RawJudah

Stopping it all

10 posts in this topic

Happy New Years people!

Ive come to the realisation that all this self help stuff and living differently from the average person isn’t for me. I’ve been meditating for a month (not a long time I know) and I really don’t enjoy feeling different from other people. It’s almost like the more self help stuff I do the more detached from everyone I feel. It’s weird. And it’s driving me crazy. 

Anyone else had this issue before?! Anyone gone back from taking the red pill to taking the blue pill? Living like the majority out there? I didn’t realise that it’s this detaching and tough to try to live the different life to everyone else? I don’t like the feeling like I’m looking down on the average person.

id love to know anyone’s thoughts on this.

sorry for the negative vibe and I’m sure I’ll get some strange hate from this.

Thanks.

@RawJudah no you're  screwed now, welcome to the cult.

No but seriously, yeah just do unhealthy shit until you feel bad about yourself and require constant distraction. You get back to square one in no time, not that I would advice it.

Edited by Spiral

I experience this too, and it's basically happening because you're one of the few people in your life that are growing themselves, so there's less to talk about with friends and family. I don't recommend that you stop self-actualizing, as the average life is a mediocre life. Part of the journey I believe for everybody is developing a form of self-reliance, where you don't need anybody to be happy. I'm an introvert and even I went through that phase. Also, if you're looking for a video to help out, Leo has one called how to deal with loneliness.

"It is thus with farming: if you do one thing late, you will be late in all your work." -Cato

4 hours ago, Spiral said:

@RawJudah no you're  screwed now, welcome to the cult.

No but seriously, yeah just do unhealthy shit until you feel bad about yourself and require constant distraction. You get back to square one in no time, not that I would advice it.

Basically this. You are on the boat now, and the sail has been set. If any of the work you've done has made some significant change in your life so far, or even a small one, you will come back soon. You can't just leave it behind anymore. At least that's what i experienced. 

@Cjaryo I understand what you’re saying, but it’s like everyone around me that isn’t doing personal development is having a great time with life, and the more I try to better myself the more I overthink everything and feel like im better than everyone else. I really don’t like that feeling.

Other people may be having fun, and thus happy, but they are not fulfilled. You may be comparing yourself to others too much, or caring about what others think of you. Also, with what the feeling better than everyone else, it's likely your ego corrupting personal development into a competition.

"It is thus with farming: if you do one thing late, you will be late in all your work." -Cato

4 hours ago, RawJudah said:

@Cjaryo I understand what you’re saying, but it’s like everyone around me that isn’t doing personal development is having a great time with life, and the more I try to better myself the more I overthink everything and feel like im better than everyone else. I really don’t like that feeling.

And this is why you actively have to develop your social environment too... or what do you think @Leo Gura does with his work (besides of make some bread)?

For example if you meditate and realise that everyone is just to mindless.. You maybe can't change your work or school, but you can choose you future work or school. Make it happen, my friend.

22 hours ago, RawJudah said:

Happy New Years people!

Ive come to the realisation that all this self help stuff and living differently from the average person isn’t for me. I’ve been meditating for a month (not a long time I know) and I really don’t enjoy feeling different from other people. It’s almost like the more self help stuff I do the more detached from everyone I feel. It’s weird. And it’s driving me crazy. 

Anyone else had this issue before?! Anyone gone back from taking the red pill to taking the blue pill? Living like the majority out there? I didn’t realise that it’s this detaching and tough to try to live the different life to everyone else? I don’t like the feeling like I’m looking down on the average person.

id love to know anyone’s thoughts on this.

sorry for the negative vibe and I’m sure I’ll get some strange hate from this.

Thanks.

If your practice makes you feel like you are somehow superior to others then I'd dare say you have a ways to go.

If you are calmer than the average person then people will feel more at ease around you. If you feel free to speak out against things like racism even when it's disguised as humour amongst your peers, you embolden others to do the same.

It has nothing to do with looking down on others and everything to do with compassion.

when we constantly compare ourselves to others, we waste precious energy focusing on other peoples' lives rather than our own.

Never ever compare yourself with other people.

Here Is a Free Self Improvement and Motivational Ebook.
All you have to do is enter the link bellow and put your name with your e-mail, and you will receive a message to your INBOX to download the Ebook....

On 1/1/2018 at 1:47 PM, Spiral said:

Look at the thread above. My advice would be what @Spiral said, literally. All growth should be natural. If you are not 100% sure that this path is good for you (ultimately, we all could be just deluded, you can never know for sure), go back but watch yourself doing what you do. This is the only way you can deeply realize if society's values and actions will lead to a happy life or not. Investigate for yourself in direct experience.

Spirituality is any movement towards the Unnamable. Everything is spiritual.

The only true way out Resistance is going into it because any way out of it is staying in it.

The purest life possible is surrendering to the Absolute.