Ether

Is It Necessary To Meditate Longer And Longer To Get A Silent Mind?

15 posts in this topic

Soo yesterday, i meditated for 35 minutes, slowed down mind activity down to 20\10%. Today i meditated the same time (morning and afternon) and no silent mind. If i keep meditating 35 minutes i might get a silent mind soon or is it necessary to meditate even more minutes?

Thank you

@Ether

The more you connect to the inner silence of your True Self, the more your mind Will surrender to it, but you need to become more and more familiar with this inner silence. Then after you get more familiar with it, increase the amount of time you hold this inner silence. After you finish meditating, keep on expanding this inner silence that you got familiar with in sitting meditation trought the whole day.

Listen to alfa and theta brainwaves a few times per week to dive deeper and connect more easily with this silence.

The True Self works trough you and as you only in pure silence.

@AleksM And how do i connect to this silence? Everyday i have mindfulness, ii just focus on my breath, and experience silence for like 2\3 seconds. How do i expand it?

2 hours ago, Ether said:

Soo yesterday, i meditated for 35 minutes, slowed down mind activity down to 20\10%. Today i meditated the same time (morning and afternon) and no silent mind. If i keep meditating 35 minutes i might get a silent mind soon or is it necessary to meditate even more minutes?

Thank you

Meditate 2 hours for 6 months, then meditation will be your natural state of experiencing life.

@Ether  And how do i connect to this silence? Everyday i have mindfulness, ii just focus on my breath, and experience silence for like 2\3 seconds. How do i expand it?

By watching your thoughts without judgment, and if you do, watch your judgment without judgment ...
The mind tends to become quiet when you are aware of it.

God is love

Whoever lives in love lives in God

And God in them

are you saying that I have access to true self only through inner silence?......I intended to quote alex but messed up.

Edited by mrhognuts

4 hours ago, mrhognuts said:

are you saying that I have access to true self only through inner silence?......I intended to quote alex but messed up.

Yes, the true self shine more and more through silence.

The only thing there is to do is to let it happen through silence and being (it's already fully there, it's just clouded by thoughts and beliefs).
When we say silence, we mean being the watcher behind the thoughts which is aware of every perceptions (thoughts are perceptions too).
Being is just being conscious whatever you do, especially when you do nothing at all, like just sitting in a park or a field/forest and just, well being xD 

God is love

And God in them

@Ether Try adding 5 minutes every 1/2 weeks untill you reach a level where the amount of time you sit doesn't matter anymore. 

And it's not about time, it's about the quality of your meditation. A 35 minute session could be better then 2 hours of sloppy meditation. 

The art is to look without looking 

42 minutes ago, Shin said:

Yes, the true self shine more and more through silence.

The only thing there is to do is to let it happen through silence and being (it's already fully there, it's just clouded by thoughts and beliefs).
When we say silence, we mean being the watcher behind the thoughts which is aware of every perceptions (thoughts are perceptions too).
Being is just being conscious whatever you do, especially when you do nothing at all, like just sitting in a park or a field/forest and just, well being xD been practicing mindfulness,watchin thoughts,and tryin to stay present,for about a year,without much formal meditation. will that get it done?...I already feel like a different person... when I get around people ( most everybody) who are in their head all I wanna do is get the hell away from em.lol...

1 hour ago, Ether said:

@Vitamine Water i always check how much time is left

You don't want to be waiting for it to end like it's some sacrifice you have to make. If 30 minutes feels too long do 10 minutes. Baby step it. I say forget about the time for now, it's just a side factor. The most important thing is to learn to enjoy just being and getting familiar with it. Soon you will enjoy it so much you look forward for your daily meditation and continue even after the alarm rings because it feels so good.

3 hours ago, mrhognuts said:

been practicing mindfulness,watchin thoughts,and tryin to stay present,for about a year,without much formal meditation. will that get it done?...I already feel like a different person... when I get around people ( most everybody) who are in their head all I wanna do is get the hell away from em.lol...

You still need to sit to do your meditation, it's still a huge boost to your consciousness.

Why do you want to get away from people ? How do you even know they all are in their head ?

Edited by Shin

God is love

And God in them

On 12-11-2017 at 4:35 PM, Ether said:

Is It Necessary To Meditate Longer And Longer To Get A Silent Mind?

Is it necessary to keep your eyes open longer and longer to not be blind?

Easy choices, hard life. Hard choices, easy life.

51 minutes ago, Shin said:

You still need to sit to do your meditation, it's still a huge boost to your consciousness.

Why do you want to get away from people ? How do you even know they all are in their head ? ...very easy to tell if other person is present..i actually started meditating yesterday listening to Rupert spira.

Edited by mrhognuts

8 hours ago, mrhognuts said:

You always have access to the true self, objects of any kind also the own identity abstract your true being. So obviously you will get more in touch with your true self the more those objects fade out of your awareness trough silence. Although this is just the first big step to take, of course this goes way further, it always does. Potentially you can someday aknowledge your true being even in all the objects but that is some Sadhguru level stuff. :D