egoless

Stay Human!!! (Trip Report)

79 posts in this topic

12 minutes ago, egoless said:

@Shanmugam  You should never stop on the point thinking that’s it - I have arrived. There is nowhere to “arrive” to.

Yes... And just remember what Rupert ended with, in that video.. He talks about retracing your steps... That is what I mentioned as 'untying the knots' in this post: 

The spiritual practice is like keep doing 'control + z' until there is nothing to undo... It feels like peeling the layers of an onion...

Man-Onion.jpg

Shanmugam 

Subscribe to my Youtube channel for videos regarding spiritual path, psychology, meditation, poetry and more: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCwOJcU0o7xIy1L663hoxzZw?sub_confirmation=1 

@egoless Could you please mention substance and dosage. Report feels incomplete without that.

@egoless Could you go into this a little further, I am still not sure that I understand your viewpoint in full.

Zen Devilry at its finest.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

8 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

Zen Devilry at its finest.

But then again, that's a judgment too.  We are so inclined to want to judge.  Judge judge judge.  Nit pick nit pick nit pick. That's us.  Talk about issues of not wanting to accept reality for what it is.  And we all do it.  I'm not singling you out.  I do this way too much too.  The Mind is a double-edged sword.

Edited by Joseph Maynor

14 hours ago, egoless said:

@Joseph Maynor From your point of view yes. But you don’t understand perspectives. That’s your problem here with trying to help me. Without understanding my experience or even experiencing what I did. You don’t know what you are talking about. Contemplate that. Become aware of perspectives. It will help you to become better helper in this world. :) 

Understood.  I was too judgmental.  I've been too judgmental lately.  Too much of my Ego has gotten wrapped up in this Personal Development stuff.  There's a danger of that in this work.  It is easy to get caught up in how you think something should go and make that what reality is -- instead of realizing that that is just a Mind augmentation on top of reality.  I don't even know you.  I've never even met you.  I've never had coffee with you.  And yet -- I had all these assumptions of what I wanted you to be -- or cubbyholes that I wanted you to fit into.  But that was to satisfy me -- my own ideas about the way things are supposed to be.  Or how about this one -- the way things are for the best.  That's a clever rationalization that one!  This is the smartest way for things to be.  And I'm the smartie.  Of course.  Oh boy, that's a big trap folks.  It's a species of know-it-all-ism.

Edited by Joseph Maynor

On ‎12‎/‎28‎/‎2017 at 0:40 PM, egoless said:

@Joseph Maynor I don’t need help. No more. Not in this. I became the human. 

I know it’s hard to understand from your paradigm guys but I know what happened. I am in the peace.

From what I hear your argument and belief to choose to be human (or with ego) is based off a bad experience with god/everything. But from what I gathered more people than you have experienced god and have had a good experience. And I don't mean to say this in a jerky way (because its just going to come off as mean since I can't express complicated emotion with a reply). But More people with More experience would say otherwise to your belief in this post

Of course I did not have the experience you did. I don't know all the specifics of it. But your describing God as bad/you had a bad experience. So I at least want to point out the logical fallacies in your argument.

You should really try to be open minded about this. Here's the definition of open-mindedness:

willing to consider new ideas; unprejudiced.

I'm not saying what you saw wasn't real. But I'm asking you to consider what I said above,

EVEN if your 100% percent sure

EVEN if your not even sure why/how it could be incorrect, or what to do to figure out its incorrectness

and EVEN if what you saw is correct 100% in every way

Edited by Jamie Universe

On 12/28/2017 at 1:38 PM, Joseph Maynor said:

