Epiphany_Inspired

Any Other Infj's Out There?

38 posts in this topic

Upon Leo's video suggestion I took the Myers Briggs Personality Test and was totally floored by how enlightening it was! I have never met anyone with a personality like me, and now I know why, it's  the rarest (1-3% of humans). I took it a few times to be sure, it's definitely me. INFJ's include Ghandi, Martin Luther King, Mother Teresa, Nelson Mandela, etc,... but also Bin Laden, Hitler, etc,.. (better watch out for my dark side... lol...) anyway, most INFJ'S are like Leo, we have an innate desire to impact people. So, I'm assuming this community may be good place to find other actualizing INFJ's for that reason. We are the introverts that others mistake for extros (because of our conversation style, uniqueness, etc). I love Joanna Newsome's music, she is an INFJ. Are any of you too? Here's a link that describes us well enough, I had found the ultimate one, but I forgot to bookmark it I guess;http://regiesh.tumblr.com/post/44050304718/a-really-great-infj-description-maybe-the-best

I've taken the Myers Briggs personality test many times and almost always get INFJ.  I just finished reading MLK's autobiography and he was without a doubt a true INFJ.  I was very inspired personally of what he was able to accomplish in a relatively short life (assassinated at the age of 39).  Now I'm making my way through Gandhi's autobiography, who had a considerable influence on King's philosophy of nonviolent direct action.  Should be a good read hopefully.  It's actually kind of scary how accurate those tests are.  

Have you seen the other topic about the Meyers-Briggs test: 

I took the Myers Briggs Personality Test a few years ago and came up with INFJ. I dont think that I'm mistaken for an extrovert though, who knows, I've never asked. I also believe that as I work on myself, I may take the test again in the future and have a slightly different outcome. 

I used to always get INFJ, but since making a ton of headway in personal development, I've changed to ENFP. Losing the 'introvert' and 'judging' labels, to me, is a pretty good thing. :) 

It's quite fun and liberating to take these tests as you find out a bit more accurate version of what type of person you are, and how you tend to operate. Remember to not  "Identify" yourself out of these 4 letters.  ;) People change as time passes. (or maybe not)

Also an INFJ here. I think there are more of us than the 1-3% that the Myers Briggs describes. Although this is the internet and in real life I really haven't met anyone that would have the mindset as I, go figure.

19 hours ago, Epiphany_Inspired said:

Upon Leo's video suggestion I took the Myers Briggs Personality Test and was totally floored by how enlightening it was! I have never met anyone with a personality like me, and now I know why, it's  the rarest (1-3% of humans). I took it a few times to be sure, it's definitely me. INFJ's include Ghandi, Martin Luther King, Mother Teresa, Nelson Mandela, etc,... but also Bin Laden, Hitler, etc,.. (better watch out for my dark side... lol...) anyway, most INFJ'S are like Leo, we have an innate desire to impact people. So, I'm assuming this community may be good place to find other actualizing INFJ's for that reason. We are the introverts that others mistake for extros (because of our conversation style, uniqueness, etc). I love Joanna Newsome's music, she is an INFJ. Are any of you too? Here's a link that describes us well enough, I had found the ultimate one, but I forgot to bookmark it I guess;http://regiesh.tumblr.com/post/44050304718/a-really-great-infj-description-maybe-the-best

I'm an INFJ (really close on the J and P). There are definitely a lot of INFJs on here. There was a thread about the MBTI and like at least 20% of people identified as INFJ. I was really surprised, but no too surprised when I consider the target audience for Leo's videos.

If you’re interested in developing Emotional Mastery and feeling more comfortable in your own skin, click the link below to register for my FREE Emotional Mastery Webinar…

Emotionalmastery.org

This is great!  @Jesper Sorry I didn't see the other post first, I will check it out. @Catanio I totally agree. @Study I will not base my entire essence on it, but it's hard not to identify when it's so accurate. @DJ ask your friends, what they think, I thought all of my friends knew I was an intro like them, but they all thought I was an extro until I said "what about when I have to leave the social gatherings because I'm overwhelmed" and then they got it.... I just speak passionately and have less filters on my speech like an extro, etc. @X-ways me too! @Emerald Wilkins yeah, totally that's why I thought I might find you kindreds here.

