Addy

Do you want Awakening? Well how about right now? :-)

24 posts in this topic

Hey Guys,

I was thinking A LOT whether to share this or not, but in the end I can't NOT try to share this. If THIS community can't hear this message, then none will. So please, keep an open mind. If this is a bit longer post, I'm sorry, but you don't have to read it ;-).

The thing is, that I wanted to get enlightened or awakening or whatever you call it, because I've heard about it from Leo. It is amazing isn't it? And I'd been a "seeker" since that time (almost a year ago). I was amazed by how intriguing the idea was, that the self does not exist, etc. It is plain mind blowing and my mind was blown away and still is. I had started doing some self inquiry work, and meditation, but somehow, I couldn't make it stick, so I didn't make a habit of any of those, I've done them couple of times, 20min/day meditation for a month, but that's about it for my actual practice.

About 2 weeks ago, I've decided, that after all this slacking, it is time to commit myself to the spiritual path, so I've been going through the Leo's book list, to find some books to order and listening to his reviews. Among others, I've stumbled upon his recommendation for "The Book of Undoing" by Fred Davis, in the review he said that he had a session with this guy and he's the real deal, so I've looked him up on Google and found his website Awakening Clarity Now. And on the website he claims that he can wake you up today, in one session. I thought that it is completely outrageous, that it is much more complicated than that, but I thought what the hell, if he's enlightened, he probably knows better than I do. I've checked out couple of videos on his YouTube channel, he seemed valid and decided to go for an awakening course, which he offers on his website as an alternative to a much more expensive one-on-one session.

So long story short, I've had an awakening after the second video of this course (each video is 2 hours long). Before and during watching it, I was constantly afraid and nervous that it won't work, but this guy "could wake up a rock" :-D.

So why am I telling you this? You don't need years of meditation and self inquiry to wake up. Not that any of that stuff is bad, not at all (it is even more useful post-awakening), but as long as you plan on getting awakened in the future, it is just a story and will not happen. This guy I'm talking about have already woken up HUNDREDS of people, and I'm really not overestimating. His method is the ultimate no-bullshit direct approach, with real results. Are you asking, why he is not widely known? Because he is not the mainstream convenient thing? Because people seek for the sake of seeking and not for ACTUALLY finding the truth? I really don't know.

As far as you're concerned, I could be making all this up, right? Or just pitching his teachings or whatever, doubt is a good thing. But if you can doubt this thing, are you wise enough to doubt your own assumptions about what should enlightenment be like?

If you really are into this enlightenment thing, and mean it REALLY seriously, consider checking this guy out. Can't hurt ya can it? :-)

Alright, I'm out of here, I did my best to convey this message, can't say I didn't try.

Love you all,

Adam

Hey Adam

I have found Fred through Leo's book review too.

I've almost bought the awakening course but I was skeptical because everybody is telling the opposite (enlightenment is a long gradual process...). I mean is it even possible to become enlightened in a couple of hours?

Could you tell us more about your experience? 

I would really love to hear what Leo is thinking about this. Since he've met Fred.

Hello Kai,

it depends on the terminology. What Fred offers is experiencing your true nature. If you watch the course or have a session with him, you will almost surely have a "look" at your true nature, thus you will see clearly, that the personality, ego is not real at all, that it is just an idea (First he makes you see what you're not and then in this created "space" he points you to your right-now-right-here experience to notice what you really are).

Now this "seeing" usually doesn't stick, it have for a very very small percentage of people in history. The fact that you have seen your true nature, doesn't make your conditioning, ego, disappear. After this "awakening", there follows what Fred calls a "clearing" process, which is basically the process of dismantling your ego/conditioning over time, so you can function as the truth not as the ego.

Because after having this awakening, the moment you "leave your room", the conditioning usually kicks in (the triggers are literally everywhere, considering how we live our life up to this point) and you again begin to identify with your body. After the initial awakening happens there is what he calls an "oscillation", which simply means oscillating between being as truth and living as ego. What could be called enlightenment is the point, when your seeing is "stable" so you don't oscillate anymore. The conditioning is always there to some degree, what makes the enlightened guy enlightened is the fact, that his experience doesn't switch between the ego and the truth but rather is "fixated" on the truth. This process usually takes couple of years.

