rogi 97

Okay... I Just Realized That I Forgot How To Do Things...

11 posts in this topic

I was at home sitting on my couch, until I suddenly forgot how to do stuff, I cant remember at all. But nonetheless they get done anyway, I dont how, but it does. Apparently I can do things without knowing to do them now... has anybody had a similar experience? 

@rogi 97 Forgetting is a normal thing dat happens to everyone. Please elaborate on wich extent you forget.

I think what he means is that he doesn't know how he moves his body, talks, or does anything at all.  We don't either it's just in a state of regular consciousness it seems like we do.

But yea, things happen by themselves without us knowing how.  It's mystical.

22 hours ago, Nahm said:

@rogi 97 examples?

simple everyday stuff, pretty much everything.

21 hours ago, ThinAir said:

@rogi 97 Forgetting is a normal thing dat happens to everyone. Please elaborate on which extent you forget.

when doing i generally have an idea of what im going to do and what im going to avoid doing; like for certain activities you have to know what is appropriate and what is not when doing the activity down to the very most basic level, common sense things and also preferred ways in which to do things.

before doing things or speaking you usually have an idea in your head of what you are going to say or do but there is not such thing sometimes.

its like, i dont know whats gonna happen next on my part.

For lack of a better explanation; I dont know whats happening even as im doing the very thing that im doing

(Btw this experience was temporary by now it faded although sometimes it pops up ocasionally)

@rogi 97 Ok i think i got what you mean. Just last week i had a situation very similar to yours. Lemme explain how it felt to me.

First off, for a good week, i was beeing veryvery rigerous with my mindfullness practice throughout the day, this probably contributed to the following:

So I was in a coffeeshop and just got my coffee in my lunchbreak. As I put in some cinamon in it, beeing as mindfull as i could possibly be, suddenly I felt a very strong detatch form my body. All the movement felt like it was coming by itself, not from "me". I was astonished and just watched myself walking outside without "giving any commando" to my body. I also wondered, just like you I guess, whats gonna happen next? I sat down and just watched the happening. Everything felt completly effortless, no doing by me was involved. After about 15 minutes it weard off again as I had get to work and focus on other things.

Sounds familiar? 

On 10/12/2017 at 4:35 PM, ThinAir said:

@rogi 97 Ok i think i got what you mean. Just last week i had a situation very similar to yours. Lemme explain how it felt to me.

First off, for a good week, i was beeing veryvery rigerous with my mindfullness practice throughout the day, this probably contributed to the following:

So I was in a coffeeshop and just got my coffee in my lunchbreak. As I put in some cinamon in it, beeing as mindfull as i could possibly be, suddenly I felt a very strong detatch form my body. All the movement felt like it was coming by itself, not from "me". I was astonished and just watched myself walking outside without "giving any commando" to my body. I also wondered, just like you I guess, whats gonna happen next? I sat down and just watched the happening. Everything felt completly effortless, no doing by me was involved. After about 15 minutes it weard off again as I had get to work and focus on other things.

Sounds familiar? 

Edited by rogi 97
Phone glitch

This happens to me as well. The good news is the more you progress on your spiritual journey, the more you learn to trust your intuition. You lose touch with the traditional mind and your intuition brings you whatever you need to know at the moment. From what I can tell, this is just a natural part of seeing through the illusion of thought and ego :)