Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Jedd

Childhood Memories

11 posts in this topic

I'm currently doing the life purpose course yesterday I had quite alot of childhood memories coming up from a particular place that I once lived whilst watching the contribution video and was wondering if this means anything or if anyone has had a similar experience. 

Sounds very normal to me @Jedd :) the course is bound to bring up alot of your past as you are discovering yourself and searching through your mind and soul. I didn't have it personally but in my opinion it sounds pretty normal, maybe a bit random, but it is probably just your mind associating a piece of info with another piece of info off the course. How is it now? (As you posted this October 9th).

Childhood contrast a lot with our everyday adult lives.

I have few drawings/objects that I use to remember different periods of my life.

It's like when neurons are connecting back to old systems, it makes everything in perspective and you have a clear awareness on your current situation - which I think is very powerful because it makes your realize that you'r not the one you'r identifying with, and that everything is impermanent. Having this awareness makes you more flexible/sharp in your ability to create your life.

I also experienced this while taking the life purpose course. I discovered that understanding my life purpose was a case of understanding my childhood. For example, when I was 12, I randomly started writing a novel which was deeply inspired by my beach house at a place called Omaha beach. My imagination was running rampart in this special place - so I looked into it. I concluded that I wished to capture the essence of this place, and pour it into some form of art to share with the world. Interesting, I thought. So, I followed that path - and I am building Valhalla. 

5 hours ago, St Clair said:

I also experienced this while taking the life purpose course. I discovered that understanding my life purpose was a case of understanding my childhood. For example, when I was 12, I randomly started writing a novel which was deeply inspired by my beach house at a place called Omaha beach. My imagination was running rampart in this special place - so I looked into it. I concluded that I wished to capture the essence of this place, and pour it into some form of art to share with the world. Interesting, I thought. So, I followed that path - and I am building Valhalla. 

Great work right there. That's how deep you gotta dig.

We very easily forget stuff like that once we're older. Much of this LP discovery process is getting back in touch with those kinds of long-suppressed, long-ignored passions.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

I've done an hypnosis on Youtube which aimed to help recall childhood memories. I was surprised to see/feel things as if I were there, and haven't expected that much details. I didn't known what would appear (since the goal of hypnosis is to let go) I wasn't in control of what appeared. I've seen random/boring stuff from my past, but wow it felt like traveling in time. It takes some efforts during the evening to find mental condition for the hypnosis to succeed : wanting it to work, believing it will work...

Imagine going down stairs, each step is one year - you can stop where you want and see what your mind has decided to show you. If you go below zero you may see your other incarnations.

escalier.jpg

Edited by Soulbass

College-years too for me.  I knew my authentic-self best in college.

Edited by Joseph Maynor

On 06/12/2017 at 8:04 AM, Light Lover said:

Sounds very normal to me @Jedd :) the course is bound to bring up alot of your past as you are discovering yourself and searching through your mind and soul. I didn't have it personally but in my opinion it sounds pretty normal, maybe a bit random, but it is probably just your mind associating a piece of info with another piece of info off the course. How is it now? (As you posted this October 9th).

@Light Lover Yes I've progressed a long way in the course since from video 20 on the 9th of October to now being at video 76. Childhood memories aren't much of an issue now and what I feared at this point in time was becoming unemployed. Nearly a month after this I discovered my values and decided to leave that job as it wasn't serving these values. After leaving that job having more spare time I went deep into the LP course and discovered my life purpose a week later which has changed my life to a massive degree. I know this has turned into a bit of a rant but I haven't told anyone around me that I've actually been doing this course not even my girlfriend and its a proud moment for myself to finally have found direction in life. 

As it turns out I now have a new casual job that I enjoy to support myself and serves more of my values than before. Today I enrolled in a certificate 3 in fitness for 2018 as I believe it will help me to achieve my life purpose and I still have some work to do on the life purpose course. The trajectory of my life has changed more than anything giving me the motivation to get up early and go after each day. I also feel much more certain about myself as a person and recommend the life purpose course to anybody who hasn't started it yet as it is worth so much more than you pay. 

@Light Lover Was actually video 17 and turned out most of these memories were making me fear the worst at the time. Discovering my purpose & values etc has helped as well as accepting my fear to overcome any trauma created by these childhood memories.

Yesterday I tried another hypnosis for "connecting with the higher-self" but it didn't worked. Later in the night I tried again but without audio, and it worked. I felt a vibration (dunno if it was my heartbeat of what) and I've seen an eye looking at me. It doesn't have a form in it's nature, but it takes this symbolic shape so that I can understand.

Edit: Well it's a bit off topic. Maybe we't just dreams/memories right now, and someone else is dreaming us.

Edited by Soulbass

@Jedd you are a legend, well done! You did what you needed to do regarding the childhood memories, and more by completing the course and taking tons of action in your life!