So that's where the practice comes in really handy, all the exercises and self inquiry, questioning your beliefs and everything. It can be useful in pre-awakening as well of course, but when you are functioning only from your ego all the time, there is a really good chance, that you are just chasing your own tail. Post-awakening you have a little bit more judgement.

Now this post is not meant to represent truth in any manner, the language is not very sharp and may be contradictory, I was just trying to express this in a useful manner for you, so it can hold any practical value. If you want sharp language and as-close-as-possible descriptions of these things, Fred is your man :).

You have to decide yourself whether to invest in it or not, but I tell you, he is the real deal, he wakes people up every day, and the money it will cost you is really well worth it ;).

Being skeptical is good, I was skeptical as well, but I noticed that more than that I was really afraid that it might actually work :D, that's why I gave it a shot in the end.

Hope this helps,

Adam

Edited by Addy

8 hours ago, Jasper said:

I'd really like to have Leo's opinion on this..

Just go to youtube and check him out! You will see for yourself. Everyone has something to sell! Even Leo! 

Could i get a direct link to the video you watched? In case i select a wrong video on Youtube its not a problem i could watch them all but a shortcut would be useful :) Thanks.

He can " wake you up". Different people understand that term differently. After waking up you still have to mount the ox and ride the ox home and that takes practice

I had an awakening 9 weeks ago after reading the book gateless gatecrashers, were i 'seen' that there was no self, and that is my experience since then nobody controlling thoughts or the body. its not enlightenment proper though as even though i experience no self, there is still separation between everything, its not non duality. adam is this seeing you had, seeing no self, seeing no separation or both??

thanks

Alan

1 hour ago, Nick Luciferious said:

Could i get a direct link to the video you watched? In case i select a wrong video on Youtube its not a problem i could watch them all but a shortcut would be useful :) Thanks.

It is not on YouTube, it's this course: http://awakeningclaritynow.com/new-the-living-method-of-awakening-self-realization-course-on-video/

If you can't afford it just watch any of his stuff on youtube, all he has there is very clear and to the point and apparently some people are waking up watching just his videos over there.

1 hour ago, bobbyward said:

I had an awakening 9 weeks ago after reading the book gateless gatecrashers, were i 'seen' that there was no self, and that is my experience since then nobody controlling thoughts or the body. its not enlightenment proper though as even though i experience no self, there is still separation between everything, its not non duality. adam is this seeing you had, seeing no self, seeing no separation or both??

thanks

Alan

From what you're saying it sounds like what Fred calls a witness stage, last and highest stage of duality, that you see that there is no self, but you are still witnessing it from the body, was it like that? If so, nice job my friend, that is the real deal, it is only question of time.

Once you see that there is no self, it is only a "step away" to "seeing" that there is no separation, it is all very subtle and always there, that's why it's hard to notice. The step we're talking about is when you stop identifying with the body, that's when you realize, that there actually never was any separation and "experience" oneness. But you don't really do anything, you just notice it, it was always there, everywhere.

The experience itself is often misleading, what matters the most is being awake right here right now.

After having the initial awakening, the tricky part is not to fall immediately back to misidentification. And I recommend Fred's youtube channel, his videos are meant just for that, to clear you up and "see" it again.

Hope it helps,

Adam

i dont know if i am at the witness stage but i can clearly see that there is nobody here, but it does seem like there is a witnessing of everything thats going on, yes and like you said identifying with the body and conditioning is still there after seeing, but it takes time to fall away so i have been told. that book i read gateless gatecrashers is about getting you to look and see through the self, when i read the book i was thinking there is no way in hell this can work its too simple, and around page 80 i noticed that my experience had changed, and i was experiencing no self, it really is just a seeing that can happen in a flash. 

do you think seeing no separation can be seen in a flash like seeing no self, or that you need to disidentify with the body and conditioning first ?

i was doing self inquiry intensely before i seen no self, after seeing no self i have no interest in doing it anymore. im trying to work on seeing no separation, dissolving conditioning and disidentifying with the body. i have been doing yoga meditations by rupert spira the last 6 weeks and find them very good, they are for after you have an awakening to help you embody your awakening or to disidentify you with the body, theres example of them on youtube and he has lots on his website. he says about 10per cent of being a separate self is in thoughts and about 90per cent is in the body(feelings).

One word about Fred - FURTHER.
Just listen to the guys voice, you can hear in someones voice all the tension that comes from the ego.
You can tell Fred is deluded and there is deeper one can go.

