MiracleMan

Question About Leo's Video On Ego Distraction

7 posts in this topic

But Leo..... (sorry couldn't resist)....if the ego wants to distract and keep you occupied, and the ego is me, what is it that wants to work toward the truth?  If the ego fears it's own death most of all, and I'm the ego, what is it that meditates and does the exercises that will inevitably lead to it's own death?  Is this just a paradox to accept and move on?

Grace

The ego does not understand that enlightenment means its literal death, the ego cannot grasp what The Godhead truly is. The ego wants some achievement, some realisation, or some state that it can use to feel special. 

After accidentally seeing The Godhead I realised that my whole spiritual path up until that point was just a distraction of my ego, and there is nothing wrong that. The ego is your entire life and the fact that you're a human being. Self-actualise, meditate, do spiritual things and enjoy your life. There is no real need become enlightened, you will realise your true self in due time.

The one who is meditating is The Godhead manifesting it self as an ego.

@MiracleMan There is a tiny part of you which wants the Truth. This part must be diligently cultivated until it finally blossoms and over takes the ego.

In the same way that within Darth Vader, there was a tiny part which could still be redeemed.

You are 99% evil. 1% good.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

@MiracleMan@Leo Gura Just wanted to add something that relates to Leo's latest video about distraction. Wouldn't an undistracted- disciplined mind better serve all aspects of life?

Catching the ox is about how hard you have to work to gain mastery of your true nature. It’s only when you start disciplining the mind that you realize how crazy you are! Your mind is constantly wandering off and getting distracted. You have to work hard to focus and develop discipline. 

11 hours ago, MiracleMan said:

If the ego fears it's own death most of all, and I'm the ego, what is it that meditates and does the exercises that will inevitably lead to it's own death?

@MiracleMan Your True nature.

On 9/12/2017 at 7:41 AM, MiracleMan said:

But Leo..... (sorry couldn't resist)....if the ego wants to distract and keep you occupied, and the ego is me, what is it that wants to work toward the truth?  If the ego fears it's own death most of all, and I'm the ego, what is it that meditates and does the exercises that will inevitably lead to it's own death?  Is this just a paradox to accept and move on?

When the ego melts away there is still true intuition.  (True intuition as distinct from egoic intuition). True Intuition can be channeled.  True Intuition is not linked 100%  to the ego.  You never get rid of the ego entirely either.  What you want to do is have one foot inside the illusion and one foot outside of it if that makes sense.  Too much Yin turns you into a lazy slug.

"Spiritual purification is the entire process of purifying your identity of your cravings, of your fears, of your deepest held beliefs and worldviews, and your sense of self-importance, your life story.  Dropping all of that.  Purifying all that away.  Burning it away.  So what you're left with is an empty vessel.  And then you become a vehicle of the intuitive voice inside of you.  You become a vehicle for the Muses." -- Leo

Edited by Joseph Maynor