kieranperez

How Can I Trust My Intuition?

6 posts in this topic

I'm having a really hard time trusting my intuition right now in terms of goals I'm trying to set as well as make sense of what I truly want to pursue and unleash my ambition towards. This is in the context of my sport as an elite/sub-elite middle/long-distance runner. 

I've just always had such a hard time really coming to terms with my intuition and if my intuition is something I can really trust. To be more specific as to my concern, how do I know my intuition isn't just some "in the moment desire"? For example, I may receive this intuitive desire to go pursue some new ambitious goal of some sort and then I commit to it. However, I've often run into a repeated problem where in the middle of my pursuit I get another intuition to go in an entirely different direction. Which leads me to losing all my desire to what I was originally pursuing and I was motivated to achieve and thus drop that goal for something else. Which becomes a repeating cycle which now has me so uncertain as to knowing what the hell I really want and not knowing how I can be sure if this desire is something I will want as time goes on as I pursue it.

Could really use some help on this matter.

@kieranperez A different approach might be helpful...  try a chalkpaint wall or dry erase board,write all the things you want to pursue, as the inspirations come. In a month or a few, you’ll see it all really clearly. You can organize it by how each feels much easier when you’re looking at it. 

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

the voice of your intuition is always there. it's just very silent compared to everything you surround yourself with. we're so overstimulated in today's western society. I found that by reducing those external stimuli (Leo's video Lifestyle Minimalism should help you there), the silence expands and the inner voice of intuition becomes louder. it's more of a feeling, not really words. ask yourself: when you think about something, imagine a scenario. how do you feel then? how does your body feel? what emotions arise? that's how you know.

psychedelics also invited me to ask myself what life is actually about. the made me reconsider my values! 

good luck on your journey <3

whatever arises, love that

I actually the one who thinks that intuition might be misleading. From my experience intuition is leading in wrong ways. I have tested it in some serious situations. And if I need to get some knowledge or to decide some business/career options I rather use serious contemplation/meditation and even breathing techniques to reach a different state. So I don't trust my intuition almost at all, I find focus/contemplation are better ways to get insights. And I found that Sadhguru also thinks that intuition might be misleading :) So I would be careful to trust your intuition.

http://isha.sadhguru.org/blog/yoga-meditation/demystifying-yoga/cant-always-trust-gut-feeling/