mathieu

Distractions Video Questions

9 posts in this topic

It seemed like everything in the physical world and mental world like the thoughts were all just noise or distractions, in other words, the Red Herring. And Leo says that the only Spirituality is the truth. So i thought that the only place that there is no distraction is literally Living in a cave! without connections to other egos or the society. is this correct? if not, what are the practical alternatives?

also, how can the rational thinking of a human trick itself that he/she is in a state where there is no distraction? 

pls check this if i got this wrong. thank you

Nothing is inherently a distraction. It all boils down to whether you use it towards the purpose of distracting yourself from what should be your highest priority in life: consciousness work.

You can distract yourself with anything from a dildo to a grilled cheese sandwich.

You are God. You are Love. You are Infinity. You are Leo.

@Leo Gura thanks. interesting! i think i have to eliminate the thought of living in a cave entirely

As @Leo Gura said, it might seem the external solution would be to live in a cave, but the real solution is just turning inward. And in current society it can be hard to do that with boobs bouncing in your face, well atleast it is for me. 

Memento Mori

@K VIL people like boobs. I know I do. and thanks :)

Edited by Truth

Memento Mori

You can replace the word "consciousness work" with a religion. A preacher can say that the only truth is "X religion", all others are distractions. 

I think we try to put those distractions in our life proportionally; career, money, family, friendship, science, consciousness work etc. 

@mathieu  I had a similar reaction to the video...and I'm already a forest hermit - closer to the cave troll than many humans of our culture anyway...i also see the cave's allure the same way you and Leo seem to....fuck society and all of it's bullshit, right?....@Leo Gura Although "nothing is inherently a distraction"....somethings can seem to hold more power for temptation based on the individual that is drawn to "x" (for subconscious distraction purposes)... so, is it preferable to have the dildo and grilled cheese in the room, while maintaining the power to resist them?...or to live in a more cave-like environment with as few potential dildos and grilled-cheese-making-ingredients as possible, so that it's not even an issue?...@Truth do you feel that turning inward is currently adequate to distance yourself from the culture....or would physically distancing yourself, and then turning inward be even better?

I knew a man that lived in a cave...and I have often envied him and that life....at the beach he lived on...they had to remove all inhabitants (squatters) a couple of decades ago....but the cave man was permitted to stay...he lived in disguise, and in harmony (no garbage)....even the powers that be seemed to respect his lifestyle...hmmmmm....if I didn't have a child, I may have already moved into one! 

hqdefault.jpg

Edited by Epiphany_Inspired

4 minutes ago, Epiphany_Inspired said:

@mathieu  I had a similar reaction to the video...and I'm already a forest hermit - closer to the cave troll than many humans of our culture anyway...i also see the cave's allure the same way you and Leo seem to....fuck society and all of it's bullshit, right?.

yeah. you got me. ? it was really difficult to do inner works like self-inquiry or meditation when you are surrounded by other egos or say people who dont understand you, and the things that society feeds, like whenever you talk to people daily, like a constant stream of data is kept in connection to your mind. What Leo said, we can do change our perception of that by doing the priority: consciousness work. But to a rational mind, it seems almost impossible in a fucking society of egos lol

"God is a verb"

"God created mankind in his own image"

The word "egregore" mean "a container for energy" (new-age).

These things are created by individuals or collectively.

The relationship/identification we have with these things seems to creates a lot of distraction.

At least now I understand the end of the movie "Paprika" ^^

I love this movie so much, I can't resist posting this :

Edited by Soulbass