Faceless

What is consciousness?

38 posts in this topic

5 hours ago, egoless said:

You can't point to mind, but you can point to your brain. Yes you may say it is appearance but anyways you can point to it. What's the next step?

If you can feel it or see it, then you're not it.

It's really that simple.

Edited by Shin

God is love

Whoever lives in love lives in God

And God in them

Eh none of these posts answer. Really tho you can’t answer. You can guide you can clear things up, remove distraction, but you can never really understand consciousness. In understanding you have introduced belief. In experiencing you also have found yours in an “explanation” of existence and are in the realm of belief. Some think removing thoughts and finding experience is a great way towards finding consciousness, sounds reasonable. But when you’re looking for consciousness can you really trust reason? 

Everything is consciousness really. But that sure doesn’t explain it, does it? What a useless answer!

what is consciousness? Consciousness is a belief!

Edited by alyra
Misspelling

5 hours ago, Shin said:

If you can feel it or see it, then you're not it.

It's really that simple.

Good one. But why can't you see yourself? Why do you make that assumption?

1 hour ago, Shiva said:

If you see yourself, who is conscious of the seeing?

You can see yourself. You can even see yourself seeing yourself. And you can see yourself seeing yourself seeing yourself xD

These are loops within loops within loops within consciousness.

But consciousness is the enabler of all this. That which is conscious of the seeing.

It seems like we are inventing rules. Why we assume that you can't be self aware? Let's say if we are brain indeed than why can't brain see itself through eye channel which is connected to that brain - you.

12 minutes ago, egoless said:

It seems like we are inventing rules. Why we assume that you can't be self aware? Let's say if we are brain indeed than why can't brain see itself through eye channel which is connected to that brain - you.

You CAN be self aware, of course you can that's what you practice during your meditation or when you practice presence of your thoughts during the day.

You just can't locate it, because there isn't a location for it, it's both everywhere and nowhere.

When you really really REALLY get that, not just some vague feeling, then you have an awakening.

Edited by Shin

God is love

And God in them

3 minutes ago, Shin said:

You CAN be self aware, of course you can that's what you practice during your meditation or when you practice presence of your thoughts during the day.

You just can't locate it, because there isn't a location for it, it's both everywhere and nowhere.

What makes you sure that it is not self induced feeling over time amd you are not brain after all?

5 minutes ago, egoless said:

What makes you sure that it is not self induced feeling over time amd you are not brain after all?

Because I had samadhis where I wasn't "Shin" anymore (never took any psychedelic).

So it really doesn't make any sense that I could be the brain.

Edited by Shin

God is love

And God in them

1 minute ago, Shiva said:

We don't assume that you cannot be self-aware. You can be self-aware, of course.

But who exactly is aware of who then? What is that "you" that is aware? And of what is it aware?

Are there multiple personas within you? xD

Guys. I know what you are talking about and yes I've experienced no self. But I offer you to further criticize our experiences. If we want to be open minded enough we should always assume that there are infinite pitfalls.

2 minutes ago, Shin said:

Because I had samadhis where I wasn't "Shin" anymore (never took any psychedelic).

So it really doesn't make any sense that I could be the brain.

What if this experience of samadhi is another hormone interaction in the brain? How are you sure that it is not? That's what I'm asking here...

18 minutes ago, egoless said:

What if this experience of samadhi is another hormone interaction in the brain? How are you sure that it is not? That's what I'm asking here...

It could be the case.

I don't see the point to think like that personally, I just see that life becomes more and more enjoyable, fun and beautiful, that's enough to makes me think it's no bullshit (at least for now).

Even if it was bullshit, if we follow the logic of the path, that would mean there is something even better after this fake enlightenment paradigm !

Super Enlightenment 2 !!!

IzBjagG.png

Edited by Shin

God is love

And God in them

45 minutes ago, sweater said:

@Faceless What is consciousness? Consciousness

Is my answer correct tho?

well, by the inherent limits of language you are correct :D  but I suppose it's more "accurate" to say that consiousness is a meaning that helps point to what consiousness points to.

@egoless you may say you are hormones in a brain but then I respond I am a flea on a ball of stone and infinity says that everything is nothing - er, well, except infinity has no care to bother saying, it's infinite, lol!

edit: @sweater oh thank you :o I'm glad my words could be helpful.

Edited by alyra

idk I like to think experience is helpful, to guide us towards awareness. how could we discover awareness without experience? in a way I wonder, if experience is nothing more than a way for infinity to contain everything. lol - and awareness is existence itself, perhaps. but who knows, that's probably just belief. 100%

1 hour ago, alyra said:

idk I like to think experience is helpful, to guide us towards awareness. how could we discover awareness without experience? in a way I wonder, if experience is nothing more than a way for infinity to contain everything. lol - and awareness is existence itself, perhaps. but who knows, that's probably just belief. 100%

If you became aware of awareness, what would you have become aware of?

MEDITATIONS TOOLS  ActualityOfBeing.com  GUIDANCE SESSIONS

NONDUALITY LOA  My Youtube Channel  THE TRUE NATURE

55 minutes ago, Nahm said:

If you became aware of awareness, what would you have become aware of?

To become aware of awareness is equivalent to realizing you weren’t paying attention.

i guess, lol, idk...

If we were to go about this rationally, logically, we would need to remain with facts. What is actually happening within the realm of conciousness? Not any speculation, theory’s, presuppositions and so on. I mean all one would have to do is be observant of all whole psychological movment of man. Psychological characteristics, idiosyncrasies, conclusions, beliefs,and all of the other constituents of thought/mind/ the self

This is why it’s seems reasonable to say that the content of the mind thought/knowledge/memory/experience/the Me and U is the conscious of man.

When a question like this arises it’s interesting to observe how we take a fact “what is” and make it into an abstraction. 

Any way this a practical, simple, way to look at the consciousness of man/woman. 

What do u guys think? 

@alyra not hormones but whole system. Brain makes you you. It will be interesting to finally see brain transplantation surgery done. It is interesting if the person will transfer to another body. This will answer many questions we have right now.