Andre Quinonez

How much sleep do we actually need?

26 posts in this topic

i eat vegan, light food and mostly fresh, doing 2 meditations a day, 2-3 pranayam, keep mayself calm and peacefull the whole day . from 9 hours i need now 5-6 hours of sleep and i am gonna make may practice even more "hard" and with more stuff because i feel amazing . 
sleeping is for rest, the more rest you get though your day the less sleeo you need

have ADHD? click here if you want to treat it

On 18.4.2018 at 2:47 AM, lmfao said:

@Andre Quinonez I personally feel I need 9, but that exact number may be a consequence of unhealthy lifestyle habits. I almost never get 9 though, I'm constantly sleep deprived tbh. 

Are you me?

It frustrates me that i have to sleep 9 hours a night to function properly. I used the Runtastic Sleep Better application to find out my sleep pattern, and found out that towards the end of the week i keep going to light state and awakened state of sleep more and more.

My doctor said that maybe its the stress, maybe its because i use the application that lies to me (results can lie, trends dont) or that i have been light sleeper all my life and i should not be worried about it.

Just in case it is the stress, does anyone here know a method to relieve stress daily/once a week to normalize sleep pattern?

Edited by Hansu

You sleep as long as you need to, no more and no less :D

I agree with my friend who says that when we wake up naturally from our sleep, even if it's only been a few hours, then that is the natural amount our body needs to rest. But when it happens to me, it's still very early in the morning, so I go back to sleep lol

Cheers!

I review self-help courses to find out which ones are good and not good: propelyourwealth.com

@Feel Good I go for a half hour walk each day, and do light yoga/stretches which helps increase my energy levels. I find that the amount of food you eat is directly proportional to how much sleep you need which everyone can do. 

There are many factors probably; I eat super clean and very little, do not have sex, and I practice being in a relaxed state. It also depends on how much emotional processing is needed; as much is done in dreams :) 

This all comes as a “bonus” from the core practice of unconditional love.

Feel your hearts embrace of this moment of existence, and your love will awaken in everything you perceive ❤️ 

@Solace It also has to do with being connected to your higher-self/spirit. The more whole and connected you are, the less you require sleep. This happens because you are tapping into your core universal energy, rather than physicality as much.

Edited by pluto

B R E A T H E