egoless

Entrepreneurship is not for everybody

25 posts in this topic

Leo in his new motivational video talks about the importancy of extreme ownership over your life. Becoming independent from the society, surviving, starting up your own business. But I don’t understand why Leo generalizes it so much. I’ve seen people loosing their houses and all money because of unsuccessful passionate business they started. Yes reward is amazing if you are successful but sometimes the risk is higher imho. On contrary I know some people in Finance working in huge corporations with good salary and they are enjoying their life at the fullest. @Leo Gura Yes, you can keep repeating that in the end they are delusional and we are having better piece of cake here but reality is reality. These people live at the fullest. They work hard in their corporations even if they dislike the job sometimes. But due to financial stability they are free to experience whatever cones on their mind in their free time. The way you and some other people generalize about 9-5 jobs is way too extreme and I don’t agree. Everyone is different. Plus if everything is divine in the nonduality then why do you make entrepreneurship more divine?

2 minutes ago, egoless said:

These people live at the fullest.

Those people haven't even begun to live. They are cogs in a soulless machine.

And I never said entrepreneurship is for everyone. Nothing is for everyone.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

8 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

Those people haven't even begun to live.

What about the people who lost everything because of their unsuccessful LP business? What about divinity in everything. Why can’t 9-5 job be divine if you do it consciously. 

P.S. I am not talking about myself here. I also value the freedom above everything. But me and you are INTPs it sits in our core personality. 

I understood your last video asif it was meant for everyone. Maybe I missed something - also possible. But you start the video by criticizing literally every 9-5 job. Mcdonalds, programming etc.

Edited by egoless

14 minutes ago, egoless said:

What about divinity in everything. Why can’t 9-5 job be divine if you do it consciously.

But it's not being done consciously, that's the point.

14 minutes ago, egoless said:

What about the people who lost everything because of their unsuccessful LP business?

And what about those people working in a 9-5 job who got laid off and screwed over by their company, denied a pension, and denied healthcare, then got cancer and died because they couldn't pay for it?

What about 1/3 of American who live at the poverty line and cannot afford healthy food or decent schooling for their children?

There is risk in everything.

And I never recommended going all-in (monetarily) on a new business idea. That is extremely foolish. I would never do that myself. That's not what LP is about.

Criticism of a 9-5 job isn't about the job itself, it's about the unconsciousness which typically comes with it. A person working at McDonald's is literally working in a poison factory. His job is to poison people for a living. And a programmer's job at Lockheed Martin is to kill people for a living.

@Leo Gura what if somebody, let’s say programmer or financial analyst works in the corporation of which mission and vision resonates with that person? What if they prefer to work in this organization because they see the value it provides to society? 

They bring value to people without committing high risks which are unavoidable in Entrepreneurship.

Edited by egoless

@egoless If that's what they're really passionate about and feel their purpose is, sure, no problem.

Except that's not the case 99% of the time.

5 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

@egoless If that's what they're really passionate about and feel their purpose is, sure, no problem.

Except that's not the case 99% of the time.

May mastering the skill be your LP? For example, mastering strategic thinking may be someone’s life purpose? 

Or LP means something else.

for example, what is your life purpose in one sentence?

Edited by egoless

@egoless I have a 25 hour course which explains all that.

It will save you years of beating around the bush.

This is a nuanced topic which required a giant course to properly explain.

8 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

@egoless I have a 25 hour course which explains all that.

It will save you years of beating around the bush.

This is a nuanced topic which required a giant course to properly explain.

I am going to take it soon. Currently I am very busy at studying. I want to commit to your LP course with high concentration.

do I need to first come up with skill I want to master or LP? Are those two directly linked?

Edited by egoless

@egoless the business / entrepenuerialship isn't the message - "ownership over your life" is - to cease allowing impulse and belief from dictating your experience - to find a more freer mind than one which suffers... idk the best way to say the message and frankly i don't care lol . like you said ... everyone is a little different 

leo used entrepenuerial ship to enact a passion - so inevitably it bleeds out through the message anyway ;) but you are right. entrupenuerishsiehrfp isn't for everyone :) idk if I'll do it - prolly not. we'll see tho. i've got more important things to do. mostly, getting ownership over "my life" or whatever way ya wanna say it heh

Edited by alyra

1 minute ago, alyra said:

@egoless the business / entrepenuerialship isn't the message - "ownership over your life"

leo used entrepenuerial ship to enact a passion - so inevitably it bleeds out through the message anyway ;) but you are right. entrupenuerishsiehrfp isn't for everyone :) idk if I'll do it - prolly not. we'll see tho. i've got more important things to do. mostly, getting ownership over "my life" or whatever way ya wanna say it heh

Then what exactly does it entail. It seems like LP can’t be connected with 9-5 or corporate job. 

30 minutes ago, egoless said:

Then what exactly does it entail. It seems like LP can’t be connected with 9-5 or corporate job. 

do you feel like a 9-5 or corporate job is your lp? 

26 minutes ago, alyra said:

do you feel like a 9-5 or corporate job is your lp? 

No but I don’t feel I need to have one specific LP either. I am generalist. I am an explorer. My LP could be the exploration of life. If that’s legit. I love traveling, experiencing unknown. I am going to master strategic thinking and big picture analysis. That’s what I am passionate about.

Edited by egoless

22 minutes ago, egoless said:

No but I don’t feel I need to have one specific LP either. I am generalist. I am an explorer. My LP could be the exploration of life. If that’s legit. I love traveling, experiencing unknown. I am going to master strategic thinking and big picture analysis. That’s what I am passionate about.

not everything has to be about lp. you don't have to have lp to feel fulfilled with your life. sounds to me like you enjoy exploring, being uncommited, allowing yourself to be curious. it's legit to want to explore life, travel, experience the unknown. if what's stopping you is someone else's videos about finding lp, maybe u should leave that dream behind - it ain't yours and it don't have to be. 

@alyra the thing is I don’t resonate with the idea of being locked to one thing my whole life. I think that it destroyes my freedom which I value so much. That’s why I’m telling- not everyone is the same. I value the freedom above all. I want to be free to explore this life with it’s all fascinating possibilities. However, as I told you I want to master big picture thinking and become strategy guru. I love connecting pieces to complete the grand scale picture in my head.

3 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

And a programmer's job at Lockheed Martin is to kill people for a living.

I assume you don't pay tax then. Again, although a lot of aspects of the US military is low consciousness doesn't mean it is not a necessary thing to have. Sometimes you participate in partly unconscious stuff, but still giving a net positive impact. I still don't understand what's up with this no killing of people is a about. It's so moralizing, and you even say you approve of killing for self-defense. Yes, the US kills civilians as a bi-effect, but again, that's the unconscious part of it, which also is highly subjective in the sense that, what does the universe say about killing one person to save ten or not to?

Probably wouldn't need as large military though, so in that sense it makes sense not to join, but someone's gonna do the «dirty-work» if the country is attacked or something. 

Do you eat meat BTW? Is that fine for you?

And no matter what you do, you are not free, as freedom is an illusion ultimately. If one realizes that one is just consciousness it doesn't matter where you work. But of course, it does make sense to do what is the most authentic. But for me that changes about every day.

1 minute ago, alyra said:

@Edvard   

It's just annoying to see things you disagree with presented in a very assertive way, as Leo tends to do, and my response wasn't only for him. And I won't say it was off-topic. If it was, then sorry.

yeah leo likes to be blunt what can i say. I tend to find his perspectives to help clear away the distracting stuff, but in the end it's up to me to figure things out reallly, don't matter who's doing what what way imo . i try my best to learn from every moment.