JustinS

The Paradox of Seeking and Realizing

54 posts in this topic

@JustinS I feel for you dude. The ups and down are rough. This....

Nihilism is going around like a winter virus. “Giving up the pretense of becoming anything”? What you “become” is beyond anything you could ever imagine becoming! You can’t become more than you are, you’re already the whole! Enlightenment is not conceptual, it is not “a concept that the ego attaches to”. I feel like you picked up that misunderstanding from the forum and projected it on your experience. I don’t think it’s who you are. I don’t think that you were thinking that way 2 months ago. Huge chance I might be wrong, forgive me if so. My intention is helping if I can.  Enlightenement is just a word! You, continuing to look into what you are, that’s what’s happening. Who cares about any words. I think you went to that beautiful ‘deep in the now’ place, where there is no thought of past or future, no attachment to any thought, just unconditional love, lots of fun and laughter, and it’s an enlightening place. Now your ‘back’, and ‘living’ and future arises again, and attachment to thoughts of doubt about future arise, and then FUCK! Back. 

But you did the ‘work’, and now you’re more aware, so of course it feels rough. Give it a little time though, meditate daily etc, be patient and hey btw, it’s ok to love yourself. Let the integration and purification do the work. Have faith in the practices. You have so many more awesome experiences ahead of you, and the deepest joy is found in the ordinary. Don’t miss the now because your’re rushing everything. It’s perfect where you are, you can enjoy it.

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

@Nahm

2 hours ago, Nahm said:

. Let the integration and purification do the work. Have faith in the practices.

Hahah thank you!! This is so true. I am so ignorant that it hurts to watch. I've got thick layers of this stuff omg. It ain't gonna completely purify overnight. My body is not used to being so open. I feel so vulnerable, it's nice but also cringey. It's just love, there's really nothing else. Love! Omg it's too much at the Absolute. 

Edited by JustinS

Haha simple and direct. Great great explanation. 

I've planned soon to stop "self-help" or to "self-actualize".

All of this had been taken too far, it's too serious.

I want a life of ignorance, and simplicity.

Maybe in this humanity, humility, I'll find myself.

I have 20 self-help books on my shelf, and I won't read them.

It's being afraid to want to read them.

I've been afraid all of my life.

5 minutes ago, Soulbass said:

Then it's exactly what you have to do.

Don't stop.

God is love

Whoever lives in love lives in God

And God in them

8 minutes ago, Soulbass said:

I've planned soon to stop "self-help" or to "self-actualize".

All of this had been taken too far, it's too serious.

I want a life of ignorance, and simplicity.

Maybe in this humanity, humility, I'll find myself.

I have 20 self-help books on my shelf, and I won't read them.

The entity that is afraid is fear. Can’t escape fear, that’s what the self is. To escape fear and seek non fear perpetuates a movement of conflict. If there is a desire to escape fear then there’s also the fear that that fear won’t be extinguished. So ??‍♂️ Remain with fear. Stop reading books on philosophy with there concepts, ideas, and start learning about the very mechanism we use on a daily basis that brings about conflict and suffering. Learn about thought as a process. Learn about the nature, structure, and substance of thought. Because that’s learning about yourself. 

Thats the only way

Edited by Faceless

@Shin

In fact I still want to read a couple of books, but it would be for pleasure. It's "free".

@Faceless

Thanks for pointing out that fear can't be avoided, I've been missing that.

Edited by Soulbass

Illusion is deviation from truth.  Seeking in some sense is deviation from truth.  But seeking can allow us to let go of a lot of the other ways we deviate from truth.  Once you do that to a good extent you can let go of seeking and then only truth remains.  It's not so much a paradox as it is scaffolding to help you get to truth and is deconstructed at the end of your spiritual journey.  

@Soulbass As long as you're trying to self actualize the "I" or develop the "I" it will be a no sum game. Investigate the "I", focus deeply into it with unwavering concentration without it getting away. Scream and shake if you have to. All of self-actualization and personal development becomes fun and silly when there is no more identification with the I. 

Seeking insight or answers outside of the self can be exhausted and enlightenment perceived as the delusion of ‘others’, seeking the true self within, ‘others’ are revealed to be self, and enlightenment realized. The extent to which we deceive ourselves in this matter is commonly underestimated and merely an obstacle of ego.

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE