take information on faith because you are starting to like a specific author or researcher or whatever. 

Just because for example David Deida's books may be 80-90% accurate, it doesn't mean that he isn't prone to error or that he doesn't hold specific unquestioned assumptions. You take the information, analyze it in relation to your past and current experiences, and IDEALLY, you go out and find out for yourself if the info you read on is accurate or not.

Also, check in with your intuition every once in a while.

”Unaccompanied by positive action, rest may only depress you.” -- George Leonard

2 hours ago, NoSelfSelf said:

Im planing to start doing serious research(to develope big picture understanding of life) and to start of i want to understand social behaviour,communication,relating,everything around people(interacting etc) what advice would you give me what traps to avoid what experiences to seek?

tone is very important, and the human brain is designed to find it in voice, face, and body language, but also in grammar, word choice, and other aspects. 

I'm not sure if the value of this is clear or not? 

@Staples Any link where can i start?@Dan Arnautu Yes thats the "right" way to look at it but what exact traps are in my topic?@alyra i know that but i always forget about it tnx

Who teaches us whats real and how to laugh at lies? Who decides why we live and what we'll die to defend?Who chain us? And who holds the Key that can set us free? 

It's you.

Now fight.

@NoSelfSelf You have a compass, a GPS, right inside you. Align with it. If it feels bad, stop and deduce before proceeding. The world, through that trust of inner guidance, through the clarity that it is how you choose to see it - it quite beautiful. When you say “yeah, but this bullshit here - that ain’t me! THAT is you, and that’s when you pause and realize it’s how you’re looking at it. You are creating the whole damn thing, there is no assertion.  The game is how you see it, not what you are seeing -  and the game has been afoot since you fell out of a vagina - get going!

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

5 hours ago, Staples said:

Hahah tnx

@Nahm My own self biases,self deceptions, previous wrong assumption can make this alot difficult if i take your route...the game is how i see it? Then i can say for example im the most humble person i deserve to be treated with respect(how is this not delusion?)i want to know how it is not only how i see it...

It's you.

Now fight.

@NoSelfSelf Leo already covered how to do proper research.

Just follow the guidelines in the video. He also emphasizes the traps.

”Unaccompanied by positive action, rest may only depress you.” -- George Leonard