Viking

What can I do to affect my parents' life positively?

7 posts in this topic

At first glance and in my parents' perspective (I think) it seems like my parents are having an alright life, more or less financially stable, more or less happy, but it's very "shaky". I notice my mom being regularly anxious about everything and my dad having anger issues. They're drinking every week, and while I dont judge them for doing so, I feel like their life could be much better than it currently is. I cant help but want to do something to improve it at least by a little bit.

I dont try to convince them of meditating or doing anything, but I do talk about it sometimes just so they know that it exists.

They are pretty closed minded and judgmental about me meditating. Lol if they would know what I read about I think they would send me to an insane asylum.

nontheless, is there something I could do to make them less anxious or angry? maybe casually talk about some stuff they might not know about and might help them? maybe doing nothing at all and letting them see how I grow, which will motivate them somehow (thought I dont think it will work, they believe in people with "talent", they are not really the growth mindset type).

thanks

p.s. I focus on helping them currently and not really "the world" because im a very isolated person and they're mainly the only people I interact with. Also Im doing the life purpose course so im getting "the world" handled. Also from my current paradigm family is more important than other people, I cant lie to myself.

You can't do anything, that really sucks but that just how it is. All you can do is work on yourself so that one day they will see the value in what you have achieved.

@Ilya use this perspective as motivation to meditate everyday. At some point, you will be free. They won’t be able to be around you without trying to deduce how it is that you are so liberated. Eventually, they’ll start meditating. 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

Don't help them.

Instead, kill them in your mind so they don't bother you anymore.

Then real love can happen.

Love is not when you try to change people, I think.

You cant change them, they have to be themselfs changing. Can make a horse go wheres water, but cant make it drink it.

@Soulbass @Ether I didnt even mention change. I asked how can I affect my parents for the better. I love them as they are, I just want some tips on how to make their lives better.