Matt8800

Are Yoga's Claims Credible?

25 posts in this topic

On 3/28/2018 at 0:23 AM, Leo Gura said:

Of course they do. Just not the mainstream westernized Buddhists you hear about.

The Dalai Lama has a personal oracle as one of his advisors. Sadhguru actively tells his advanced yogis not to practice siddhis or perform healings or miracles because it would create a PR nightmare for his organization.

Many enlightened masters have such abilities but will not tell you about them because you would not understand, and because it will distract you from working on your awakening.

You have to understand, people get killed for talking or exhibiting such abilities. There is a huge stigma against witchcraft, even today. Look at how Osho's commune was erradicated. That's what will happen to you when start flaunting spirituality around ignorant people.

Sadhguru was accused of murdering his wife after her supposed mahasamadhi. He was also accused of holding people captive and brainwashing them by parents who didn't understand what yoga is.

Almost every spiritual tradition has deep esoteric teachings which are kept secret and never penetrates mainstream culture because mainstream culture is so closedminded and materialisitic.

These are very advanced things which are not discussed with closedminded people.

I am not saying everything they claim is true, but you'd be surprised how much truth there is in esoteric teachings.

Yogananda's biography is very fantastical. It's not a good resource for skeptical rationalist western minds. For you to understand the things he talks about requires someone like me to break it down into a western anatyical paradigm. Which takes a lot of work and people still don't buy it.

If you really care about understanding siddhis and paranormal abilities, you must spent years practicing them. The proof is in practices.

Spend 5 years doing hardcore yoga and then you'll have a better understanding of the possibilites here.

Kriya yoga's primary intention is unlocking your chakras and liberation, not siddhis. So don't get stuck on all the fantasical stuff. Focus on awakening.

P.S. The deepest truth is so incredible, it will kill you.

Hmm I must obtain this kind of power, me and my ego already decided to stick together xD. 

Edited by Raymondo

1 hour ago, Leo Gura said:

@Matt8800 Stop reading Yoganada and just do the practices. They are very direct and pragmatic, without any metaphysical mumbo-jumbo.

The whole issue is, spirituality must be directly practiced, not talked about or debated. The more practice you do, the faster all of your questions and doubts will be addressed. And you will feel so much better.

Read only as many books as you need to convince yourself to do serious practice.

Thats what I decided I would do.

The Kriya book seems to assume the reader has a foundational knowledge of chakras, which I do not. While it does spend some time explaining chakras, I feel like it is incomplete and I dont understand what the theory of chakras is all about. I bought a well-reviewed book on chakras to have a better working knowledge. Thoughts?

Edited by Matt8800

@Matt8800 I like keeping the mystery. You know that moment when you have some weird experience or sensation and when looking it up you find that it is actually a well documented phenomenon.

On 29/03/2018 at 4:19 AM, Leo Gura said:

You've been reading some bad stuff.

Healing siddhis are some of the most common and credible of siddhis.

You can find healers all over Yelp. This isn't rocket science. I have interacted with people who have healing abilities. It's quite common in spiritual circles. I even hired healers to work on me.

I have even experienced healing myself a bit during one LSD trip.

You can definitely develop this ability if you really wanted to.

But without enlightenment you will likely abuse/misuse any siddhis you develop. So be careful. The potential for Zen Devilry here is great. Don't give spirituality a bad name.

Thank you Leo.

Unfortunately I can't find healers on yelp in my area - Belgium is just a small ass country.

I'll be sure to be very careful. You don't happen to have any ressource on those healing processes do you ? :P

@Lynnel Hundreds of books have been written about healing. Do a search on Amazon.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.