Slade

Kriya Yoga Question About Daily Practice

10 posts in this topic

So in the book Leo recommends it says that’s it’s recommended to split up your practice 2-3 times per day in morning, midday, and evening. But in Leo’s blog video he said that you shouldn’t split your practice up and that you should just do it all at once. For those of you that have done Kriya for awhile now, which one of these two do you find to be a more powerful option for progression? 

I'm new to kriya as well but I can see the value in both approaches. Having one chunk of time reserved for practice makes that practice become a habit faster and depending on your schedule most likely it will be easier to consistently free up 1 hour in the morning compared to 3x20 or 2x30 min. Also being able to practice anything for 1 hour at a time increases your attention span/focus.

Splitting the practice up makes it more part of your day because the time you are unconscious without interruption is shortened, it is easier to force yourself to do something that is shorter and your schedule may simply not allow it for your to consistently split up your training. 

@Slade Your routine is one thing. You do it all at once.

But you can run that same routine more than once per day.

A routine takes 30-60 minutes. So if you want to run it 3 times, that will be 3 hours.

Start with just mastering 1 cycle per day. You can always do more later.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

@Leo Gura

instead of making another topic to ask another basic Kriya question I'll ask it here. During the whole Kriya yoga do you always keep your eyes shut for the 30-60 mins? Sometimes between exercises i open my eyes to double check the instructions

@herghly Yes, eyes shut the whole time. You will easily internalize the instructions after a bit of practice.

If you have an uncertainty about some technique, check the book BEFORE your begin your session, and then also AFTERWARD. That way you will quickly memorize all the techniques.

@Leo Gura Then I may have misunderstood some things, because some of the practices are advised to be done at night before sleep and other lessons have a maximum amount of repetitions for a day.

@Leo Gura but don't you need to open your eyes to set a timer to do the concentration meditation at the end of the sessions ? 

22 hours ago, Aimblack said:

@Leo Gura Then I may have misunderstood some things, because some of the practices are advised to be done at night before sleep and other lessons have a maximum amount of repetitions for a day.

I deviate a bit from the book.

21 hours ago, herghly said:

@Leo Gura but don't you need to open your eyes to set a timer to do the concentration meditation at the end of the sessions ? 

No, you do not use timers for yoga.

With a bit of practice you will know when the 5 minutes are up, naturally, without a timer.

It's not that hard to guestimate 5 to 10 mins. You don't want to be interrupting your practice to fiddle with a timer. Become fully adsorbed in the practice and don't worry too much about time.

Once you get your routine down, it will be like clockwork.

@herghly Get the app Insight Timer and you can set custom time interval bells. Might be what you're looking for.

"Find what you love and let it kill you." - Charles Bukowski