Having said that - he is amazing at giving people an awakening experience.

This is the first step, then resting as this experience along with consciousness is the path.

What fred is great for is releasing you from feeling like you are your body mind and experiancing what consciousness is.
Although there is further he's the best in the world i've come across to do this part and it really is an amazing experiance.

Him along with Jed Mckennas spiritual enlightenment the damndest thing are like atom bombs for the ego and the need to be seeking and constantly feel like you are going somewhere.

A huge block for spiritual practice of any kind is feeling like you are going somewhere with a goal to achieve. Anything that gets rid of this is helpful on the journey, fred included.

Practice is also helpful for going deeper though.

Hold both paradoxs in your head.
Meditatite, do inquiry, consciousness work.
And don't think it's going anywhere at the same time (even if it is).

Fred Davis is helpful for the secound one but don't do what he's done and stagnate at that level and giving up on practicing entirely.

Anyway he claims to be into non-duality.

YOU MUST PRACTICE is a duality
YOU MUST NEVER PRACTICE - STOP TRYING TO GO ANYWHERE is a duality.

He claims the second one which is a partial truth.
A lot of teachers claim the first one which is a partial truth and a trap.

Hold both. 

If you don't believe there is further adyashantis programming from awakening to liberation talks about 3 gateless gates. Fred is good at getting a taste of the first.

Not that I know any of this shit. I'm even less enlightened than fred and haven't 'woken hundreds of people up'
 which he claims (he really does wake people up, just realize there is more awakeness that fred doesn't provide). But him and Jed are useful tools

On 2/7/2016 at 2:56 AM, Addy said:

Hey Guys,

I was thinking A LOT whether to share this or not, but in the end I can't NOT try to share this. If THIS community can't hear this message, then none will. So please, keep an open mind. If this is a bit longer post, I'm sorry, but you don't have to read it ;-).

The thing is, that I wanted to get enlightened or awakening or whatever you call it, because I've heard about it from Leo. It is amazing isn't it? And I'd been a "seeker" since that time (almost a year ago). I was amazed by how intriguing the idea was, that the self does not exist, etc. It is plain mind blowing and my mind was blown away and still is. I had started doing some self inquiry work, and meditation, but somehow, I couldn't make it stick, so I didn't make a habit of any of those, I've done them couple of times, 20min/day meditation for a month, but that's about it for my actual practice.

About 2 weeks ago, I've decided, that after all this slacking, it is time to commit myself to the spiritual path, so I've been going through the Leo's book list, to find some books to order and listening to his reviews. Among others, I've stumbled upon his recommendation for "The Book of Undoing" by Fred Davis, in the review he said that he had a session with this guy and he's the real deal, so I've looked him up on Google and found his website Awakening Clarity Now. And on the website he claims that he can wake you up today, in one session. I thought that it is completely outrageous, that it is much more complicated than that, but I thought what the hell, if he's enlightened, he probably knows better than I do. I've checked out couple of videos on his YouTube channel, he seemed valid and decided to go for an awakening course, which he offers on his website as an alternative to a much more expensive one-on-one session.

So long story short, I've had an awakening after the second video of this course (each video is 2 hours long). Before and during watching it, I was constantly afraid and nervous that it won't work, but this guy "could wake up a rock" :-D.

So why am I telling you this? You don't need years of meditation and self inquiry to wake up. Not that any of that stuff is bad, not at all (it is even more useful post-awakening), but as long as you plan on getting awakened in the future, it is just a story and will not happen. This guy I'm talking about have already woken up HUNDREDS of people, and I'm really not overestimating. His method is the ultimate no-bullshit direct approach, with real results. Are you asking, why he is not widely known? Because he is not the mainstream convenient thing? Because people seek for the sake of seeking and not for ACTUALLY finding the truth? I really don't know.

As far as you're concerned, I could be making all this up, right? Or just pitching his teachings or whatever, doubt is a good thing. But if you can doubt this thing, are you wise enough to doubt your own assumptions about what should enlightenment be like?

If you really are into this enlightenment thing, and mean it REALLY seriously, consider checking this guy out. Can't hurt ya can it? :-)

Alright, I'm out of here, I did my best to convey this message, can't say I didn't try.

Love you all,

Adam

I've tried it. It was good but didn't wake me up. But then again, I'm a stubborn egotistical bastard.

