Siim Land

Cholesterol Is Not the Enemy

5 posts in this topic

You've probably heard that cholesterol is bad for you and that saturated fat gives you heart disease. For the past few decades we've been told to separate the egg whites from the yolks and to opt for low fat bacon? ?

However, cholesterol is a vital nutrient for your health, cognition, hormonal balance and sanity. In fact, too low levels of cholesterol are actually bad for you and you never want to fully deprive yourself from it

Eating more cholesterol won't raise your cholesterol because your body produces it endogenously. Your brain, heart and all cells in the body are made of cholesterol and they need it

Instead, heart disease and clogged arteries are caused by chronic inflammation in the body. Cholesterol is just trying to put out the fire. Therefore, disease and heart attacks are an underlying issue of many other issues

Check out Craig Emmerich talking about in on my podcast

Stay Empowered

Siim

Body Mind Empowerment 
My YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCAohrrjG-3gEp5QF1WlM9_w

Excessive blood LDL cholesterol accumulates in blood vessel walls leading to an accumulation of macrophages in the intima layer. If the macrophages cannot remove the cholesterol quickly enough their functioning stops and they turn into mast cells that remain in the intima, clogged with the cholesterol they tried to remove. This leads to atherosclerotic plaques and inflammation which can result in negative cardiovascular events.

On 02/01/2018 at 7:28 AM, Siim Land said:

herefore, disease and heart attacks are an underlying issue of many other issues

What does this even mean?

Please don't spread misinformation

Why would I consume exogenous cholesterol, when my body produces it adequately. Unless I have liver disease, I will not need to eat extra cholesterol lol. That's like saying I need to inject blood everyday into my vessels to stay healthy. No, my body produces enough blood that's exactly right for my body. I only need to infuse blood if something's terribly wrong.

RIP Roe V Wade 1973-2022 :)