Staples

How to open yourself up to dating?

6 posts in this topic

I've never really been comfortable having a partner and introducing them to my friends, let alone my family. I notice a deep subconscious need to not look too interested in women. I've turned away lots of opportunities because of this. I think there's some weird need for me to not allow myself to be intimate.

Has anyone else dealt with this?

It means that you have to let go of something to be open for someone to come i know what you feel you see there is nothing in being with someone if you havent made yourself happy first...

Who teaches us whats real and how to laugh at lies? Who decides why we live and what we'll die to defend?Who chain us? And who holds the Key that can set us free? 

It's you.

You have all the weapons you need 

Now fight.

Huge red flag.

You need some deep shadow work/introspections.

God is love

Whoever lives in love lives in God

And God in them

@Ether Aren't most people? I wouldn't say I am more afraid than the average person.

@Shin yikes! Do you have any good resource recommendations for that? Or is good old contemplation the way to go?

I appreciate the responses :)

I have had similar problem since I got out of a long relationship 2 years ago. I think some of it comes from me becoming more independent and having a life that I want alone, and some from the fact that I have been observing and noticing how many relationships with certain people just won't work. Generally I've become a bit picky. 

If you feel the same, it is fine. Of course we are aging but on the other hand, being alone is a lot better than being in a bad relationship. Unless you want to take the challenge with some one that you feel fit.