Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
abrakamowse

How To Discover Your Weaknesses As Entrepreneur

13 posts in this topic

How to discover your weaknesses as Entrepreneur? To avoid that other exploits your weaknesses.

For example, in my case I am like I try to please too much people, that's why I always have problem charging others what the right price for a job or service.

Any suggestions, books to read, audio-books, websites, whatever will be greatly appreciated.

Edited by abrakamowse
grammar

Don’t you realize that all of you together are the temple of God and that the Spirit of God lives in you?
1 Corinthians 3:16

Leo's video 'How to Stop Caring What People Think of You' will help you understand and overcome your people pleasing tendencies. Also, other good ones would be 'How to Stop Judging Yourself',  'Why I am a Dick - And Why I Won't Change', and 'How We Lie'. 

@abrakamowse Think of it this way. Concidering you do something to help others, as your business plan. You need to stay alive. You need to treat yourself well in order to give a good service to the public. If you'll have financial problems, you can't run your business the optimal way. Making a good profit/spendings ratio. The earnings isn't only for your personal enjoyment, having financial support makes it easier to develop the company, to reach another frontiers. You need to charge this much for this product in order to help more people with whatever you are doing.

Of course, greed is one of the main pitfalls, that needs to be mentioned.

Now the question of discovering weaknesses, I think mindfullness would do. If you encounter a problem, think about how and why it happend. Pay nonjudgemental attention to what you do and you might notice mistakes you make.

Thanks @Natasha and @Matej  really helpful advices, I will do that!!! I am also feeling more confident through meditation. Thanks guys!!!

Don’t you realize that all of you together are the temple of God and that the Spirit of God lives in you?

10 minutes ago, abrakamowse said:

Thanks @Natasha and @Matej  really helpful advices, I will do that!!! I am also feeling more confident through meditation. Thanks guys!!!

Remember, you are already whole and perfect just the way you are (meaning real you). Just need to get rid of the stereotypes and conditioning.

Edited by Natasha

2 hours ago, Natasha said:

Remember, you are already whole and perfect just the way you are (meaning real you). Just need to get rid of the stereotypes and conditioning.

That's the tricky part hahaha... thanks @Natasha

In my business it's important for both my clients and myself to understand that I have to make money. If I don't, then they won't have me to call on and my services are usually needed on an emergency type basis. I also believe in building solid relationships with the people I do business with. When relationships are solid on a business type level, as their business grows, so does mine. It becomes a win win. You also have to believe that who you are, what you do, is valuable.

I found that I held a hidden belief that charging money = greed which obviously is false.  This was because I held a negative view of people with excessive money, which lead me to the false belief that some how money was bad.  Havent we heard the saying "money is the root of all evil?"

Well money in itself is not evil or good it is simply a measure of how good you are with money!

Maybe you could examine your hidden beliefs on money.

Edited by ayokolomo

Cool @ayokolomo and @Brian Greendahl  thanks for your comments. Very good insight, both.

I had this delima too before ....I do relate. Respect you're own personal business worth. Your own effort you put in marks a set price at considerable value. Stand firm at setting your price when marketing your product. Demonstrate why it's worthy of its cost. 

Be humble to your service to others , but be not a pushover in setting the cost price. People will respect you more for it. .  

Ultimately we show people how to treat us. It's like a reflection.  So look at your reflection, and say your worthy of its costs, K 

And now reflect that upon your cliental 

best of luck 

Thanks! @Nunzia

@abrakamowse You will discover your weakness through everything you go through and things you will be tested on. When you recognise these, I would start implementing a plan to ensure it doesn't happen again or how it can be avoided and what can be done differently next time. 

Not to sure if there are any books to help you discover your weaknesses but I would highly suggest to write a list of the things you want to work on, learn, know, people to speak to who may be able to help you and having these resources and studying will help strengthen you as person and business owner, it will also help you recognise what you need to work on more.

Know what you want to do and what you want to achieve and set some goals and go out there and research and learn all you can to be the best at what you do and know what your competitors are doing, do you see any weakness in what they are doing that you can do better?

Thanks @MIA.RIVEL  I appreciate your input. I will do that for sure!

:)