Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Crystalous

Schizophrenia and LSD

10 posts in this topic

Hello warriors.First off I want to give my thanks and support to Leo as this is my first post.I had a pretty intense enlightenment experience 2 years ago that changed my life.But my neurosis keep going and I decided to grow a cannabis tree that destroyed me a little bit.I was smoking to much, it was really high in thc it was a skunk strain.I forgot everything about enlightenment I was full of paranoia greed fear and sadness.I almost had a psychotic experience.Now my question is about LSD.I was always following Leo's advices and psychedelics are no exception.I had two trips with lsd and I had a pretty weird feeling during the trip, it was coming in waves and it had impact in my facial expressions.My eyes would be wide open like a psychopaths my jaw also was moving weirdly and if someone was there to stare at me for sure he would have been freaked out.Is it normal having these waves of strong emotions?I am scared about schizophrenia, but I want to mention that lsd doesn't give me schizophrenic characteristics after the use like cannabis did.does anybody alse have these facial expressions during LSD?I wasn't able to find information in internet.(I do not take psychiatric drugs or cannabis)

Edited by Crystalous

Sounds like you care too much what other people think of you.

What does it matter what your facial expressions are when you are tripping?? A lot weirder shit is gonna happen than that.

You should be focused on contemplating the nature of reality, not how you look.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

The facial locks, and such things are common characteristics of the LSD experience. Need not worry about them. Agreed that you should separate yourself from the mundane experiences, such as what is happening to your body, and focus on what really is happening to you. Contemplate anything you might be wondering about, write down anything you find profound. Review any findings you have after the experience, as psychedelics tend to make some things seem more important than they are. Don't worry, you are not schizophrenic.

There is a slim chance LSD can trigger schizophrenia. One of my friends triggered an early onset of schizophrenia when he was about 20 from doing LSD to much. He ended up committing suicide a few years later.  

If you are mentally unstable or on anti-depressants or anti-psychotics, you should definite not do psychedelics.

If you're a normal person without such conditions, psychedelics are quite safe so long as you follow proper protocol and don't do high doses.

5 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

Psychedelics are quite safe so long as you follow proper protocol and don't do high doses.

Interesting. All my low dose mushroom trips have been the most destabilizing. The higher dose trips (4+ grams) have been far easier. To be fair though, I've never tried anything other than mushrooms when it comes to psychedelics. Never gone for a heroic dose either.

Edited by StephenK

@StephenK Mushrooms can get real hairy at 4g. You've just been lucky.

If you do mushrooms long enough, don't be surprised if one day they bitchlap you.

OK thanks.I was alone in both trips I am just scared of insanity because that was the way my face looked.I was able to handle two blotters and I had some new questions and insights.You need strong trips to understand, you have to loose the touch with your body.I ate one and a half and no visuals with closed eyes or serious insights.I was taking antipsychotics until 3 months ago and they made me wanting to suicide during the use and when I stopped them for a month, it wasn't without reason I have serious health issues.I was taking them because I was smoking to much cannabis and almost had a psychotic episode so the doctor gave them to me to stop using cannabis easier and organize my thought again.I had never felt the same urge to kill myself before the medication so I am giving the responsibility to the antipsychotic(zyprexa,the higher suicide rate for antipsychotic).Now I am off 3 months and I don't have these feelings.The only time I had schizophrenic behaviour was with cannabis but it was not real schizophrenia just some mutual symptoms during the use.I have these scary expressions because of the scary and unpleasant feeling that last about 10 sec.I was controlling the trip(i believe) and I have the same feeling with smaller doses but with the higher dose I had the insights and more intense the unpleasant feeling.I will stick with 2 blotters no higher.Does anybody also have strange feelings, coming in waves every 5-10 minutes?After the use my mind is all right no problems with memory paranoia or organization , the problems coming from cannabis use.

Edited by Crystalous

mushrooms can get weird at 4g+, I almost had a bad trip but was able to let go and be fine i guess, I can tell it would of been absolutely terrible though

Well I can't call it bad trip.This feeling isn't good but it comes and goes in the hole Peak of the trip.I can't call my trips blissful or joyful.My lsd experiences are neutral with some new interesting changes in perception and some bad feelings.It feels like I can't stand this shitty emotion like my soul suffers and want to go out but it goes away after 5-10 seconds.

Edited by Crystalous