What are your favourite things about being an INFJ, and what do you need to overcome? For me I like our "dream it, make it happen" quality best and our desire for a meaningful impact on the world.... but like Leo's video on the subject, my perfectionism plagues me... really holds me back from actualizing my awesome visions... it is one of my biggest demons....

10 minutes ago, Epiphany_Inspired said:

What are your favourite things about being an INFJ, and what do you need to overcome? For me I like our "dream it, make it happen" quality best and our desire for a meaningful impact on the world.... but like Leo's video on the subject, my perfectionism plagues me... really holds me back from actualizing my awesome visions... it is one of my biggest demons....

My favorite thing is being very intuitive and being able to express that intuition through action taken through the J function. I like the enigmatic nature of the INF aspects but the ability to express through the J function. My least favorite thing is getting caught up in the internal world and having few people to relate to because they don't share the same zeal for contemplation and inner exploration.

If you’re interested in developing Emotional Mastery and feeling more comfortable in your own skin, click the link below to register for my FREE Emotional Mastery Webinar…

Emotionalmastery.org

@Emerald Wilkins I love taking action based on intuition as well! Does your intuition manifest in a physical form? My positive intuition is like shivers down my upper arms and or lower legs. Even though they aren't INFJ's, most of my friends love their inner worlds too. That said, we often don't "relate" ...so I can relate with you... lol... at least there are likeminded friends online!

@Brian Greendahl, @Simon, @jms0717, @Erica, @jimmy, @SenshiAna, @BeckoningCat, @Dhana Choko, @Amund Most of you seem to have evolved beyond the benefits of relating to this personality type... That said, if any of you have an interest in talking about your favourite/ least fav personal infj qualities. I'd love to hear. Also, if any of you have a desire to impact on the world in a meaningful way; What is your vision, and how to you plan to actualize it?

I do feel good about being INTP. It's like liking yourself for the food or music that you like. I try to avoid getting caught up in labels and strictly defining what I am or what I can be.

It's important to have proper expectations about what it does for you. You sharing that personality type with these figures, in the most positive sense, does very little.

You still have to go through the motion.

"Water takes shape of whatever container holds it." --

@Epiphany_Inspired Oh hello ^.^ also an INFJ. I totally agree with the common assessment that we are the rarest of all personality types, in my experience we really are 1 in a hundred when you go out in the world and relate with the general population. Though you would never tell in a forum like this, being focused on self-reflection and abstract ideals, introverted intuitives are disproportionately represented. 

I really love how powerful my intuition is, and how unlike most types I am able to experience and observe it in my conscious awareness. I love seeing straight through the social mask people wear and perceiving their deeper motivations and intentions. Though sometimes it backfires because I see subconscious influences that the people themselves are not aware of, and I've learned that it is counterproductive to confront people with aspects they are not ready to face, so I end up responding to them in ways which they find perplexing. 

On the other hand, I really dislike how I have a tenuous relationship with concrete physical reality... I am highly vulnerable to sensory overload/overstimulation. And I have such a love/hate relationship with money, I really enjoy nice things which are in line with my values, especially healthy food and sustainablely produced merchandise, but these preferences are more expensive and my skillset is not the sort that society rewards with a decent income. So I struggle with the desire to do work which compromises my values and life purpose in order to make a decent living...

Edited by Mad Cat

@Epiphany_Inspired  Hi! I think being INFJ is a wonderful gift and poison at the same time. Our intro-intuition combined with extro-feeling makes a pretty damn  explosive personality combination. If we manage to get our internal conflicts and deeply felt emtions under control we can be beautiful and true. However, so many don't manage, which can lead to manipulating, bitter, antisocial and ugly behaviours. So I think we have such a huge potential - We just have to work our  (self-actualization) asses off to reach the sky and help our society moving on in a humanistic positive way. I think for INFJ especially its freaking important to cultivate a self-love habit   

@Phrae fair enough...i do not think that this personality type is better than any other, and it is very difficult to handle. That said, when you look at the history of civilization, it seems like so many important figures are INFJ. Imagine if King, Ghandi, Mother Teresa, Eleanor Roosevelt, Nelson Mandela, etc could speak in a forum, like we are now. I am not saying that we are as awesome as they are, I just think INFJ's united could be a good thing. I also think (with the exception of Hitler etc) that it's rad to have role models with the same personality type, and that could do a lot for actualizing infj's.

