Cammy

Ways to stop living for the weekends?

7 posts in this topic

Hi there, 

It has just turned Saturday as I sit in front of my computer and a thought came to mind. If I only have 2 days of freedom from work, this is not how I should be spending my time. This in turn led me to the question: "What are ways to stop living for the weekends?"

How do you all embrace every moment of your lives? (or at least try to). 

Everyday is a miracle, weekends are an illusion, days of the week and time is an illusion, the present moment has no time or boundaries, now is REAL! Maybe try and live more in the moment?

I agree with Charlotte, just notice that all weekdays are just concepts floating in the collective mental soup, dont get locked down by cultural ideas and youre free to just do whatever you please any"time"!

Dont look at me! Look inside!

@Cammy

You stop being afraid.

The reason people "live for the weekends" is because they know their life sucks, but they're too scared to do anything about it because they think they have something to lose. The weekends are a way for them to cope with the situation they've created for themselves.

That narrative is rapidly changing though. The huge recent surge in the popularity of "entrepreneurship" reflects that people are starting to realize the system doesn't work for them and are deciding to step up. Which makes me extremely optimistic about where society is going.

12 hours ago, Cammy said:

Hi there, 

It has just turned Saturday as I sit in front of my computer and a thought came to mind. If I only have 2 days of freedom from work, this is not how I should be spending my time. This in turn led me to the question: "What are ways to stop living for the weekends?"

How do you all embrace every moment of your lives? (or at least try to). 

I guess try to be proactive after work on weekdays and make the most of what you have. Have certain goals for what you want to achieve on a day-to-day basis, as well as long term goals that you're slowly working towards. Maybe it's something super simple like reading for 30 minutes. Try to be organised and break up what time you have into focused periods of activity. Personally I find dedicating specific amounts of time to certain activities helps make the most of the time I have. This doesn't apply to everything you do, but things like reading, as I said, meditation, exercise work well in time 'chunks'. Setting aside certain amounts of time for certain activities really puts you into the present, and brings all your attention to that activity. 

"Find what you love and let it kill you." - Charles Bukowski

@Cammy Practices, get centered in the real you which is unchanging to conditions, days, etc. Eat clean, exercise, get clarity. Be willing to become aware of what you don’t want and what you do want, in relation to how you are spending your mon-fri. A change is coming for sure. Don’t judge or beat up on yourself, let your awareness lead. 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

I do what brendon burchard says all the time, be aware.

By being aware you're more conscious of what's going on around you and you're able to grasp the moments you're in throughout the day. 

Works great for me. Also allows me to be more thankful.