Him

How to know when ego death happens?

9 posts in this topic

I had a strange event 2 nights ago, I just smoke 2-3 shots of joint that was haze or purple haze.

In 10 minutes I just was relaxed then in 1 minute I felt I jump from my self and I was a little point and big point. This was 2 minutes, I didn't know who was my self and I realize after some hours that I was me and was really cool. 

Imho this maybe was a ego death but for little short time.

How we can recognize ego death? 

I'm no expert, but pot can cause depersonalization along with hallucinations... at most it probably caused you do experience what your subconscious thinks an ego death may be. 

Straight Answer:

You feel that you die, Literally. You start saying goodbye even if is not with words. And you make peace with yourself.

Blessings

On 2/3/2018 at 2:51 PM, Him said:

How we can recognize ego death? 

For me it wasn't something that happened suddenly, but over a long period of time (many months).  But when it happened I felt empty inside.  The same kind of feeling one might get after a breakup with a long-time partner, or after finishing a long book or game.  The emptiness is uncomfortable at first, and you may find yourself giving up an old lifestyle or way of thinking.  You may even find the emptiness so unbearable that you wish you could plug yourself back into the Matrix so to speak.

"If you're going through hell, keep going." -Winston Churchill. 

You will eventually find your true self within that emptiness.

22 hours ago, Quanty said:

Straight Answer:

You feel that you die, Literally. You start saying goodbye even if is not with words. And you make peace with yourself.

Blessings

I encountered many "sleep paralysis" attacks throughout my life. Last time I had one, I completely surrendered and said 'I can do nothing about it, so why fight it, accept it.'

Fortunately, I never had them anymore since then.

My question is; was that ego death?

Edited by Truth Addict

I resonat w REflecton....but is there a best way to deal w  limbo And noreturn?? Tnx

On 2/3/2018 at 9:51 PM, Him said:

How we can recognize ego death? 

@Him our beliefs and imprints are much like stored procedures, and kept in the self. the ego uses them to assess a life situation and to consolidate an opinion about it, and prompting you with thoughts and emotions. when there are no beliefs or imprints applicable to certain situation, the ego tries to figure it out for it self, and consolidate an opinion based upon information accessible to it. when the ego dies along with the self, you feel the emptiness inside, nothing to cling to, no one to be identified with, no one to suggest anything, no thoughts or emotions regarding the situation. no further processing is done to access and to consolidate an opinion about the situation. all that remains is natural recognition whether this life situation is a delusion or truthful. 

Edited by Patang