@Mad Cat I've learnt those lessons too. Perhaps, work that doesn't compromise your values (if you are truly passionate about it), would eventually become more profitable. A love of quality things is apparently very infj, I share your quest for healthy food, and love antiques, vintage records etc

@DizIzMikey I took 3 different versions of the test online, all said INFJ. I have no idea which is best, but there is a link to one above in Jesper's post.

@Simon SO TRUE!

Well yeah I agree, in the long-run pursuing passion is the way to go, and mastering any passion can eventually become financially supportive. However there is a large gap between "can eventually become" and present reality, where I am being forced to waste my precious time and energy compromising my life purpose by toiling away in wage slavery in order continue existing, squandering the developmental potential of my rare perspective. Ideally society would want me to support me in actualizing my full potential so I could give back my visionary insights in a manifest way like those famous INFJ's. Like, there is a good reason societies like ancient Egypt fed, clothed, and housed the few unique individuals who had the innate talent to enter the mystery schools.  I'm certainly not going to give up pursuing my passion just because of the extra challenge of being underappreciated, but I must say I envy those who can simultaneously do what they were created to do and not have to worry about homelessness and starvation. X.x

@Epiphany_Inspired @Mad Cat @Emerald Wilkins @Simon

Hello guys and girls

I saw the topic, and wanted to give my insights of being INFJ. I will keep it short because after 5 years of realizing that i am INFJ i have a lot of insights what is the deal.

INFJ worst flaw is being perfectionist. If you can be aware of this, you can realize it is maybe the biggest trap and obstacle in your life. And i am dead serious about this because INFJ are really stuck in their heads since they have really strong intuition. Perfectionism is something how they builds models around themselves, it is how they see life. They seek harmony but when you see that is big trap, you will get my point.

In nutshell, it is a trap how they kept getting stuck in their head because only way to learn something new and to expand is not learning stuff and making everything perfect, it is just doing the actual thing. This is why i keep going from F to the T and from J to the P and this is best advice i can give you. it changed my life how i do things. I am still INFJ but i allow myself to be a thinker more now and i am shutting down judgment a lot. Once you make this full circle and it is possible to do it, you will know yourself a lot more and it will be so rewarding. Your ego will not let you, because i know you are bought really deep into this idea of being INFJ ... ''it is rarest , it feels like me , for first time i see the big picture etc. All these people like Gandhi , Luther and Hitler were INFJ so it feels great to be like them.'' But trust me, when you see really see the trap, you will thank me. Your life can function 10 times better. it is same thing Introvert really buying the idea of must being alone and not talking to people. Nah, you need talk, but you need to be alone to recharge, 

I hope you will use this wisely.

Edited by Natura Sonoris

"Repeat a lie a thousand times and it becomes the truth."

Dr. joseph Goebbels

10 minutes ago, Natura Sonoris said:

@Epiphany_Inspired @Mad Cat @Emerald Wilkins @Simon

Hello guys and girls

I saw the topic, and wanted to give my insights of being INFJ. I will keep it short because after 5 years of realizing that i am INFJ i have a lot of insights what is the deal.

INFJ worst flaw is being perfectionist. If you can be aware of this, you can realize it is maybe the biggest trap and obstacle in your life. And i am dead serious about this because INFJ are really stuck in their heads since they have really strong intuition. Perfectionism is something how they builds models around themselves, it is how they see life. They seek harmony but when you see that is big trap, you will get my point.

In nutshell, it is a trap how they kept getting stuck in their head because only way to learn something new and to expand is not learning stuff and making everything perfect, it is just doing the actual thing. This is why i keep going from F to the T and from J to the P and this is best advice i can give you. it changed my life how i do things. I am still INFJ but i allow myself to be a thinker more now and i am shutting down judgment a lot. Once you make this full circle and it is possible to do it, you will know yourself a lot more and it will be so rewarding. Your ego will not let you, because i know you are bought really deep into this idea of being INFJ ... ''it is rarest , it feels like me , for first time i see the big picture etc. All these people like Gandhi , Luther and Hitler were INFJ so it feels great to be like them.'' But trust me, when you see really see the trap, you will thank me. Your life can function 10 times better. it is same thing Introvert really buying the idea of must being alone and not talking to people. Nah, you need talk, but you need to be alone to recharge, 

I hope you will use this wisely.

I totally agree. I tend to be very idealistic and perfectionistic and get stuck in my head. I think courting the development of some ESTP qualities will help an INFJ function at their best. Very counter-intuitive. 

Emotionalmastery.org