How to be wise

You will die young if you have strong life purpose, says sadhguru

31 posts in this topic

@brovakhiin yes I know that nothing exists. But let’s be a little practical and relative here. Sadhguru is a master of energy and when he says that people who have passion die young, it must mean something.

"Not believing your own thoughts, you’re free from the primal desire: the thought that reality should be different than it is. You realise the wordless, the unthinkable. You understand that any mystery is only what you yourself have created. In fact, there’s no mystery. Everything is as clear as day. It’s simple, because there really isn’t anything. There’s only the story appearing now. And not even that.” — Byron Katie

He might be right.  He might be wrong.  The question is — what do YOU think?  What is YOUR assessment, takeaway, conclusion, bit of wisdom, on this issue?

Edited by Joseph Maynor

@Joseph Maynor that learning to control your energy is essential if I’m to be passionate.

"Not believing your own thoughts, you’re free from the primal desire: the thought that reality should be different than it is. You realise the wordless, the unthinkable. You understand that any mystery is only what you yourself have created. In fact, there’s no mystery. Everything is as clear as day. It’s simple, because there really isn’t anything. There’s only the story appearing now. And not even that.” — Byron Katie

On 24/12/2017 at 11:25 PM, Serge said:

You reminded me of something I've read from Osho. He claimed that most of the people who become enlightened before they're 35 leave their body.

He justifies that as follows: before the age of 35 your bike goes uphill, after the age of 35 - downhill. If you stop pedalling before you're 35, you're bike is not going to go by itself much longer. If you stop pedalling after you're 35, your bike, by inertion, will continue pedalling a lot of time ahead.

He says that, in most of the cases, the body of a human being who is younger than 35 cannot handle the magnitude of such an event as enlightenment.

P.S. I guess Leo has to postpone his enlightenment for at least 3 years, if he doesn't want to die. 

Oh, wait...

Working with knowledge, humans are aged when the spaceship we’re on travels around our energy source of a sun. It happens 35 times and some rules are applied. Osho seemed cool but noise got in the way, as it does most people, including me and posting my nonesense.

Enlightenment is a change in perspective at its core, heavily wrapped around identity of the individual and the world the think they live in. 

On 25/12/2017 at 4:41 PM, How to be wise said:

@brovakhiin yes I know that nothing exists. But let’s be a little practical and relative here. Sadhguru is a master of energy and when he says that people who have passion die young, it must mean something.

As others have pointed, who cares what he or me say. Find out for yourself. Unless you’re looking for excuse to not folllow a passion? How would telling others not to follow theirs a benefit. A life lived with joy and passion seems like a life lived well, even if it’s short. Those that do, enjoy life, and that’s becomes even better when we’re not tied down by the beliefs of others...hence the joy of Truth and not getting in our own way to see it

Edited by Ocean

Just now, Ocean said:

As others have pointed, who cares what he or me say. Find out for yourself. Unless you’re looking for excuse to not folllow a passion? How would telling others not to follow there’s a benefit. A life lived with joy and passion seems like a life lived well, even if it’s short. Those that do, enjoy life, and that’s become even better when we’re tied down by the beliefs of others...hence the joy of Truth and not getting in own way to see it

There’s only one way of ‘finding it out for myself’ you fool.

Yes you say that a short but good life is better than a long and miserable one. True. But it’s not better than a long and good life. Sadhguru didn’t state the fact about early death for no reason. Did you read the article? He was talking about the importance of learning yoga to control your life energies. If you master your energy or ‘prana’, then you can live passionately without having to die young. 

Yoga is more important than meditation. 

27 minutes ago, How to be wise said:

There’s only one way of ‘finding it out for myself’ you fool.

Yes you say that a short but good life is better than a long and miserable one. True. But it’s not better than a long and good life. Sadhguru didn’t state the fact about early death for no reason. Did you read the article? He was talking about the importance of learning yoga to control your life energies. If you master your energy or ‘prana’, then you can live passionately without having to die young. 

Yoga is more important than meditation. 

Yoga and meditation are the same in many ways. Awareness.

Is your body old or is it young? Is this experience?

If he didn’t have a following, look like he did and therefore no credibility, would you believe him. 

There a great documentary about a guy that faked being a guru and created real changes in others. I forgot the name, if anyone can chime please do

Found it: http://www.kumaremovie.com/

Edited by Ocean

43 minutes ago, Ocean said:

Yoga and meditation are the same in many ways. Awareness.

Is your body old or is it young? Is this experience?

If he didn’t have a following, look like he did and therefore no credibility, would you believe him. 

There a great documentary about a guy that faked being a guru and created real changes in others. I forgot the name, if anyone can chime please do

Found it: http://www.kumaremovie.com/

Yoga is not about awareness. It’s about controlling your life energy. Yoga is a whole science. Whilst meditation focuses on awareness to reach enlightenment, yoga focuses on raising your energies from the base of the spine to the topmost chakra: sahasrara. Yoga is about tapping to the fullest potential of the human body and mind.

Watch these videos:

Edited by How to be wise

On 20.12.2017 at 4:27 PM, Angelo John Gage said:

Think about an intense fire that quickly burns out as it runs out of fuel, compared to one which is constantly and consistently sustained. 

Did you get that from "Blade Runner" 1998?