Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Ryan_047

A Few Questions..

6 posts in this topic

1.How can I convince myself that I am an awesome person?I have self esteem and self confidence issues and I genuinely think that I am not worthy as a person.I never praise or appreciate myself also.Please, don't start preaching about self esteem and spam videos because I am studying this issue by myself and already working towards developing my self confidence.The thing is that I want to work on this particular problem,and I don't know how.I want practical advice only.

2.Today while meditating(I'm practicing mindfulness meditation)I switched my focus on the center of my body and felt a weird and pretty intense kind of sensation/feeling.It started from the location of the heart chakra and that sensation expanded quickly into my legs and up into my arms (not all the way into my forearms though).

This sensation was somehow similar to anxiety and agitation..if I would give this sensation a feeling I would say light blue..I just wanted to throw that out for some reason.

Also,the sensation sticked only if I stopped breathing.This sounds a bit strange,but if I started breathing deeply the sensation would have gone away.I can recreate the experience now,but it does feel like a 5% of what I felt.I do this by stopping to breathe and shifting my focus on the place where my heart chakra supposedly is.Can someone tell me what this is?

chakras-location-body.jpg

Can I get at least an answer please?It has been more than 3 days and no response...

Achive things, can be a small as getting a new habit in order. Confidence is earned or faked.

37 minutes ago, Ryan_047 said:

Can I get at least an answer please?It has been more than 3 days and no response...

You got to be more specific. Regarding which issues do you have low self-esteem and low confidence? 

On 10/4/2017 at 11:12 AM, Ryan_047 said:

1.How can I convince myself that I am an awesome person?

That is such a vague target there is no way to hit it.  You post is filled with vague ideas. You have no way of knowing if you are making progress. 

I would first come up with criteria of what “awesome” means to you. Detailed, measurable criteria. For example

- awesome is having the physical health to run a 10k. Then, sign up for a 10k and start training. If you complete the 10k, you are an aspect of awesomeness.

- awesome is being adventurous. Then plan an adventure. Perhaps a weekend trip in nature. Perhaps a wilderness training class. Complete the adventure and you are an aspect of awesomeness.

As you progress, new ideas will pop up. E.g. Awesomeness is NOT bragging about all my recent awesome accomplishments. Then, you can measure your amount of bragging, 

Vague, unmeasurable goals are unachievable. It’s like me saying I want to be “successful” or “gazibraful” what does that soecifically mean? How do you know you hit the target?

@Ryan_047 Number 1- look up any self-love or self acceptance techniques you can find. If you don't love yourself you can't be confident. There is no fast pass to do any of this. Find a few techniques and try them out, no matter how corny they seem. If you want to love yourself, you won't care if the exercises are corny. Get a journal and write out how much you want to love yourself. It doesn't matter if you don't feel it yet. Just write it down. Imagine that it is like the movie "Delirious" with John Candy, where everything he writes comes true. When you meditate, use a mantra that has to do with what you want to achieve, so you can say "I am awesome" or "I love myself" or just "Love". Luckily, the word "Love" encompasses all, since love is all, and we are all cut from the same fabric. Some of us have just gone through the wash too many times. 

Number 2- this sounds like flight or fright kicking in, or oxygen depletion. How long do you hold your breath before you feel this sensation?

Edited by starsofclay