Enlightenment is about depth of awareness.  What makes one person more awake than another is that they have keener-awareness and can notice things that the less awake person can’t yet notice.  And that’s frustrating as hell to try to teach someone.  A genuine Enlightenment teacher, one who really genuinely cares about helping people, is a glutton for punishment because it’s really hard to help someone else raise their awareness.  Enlightenment is the most frustrating subject to try to teach.  I can attest to that.  I’ve been kind of on a mission to try to help people with Enlightenment for months now, and it’s almost a full time job to try to get through on even the most basic of issues.  And then the Ego wants to resist awareness to boot — so often the response I’ve gotten is resistance to the insights I’m trying to give someone.  The Mind is just too closed off for my insight to resonate.  Or it does resonate but the person I’m trying to help wants to cling to the belief, idea, or language — instead of gaining the insight about awareness that I’m trying to communicate to them.  Enlightenment is about awareness much more than about ideology or belief.  Enlightenment is like a maturity in a way.  Perhaps the difference between the way that a 10 year old and 40 year old view the world conveys what Enlightenment gives you.  It’s about having a huge shore of reference that allows you to notice almost every trap and every opportunity to boot.  The Mind has become my friend now that I understand it — I can compensate for its deficiencies now and listen to it more intently with more gratitude when it does try to help me.  Enlightenment is understanding yourself deeply.  That, in part, makes self-acceptance and acceptance of reality possible — which makes peace and contentment possible in your life.  Then you have a solid foundation up under you to begin to work on your Life Purpose.  That’s where your life truly begins: because now you’re operating on all 12 cylinders because the Mind is no longer at war with itself.  You’ve become an amazing Lamborghini without even moving a muscle.  That’s the potential of this work of raising awareness.  If you don’t got that — yain’t nowhere close to being advanced in this Personal Development journey!  The Mind wants to be advanced, but in reality you’re still at the very early newbie stages.  All of us are much lower-down than the Mind likes to think we are.  You can count on that.  That’s called augmentation of reality, and the Mind excels at it.  One of the deepest traps is to trust what the Mind says at face-value.  

Even this is a story.  All of this is a story.  Reality just is.  The question is how trapped up in the stories we become.  That's the issue.  Thoughts are sticky.  

Edited by Joseph Maynor

Ego is not devil. Ego is not bad. It is also divine. Your life is exactly how it should be. Infinite god knows better! Stop judging your ego. That is why you guys will never get "Enlightened"! Because you want to escape your humanness... Stop trying to become the infinite god. You are finite version of the god with all of it's flaws and difficulties. The greatest self development is Love! Love universe and universe will love you back!

Human is finite version of the god. God is becoming human. Human can't become the infinite god! 

I am tired. Let me rest...

Edited by egoless

@egoless Do you realize that when you've experienced something, it's not easy to share it with anyone, not even here? What I recommend is, go look up different ppl, famous & not famous, who had an "experience of the no-self," and see what they have to say about it. Sometimes the message is hidden or in a metaphor or in a story, etc. They said it in a way that those who "experienced the no-self" will understand. If they say it very directly, they'll be misunderstood and criticized.

I like how Ralph from Infinite Waters puts it, "Come and find me when you're ready."

However, this is not the end, this is only half of the journey. There's miles to go.

Deal with the consequences ...

Hooman-i-need-your-help.jpg

God is love

Whoever lives in love lives in God

And God in them

@egoless  Seems you might have to change your forum pseudonym  ;)

I agree that too much is made of this so-called ego 'death' -- and the heroic spin it is given.  Yes, the dispelling of the exclusive segregated self-identity is crucial, but it is not the 'death' of an individual locus of perspective, without which this relational experience, however dreamlike it may be, wouldn't be happening. If anything, it's the 'death' of a belief. Ok, great news ! Now 'chop wood, carry water', as the zen saying goes.

Humans are cool but i prefer to be myself :)

skull_kid_by_natehallinanart-day8zxi.jpg

B R E A T H E

@snowleopard That ‘death’ part is accurate in my experience. I was at my own funeral, meeting people as me. It was really beautiful. There is an overall perspective I had that I could never get back. I agree it’s  all  beliefs, and very much chopping wood & carrying water. 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

@Nahm  Well, no doubt that insofar as the exclusive egoic identification as a body is deeply entrenched, then the dream of its death will appear very real, and utterly convincing. But ultimately that experience can't be avoided, and eventually there will be no dream of a body to return to, and likewise the curtain falls on the whole human theatre, so might as well get used to it in dress rehearsal ;)

12 hours ago, pluto said:

Humans are cool but i prefer to be myself

lol ... Oddly enough, in the weird way this imaginative mind works, your words reminded me of the opening theme of the old Looney Tunes TV show, which kind of sums up the whole cycle of the incartoonations of life and death in one minute ...