The reality is that people can make you all sorts of spiritual promises. I've tried many different enlightenment methods that promised near-instant results or to save me years of time. And the reality is that people awaken differently. Sometimes a person can wake up in just 90 minutes or one weekend. But this is rare. If it was that easy, everyone would be freaking enlightened. And almost no one is.

The reality is much more complex and messy. If you seek permanent non-dual awareness -- which is what I care about -- then you will NOT get it without massive work unless you happen to be extremely lucky.

Having a single awakening experience don't mean shit. That's just the tip of the iceberg.

When I speak about enlightenment my goal is not to just have some single experience. My goal is the total elimination of every last vestige of ego. And that takes some serious work.

If you can get the job done in one weekend, go for it! Try whatever you think will work best.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

6 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

I've tried it. It was good but didn't wake me up. But then again, I'm a stubborn egotistical bastard.

The reality is that people can make you all sorts of spiritual promises. I've tried many different enlightenment methods that promised near-instant results or to save me years of time. And the reality is that people awaken differently. Sometimes a person can wake up in just 90 minutes or one weekend. But this is rare. If it was that easy, everyone would be freaking enlightened. And almost no one is.

The reality is much more complex and messy. If you seek permanent non-dual awareness -- which is what I care about -- then you will NOT get it without massive work unless you happen to be extremely lucky.

Having a single awakening experience don't mean shit. That's just the tip of the iceberg.

When I speak about enlightenment my goal is not to just have some single experience. My goal is the total elimination of every last vestige of ego. And that takes some serious work.

If you can get the job done in one weekend, go for it! Try whatever you think will work best.

This is what I meant. You have to ride the ox, realization is just seeing the ox's tale.

If you want any significant/long lasting change in consciousness don't expect to invert your entire lifes crystallization of ego by watching a video. These kind of things are fantastic eye openers but it frustrates me a little when I see something as sacred as a spiritual awakening in the form of a packaged product.

On 2/7/2016 at 2:26 PM, Addy said:

Hey Guys,

I was thinking A LOT whether to share this or not, but in the end I can't NOT try to share this. If THIS community can't hear this message, then none will. So please, keep an open mind. ........................

Love you all,

Adam

Hi

Why you hesitated to share such an important  information? 

1 hour ago, Leo Gura said:

My goal is the total elimination of every last vestige of ego. And that takes some serious work.

It actually doesn't take much work. Go jump out of a window (high enough) and the ego will be completely gone for ever after a few seconds.

Joking aside (it's actually not a joke though lol) it sure does take som serious work to get rid of the ego while still being consciousness.

I don't think it's possible in everyday life to completely get rid of the ego while still being  consciousness. Yes it's possible during meditation. But during everyday life if you are consciousness without having the sense of being an ego, then you wouldn't react when a person says "Leo!". Right?

So you can't completely get rid of the ego during everyday life - that's totally impossible.

You can supress it to some extent of course. I guess.

But what I think your goal truly is, is not to eliminate the ego completely (as that's impossible during everyday life, but possible during meditation of course) but rather to get a very deep, true, intellectual understanding of the ego (your self). In other words, your goal is to get your ego (your self) to fully realize it's an illusion during everyday life. To always have the sense/understanding/awareness of knowing that the ego/the personality is an illusion, and that your true self is not the ego, but rather everything/nothing/the universe it self.

Edited by WaveInTheOcean

Can you bite your own teeth?  --  “What a caterpillar calls the end of the world we call a butterfly.

On 2/7/2016 at 5:56 AM, Addy said:

Could you elaborate on this? I watched the second video up until the part where he assumed the viewer was awake. I clearly did not awaken. Did you awaken during the story, or even later in the video? Or did the awakening happen some time after watching the video?

During his little story exercise, I just got cross-eyed for about 30 seconds, with shorts fits of laughter. Mostly I thought "is it happening? Shit, is it happening or not?!" And it went away, if it even happened in the first place.

@Addy Dude thanks for the tip! Never heard of him but Fred has a book on Kindle Unlimited "The Book of Undoing" I'm going to start reading tonight! I doubt I'll be waking up tonight but every little bit helps, I appreciate the recommendation and your thoughts on it.

And I agree with Leo up there "If it was that easy, everyone would be freaking enlightened. And almost no one is." 

reading a book now called '' refuting the external world ''. breaking down the nature of reality its very good