DocHoliday

Beware Of Spiritual Pussification

15 posts in this topic

Just because you're now enaging in various spiritual undertakings, meditation and all your cute practices to attain higher states doesn't mean that you are different from other people or in any way, shape of form better than them. I see it so many times that not just the students but so many teachers as well appear so soft and fragile that if you were to pop their little pink-coloured, cloud-shaped, cotton wool-coated balloon that they're meditating on up high in their personal spheres of unimanigable, unattainable consciousness, they would fall right down to the floor and shatter like glass, pathetically, while the unrecoverable shards reflect their last, salty teardrop slowly running down their blood-smeared face as they spit out their last words through broken teeth, forming the sentence "I still love you...".

The point is, don't be that person. Don't be cookie dough. If you really take spiritual work seriously, at some point you have to stop jerking off your sore dick, give it a pause, and start looking at what really matters. The dark side of everything. Shadow-work. Going where the pain is and looking at everything that isn't pretty, filled with love, or sugar-coated in fucking rainbow colours. Let your inner masochist come out and embrace what others would stay away from. You think sitting on a nice warm couch and meditating for hours on end is hardcore? You have no fucking clue what hardcore is...! THERE IS NOT ENOUGH INTENSITY!!! When you put truly enlightened people to the test, you'll find out that they're intense as fuck. They're like a full-on freighttrain loaded with gasoline that crashes into a wildfire. You're not intense, you're limp. If Fight Club teaches you one thing, it's that hitting bottom is not as easy and nice as you think it is. That's why it's called HITTING bottom, not softly landing on the bottom. Practice intensity from time to time and don't just let yourself flow like a tiny, spineless wimp-leaf in the wind.

Edited by DocHoliday
Reason for Edit: NOT ENOUGH INTENSITY

Hey, what's up! This is Jack R. Hayes, I'm an author, currently living in Germany. Thus far, I've written two books, both in English and German; one's called "User's Manual for Human Beings", and the other one's called "The Wisdom Espresso". If you'd like to check out my work, visit me at  https://jackrhayes.de  or go to Amazon and search for my name. I'd be happy to see you there!

Hey, what's up! This is Jack R. Hayes, I'm an author, currently living in Germany. Thus far, I've written two books, both in English and German; one's called "User's Manual for Human Beings", and the other one's called "The Wisdom Espresso". If you'd like to check out my work, visit me at  https://jackrhayes.de  or go to Amazon and search for my name. I'd be happy to see you there!

Spiritual ego + spiritual bypassing 

How to never realize your true self by being a dick to everyone else and to yourself :x

God is love

Whoever lives in love lives in God

And God in them

@Shin Are you sure about the fact that being a dick will not, under no circumstances, ever push some people a little bit further on their journey?:P I'm not being absolutely serious here as you could have told by the way my post was written, even though it's hard sometimes to get that (non-seriousness) across properly. 
EDIT: Sometimes I just feel like people need to be kicked in the ass a bit, so that's what I decided to do.

Edited by DocHoliday

It's amazing the rules people think they need to conform to to be spiritual.  The whole point of spirituality is to realize that you can't live by rules.  There is no you that is living by any rules.  That's just a pipe-dream.

So, yeah, just be authentic.  I have a masculine side to me.  That feels really natural to me, and I let it fly, I don't try to control anything.  I appreciate both masculine and feminine energy.  

Video on point to watch:

Edited by Joseph Maynor

@Joseph Maynor That's a good point Joseph, we really should drop the roles we play, yet it's surely just a stepping stone to discover that we're free to take on any role we want to:)

I will say this: some people probably do believe, consciously or unconsciously, that self-realization is about being "nice" or "kind" or "good" or whatever.

It's totally not.

(We're speaking on the level of psychological experience and outward behavior.)

It's about being whole, complete, integrated.

It's not about being Gandhi, or Jesus or Mother Teresa.

They all had their prarabdha, you have yours.

Edited by Haumea

20 minutes ago, Haumea said:

I will say this: some people probably do believe, consciously or unconsciously, that self-realization is about being "nice" or "kind" or "good" or whatever.

It's totally not.

(We're speaking on the level of psychological experience and outward behavior.)

It's about being whole, complete, integrated.

It's not about being Gandhi, or Jesus or Mother Teresa.

They all had their prarabdha, you have yours.

Indeed 

MORE INTENSITY!!!

8 hours ago, DocHoliday said:

@Shin Are you sure about the fact that being a dick will not, under no circumstances, ever push some people a little bit further on their journey?:P I'm not being absolutely serious here as you could have told by the way my post was written, even though it's hard sometimes to get that (non-seriousness) across properly. 
EDIT: Sometimes I just feel like people need to be kicked in the ass a bit, so that's what I decided to do.

Depends.

To me being a dick is fine when you respect your boundaries and the «pussy» way doesn't work.

Otherwise I try to never be agressive or dominant, I don't see the point.

God is love

And God in them

@Shin It’s not about aggressiveness or dominance, not really. Those are also traits I’d personally stay away from because they have a hostile and fragmenting characteristic to them. It’s about intensity in your Being, that’s very different from being aggressive. And yes, it is actually intensity that comes out of stillness, they both go together as Sadhguru pointed out.

That’s why the balance of both is more important than many people think because it seems to me that many only ever focus on being still and calm but refrain interactions that cause them emotional turmoil or distress, such as shadow-work for example, but will give you some of the best integration and implementation of other practices practiced possible. 

So my whole point is essentially that “spiritual people” never actually put their spirituality to the test - they are unfamiliar with occasions or circumstances where shit really hits the fan, because for many people that’s the point when all of their “spiritual attainments” fly out of the window and are useless to them. In other words: The eye of the storm remains calm but to get there, first you have to move through the storm. 

@DocHoliday 

I get what you mean I think.

Like those spiritual dudes who never look into their fears, act on it if necessary.

Never say or do what they feel is right if it's not «loving», just to fit a pure and perfect ideal of spirituality.

Yeah this won't work xD

Edited by Shin

God is love

And God in them

@Shin Yes, now you start to understand where I was going with that post, that’s right.?

@Shin But of course it doesn't just involve fear, it's way more than that...
-your motivations to do or say certain things
-your emotional reactiveness and why you react like you do
-how your entire character is built up, through what you have become the way you are
-etc.

Edited by DocHoliday