BjarkeT

How to be extremely happy?

31 posts in this topic

Hi :)

does anyone know how to be extremely happy? Some times i have seen or met people who looks like they really where happy pretty much every where you saw them even if something difficult would happen i am aware that there is something called being optimistic but is that really it? 

(They where able to do it without anything external while being authentic)

Edited by BjarkeT

But as i said they still mange (or some did) to be happy in difficult situations and I don't think anyone can escape suffering in long term yet they seemed to be happy through a whole year and likely to be that before and probably also after even if they got emotionally hurt in a way that made them cry they where still just as happy after some time(i am not saying they don't fell pain but that they mange to stay happy even if they experience pain or after the pain almost 24/7 probably an exaggeration but that what it looked like and it seemed authentic)

Edited by BjarkeT

@BjarkeT They can. Suffering is only caused by believing untrue thoughts, they all incorrect, when you disbelieve them, what is left is eternal happiness.

What if  my mother died, would I be happy? You wouldnt be happy that she died, but you would be indefferent to it, and continue to be happy.

When you stop seeking to be happy and just accept the present moment.

Super counter-intuitive, and that's why 99.99% of people aren't happy.

God is love

Whoever lives in love lives in God

And God in them

18 minutes ago, Ether said:

@BjarkeT They can. Suffering is only caused by believing untrue thoughts, they all incorrect, when you disbelieve them, what is left is eternal happiness.

What if  my mother died, would I be happy? You wouldnt be happy that she died, but you would be indefferent to it, and continue to be happy.

What do you mean by they can? I said I didn't think they couldn't experience pain but that they was able to be happy even if they experience pain i am not talking about just anyone just those i have personally met or been with in the same location

Edited by BjarkeT

@BjarkeT Im not sure how suffering works in happiness. I think you can be peaceful while having negative emotions. Im not sure, but i do know that happiness is the absence of suffering, soo it would be conterintuitave saying you can feel suffering while being happy. Im not sure.

1 minute ago, AleksM said:

@BjarkeT

I don't mean to be rude and i hope you don't take it the wrong way but do you know if there is any evidence behind it?  Or some where you can read it where it goes into more details about it? Would be really awesome :)

@AleksM @BjarkeT Those things dont actually make you happy. They might give you a temporary sense of pleasure but thats it. Its short. It never lasts. If it lasted everyone would be happy. No its not because you dont have it enough and thats why you are not happy, its because it doesnt actually have the power to end ones suffering, which are thoughts. Only you can.

@Ether

I was just sharing some ideas, of course there is more to it. ;) 

Enlightenment is of course the best to end suffering, but most people need more practical advice. Enlightenment takes years.

Confirm your beliefs with personal experience.

@AleksM Thinking enlightnment takes year is an invisible year in itself. It stops you from pursuing enlightnment. YOU HAVE ZERO IDEA how much time it will take. Why? Because you dont know the future. I know someone who took 3 months. What about him?

@Ether

That was a generalization. There are always exceptions to the case, but you don't want to base your life on exceptions.

@AleksM <And you dont want to base your life on generalizations eitheir. They both make you suffer. Both are not true (in relation to your life)

1 minute ago, cirkussmile said:

Don't strive for happiness!

Happiness is so shallow compared to what you are

Why not? You could still have multiple goals both good