Krishna Siva

How am I even correct

6 posts in this topic

The one thing that I come across in everyday life repeatedly is how people think they are correct.

I'm not meaning this in a offensive way, but in the context of an observation.

Even in this forum, I can see multiple people who protect their opinions very much, and are not willing to give up on them. This doesn't exclude me of course. 

I don't know how someone can manage to think about how they can be wrong, even though their knowledge is based on science, philosophy or psychology. 

I do understand that it's an emotionally laborious process to question your beliefs from a very fundamental level, but still. 

I think this is something that is worth debating over, so what are your thoughts? 

@Leo Gura

Edited by Krishna Siva

Its not possible to be correct

Who teaches us whats real and how to laugh at lies? Who decides why we live and what we'll die to defend?Who chain us? And who holds the Key that can set us free? 

It's you.

You have all the weapons you need 

Now fight.

6 hours ago, Krishna Siva said:

The one thing that I come across in everyday life repeatedly is how people think they are correct.

This is how the ego protects and projects it's position, ie via belief.

6 hours ago, Krishna Siva said:

I don't know how someone can manage to think about how they can be wrong

This illustrates that you are caught in a belief.

Here is something Jed McKenna said that I posted elsewhere on this forum some time ago:

Scientists first theorized the atom and attendant molecules. Then they set out to prove it and did indeed appear to find them. Then they went on to sub-atomic particles ... with names that sound like they were created whilst on a stoner in Vegas... maybe they where.

And, it goes on, and on and on. But what I think very few have realize (beside that brilliant scientist, Dr. Mckenna... oohh.. could it be me or Terrance   ) that all these where not created during the Big Bang, which is another fairy tale for the masses, these have all been created by the scientists themselves. They theorize, they created and then they discover... oh yeh,   and then they seek more money with which they can create more particles. Your labor and taxes contribute to this, of course.   .

Bolding my own. There were emojis in this but did not survive the copy and paste from http://jedmckenna.createaforum.com/new-board/jed-rant-cut-to-the-chase/msg26182/#msg26182

Once you think enough about and thus believe your theory (thought- construct) is right, correct, it is for you; you are living in it and as it as long as it is in line with previous believed thought-construct.

Edited by dorg

@Krishna Siva Wasn't this answered by the 3 videos about self-deception?

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

@Krishna Siva How can a perspective be “correct”? Our perspective has been shaped by our environment and phsiology.

My gf and I got into a debate about justice and accountability. I thought her perspective was illogical. Yet due to our different life history, we have different meanings for concepts like justice, fairness, responsibility, punishment etc. Her upbringing was VERY different than mine. At times we have miscommunication and confusion since we are essentially speaking different languages when we interpret words differently.

My ego wants to be objectively *right*. It is not satisfied with the idea that I only have one perspective of an infinite number of perspectives. It holds no more or less value. My ego sees itself as being right for me and everyone else. Yet how would one determine whise perspective is *right*? Take a public poll?