abrakamowse

Is Pure Awareness possible?

14 posts in this topic

I just want to know opinions.

There's some people that think that pure awareness cannot exist, because awareness will always need experience to know itself. So, they conclude that experience and awareness are different words for the same thing. So they say experience is self aware. And you are experience!

Can awareness know itself without experience? Is experience and awareness the same thing?

What do you think? I would like to know different opinions. Not because I don't have one, but to go deeper into this point.

Thanks for participating!!!

:-)

Don’t you realize that all of you together are the temple of God and that the Spirit of God lives in you?
1 Corinthians 3:16

@AleksM Ok, thanks! I will read it!!!

I am doing your exercises about focusing on the breathing. Very interesting indeed. I will post something on your thread so we don't go off topic on this one.

Thanks again!

Don’t you realize that all of you together are the temple of God and that the Spirit of God lives in you?

@abrakamowse BTW: great questions. Not ready to give a definite answer because my subconscious needs to process it in the background so I will reply when the right time comes.

I don't know why but currently this comes to mind.

1 hour ago, abrakamowse said:

Can awareness know itself without experience?

Are you gone when you sleep?

They want reality, so I give 'em a fatal dosage.

7 minutes ago, Azrael said:

Are you gone when you sleep?

That's what I told them, I am aware of deep sleep. But they say that when you go to sleep awareness continues. You fall asleep and then you wake up. There's a continuity in awareness. So they conclude that awareness without experience is not possible.

And I know it is.

This is my take, Awareness is just a word for WHAT IS. The problem is that awareness implies that there must be something to be aware. And that's not the case, because we know awareness doesn't need anything.

I know that Awareness is prior to everything, because I had an experience of nothingness. I lost reference of everything, it was completely black but there was no sensations, no perceptions, it was just me without any memory. 

When I began to wake up, the ego got crazy, and the character (what I think I am) was in shock. Couldn't think well, etc... but I was aware of everything.

And that's awareness. I was aware too that there was no experiences at that moment.

The state of "being aware" is a state where you become awareness itself. Being aware of something  is something else.

You are aware of nothing, but not like object and subject. You become the experience of being aware, but you can't possibly label it bacause you are aware of absolute nothingness.

Try to shift your attention to an object for one minute. Then shift your attention to the experience of being aware. And see what happens. This is one of Rupert Spira's excersises. 

The art is to look without looking 

@Vitamine Water Thanks for that, I will definitely try that exercise!

12 hours ago, abrakamowse said:

So they conclude that awareness without experience is not possible.

You make it into this difficult question by putting it into a question with very big words in very complex relations. Awareness and experience are completely basic to everything you know. They are basic to a young kid that can't talk and think. So as long as you cannot answer these questions on the level the young kid can, you will never get at it.

A very interesting mindfuck you'll have down the road is the following: Spirituality  is not spiritual. Spirituality is completely basic. So keep it that way, otherwise you are not concerned with it any more.

They want reality, so I give 'em a fatal dosage.

2 hours ago, Azrael said:

A very interesting mindfuck you'll have down the road is the following: Spirituality  is not spiritual. Spirituality is completely basic. So keep it that way, otherwise you are not concerned with it any more.

To all the people who think all day long about enlightenment, make this sentence your wallpaper.

Hopefully one day it will click.

God is love

Whoever lives in love lives in God

And God in them

14 hours ago, abrakamowse said:

That's what I told them, I am aware of deep sleep. But they say that when you go to sleep awareness continues. You fall asleep and then you wake up. There's a continuity in awareness. So they conclude that awareness without experience is not possible.

And I know it is.

Use it to experience it. Set a solid intention before going to sleep. Write it on the wall. Look at it. Feel it. 

Report back when you awake the ‘next day’, if you’re willing to play. ?

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

Thanks guys for the comments! I was just curious. Maybe I am wrong but I feel that what IS is more than awareness or experience or anything.

We have to be open and reject any ideas to see it, and if we attach to certain idea then we won't be able to see it.

Thanks again!!!!