Rob

Why Teenagers Should Do Personal Development

43 posts in this topic

21 hours ago, Davo124 said:

I'm 15 too, let's change the world

It's going to be hard, but you know what? We're going to do it no matter what! 

Rob

Wow. I love seeing so many other young people on this forum!! And thank you to everyone who's encouraging all of us young ones. It means so much to me :) 

4 hours ago, Sarah Blakelock said:

Wow. I love seeing so many other young people on this forum!! And thank you to everyone who's encouraging all of us young ones. It means so much to me :) 

^_^

I have a question to the other teen folks on this forum (I'm 17 years old btw).

Have any of you been to any teen party's? I have gone to a couple to be social but have allways felt isolated because I find it's impossible to have a conversation with a drunk person and everyone is being so stupid (I don't drink except on some special occasions). It all just seems such a waist of time and energy. Thankfully I don't get invited to often to parties as I don't have Facebook (this also seems pointless to me and more of a distraction especially when you can just talk face to face).

what are your thoughts?

3 minutes ago, Leo.b said:

I have a question to the other teen folks on this forum (I'm 17 years old btw).

Have any of you been to any teen party's? I have gone to a couple to be social but have allways felt isolated because I find it's impossible to have a conversation with a drunk person and everyone is being so stupid (I don't drink except on some special occasions). It all just seems such a waist of time and energy. Thankfully I don't get invited to often to parties as I don't have Facebook (this also seems pointless to me and more of a distraction especially when you can just talk face to face).

what are your thoughts?

Hello there

Ive never been to any parties because I don't really enjoy them. Not because I'm anti-social, I preferb going out to a shopping mall or coffee shop for a meet up and watch a movie or something instead of partying and getting drunk. Also, I hate alcohol. They make me sick. One more point: if your friends are not involved in self help or they're close minded, don't discuss about self help with them, that will make your friends think you're weird and push you away from they social circle. 

Rob

50 minutes ago, Rob said:

Hello there

Ive never been to any parties because I don't really enjoy them. Not because I'm anti-social, I preferb going out to a shopping mall or coffee shop for a meet up and watch a movie or something instead of partying and getting drunk. Also, I hate alcohol. They make me sick. One more point: if your friends are not involved in self help or they're close minded, don't discuss about self help with them, that will make your friends think you're weird and push you away from they social circle. 

Rob

Only a few close friends know that I meditate/do self help as they are quite spiritual themselves being fairly serious christians so understand a bit more (I use to be christian untill about 2 years ago when I started looking into eastern phyilosophy and enlightenment). I never really feel the need to tell others about self help (or "preach" about it), but rather just lead by example. The other day someone (rhetoricaly) asked me on the bus at 7 am in the morning why I'm so happy all the time when everyone else is so tired, bored, unmotivated for school.

Well, same is the best I can say. I'm 15 as well since october and joined a few month ago. I don't have the chance to read at school but I would love to.

My colleagues are always stopping me and we have some prankers that are against you if you're the only one doing something useful.

I own self help books but I also found my life purpose so I gotta get into effective schedule creation so I can wisely organize my time between reading and programming.

I'm here for you if you will ever be alone in this quest. Be strong , you are not the only one.

(Man I'm happy we have this resource available these days)

Some people do not even know what personal development is and how effective it can be. Wish more 15 year olds were doing meditation and establishing a good foundation.

I wish I found this stuff when I was 15.

I was in my late 20's when I took personal development seriously.

You are lucky to be so young and have a great start to making your life so incredible. 

6 hours ago, WhyteSeal said:

Well, same is the best I can say. I'm 15 as well since october and joined a few month ago. I don't have the chance to read at school but I would love to.

My colleagues are always stopping me and we have some prankers that are against you if you're the only one doing something useful.

I own self help books but I also found my life purpose so I gotta get into effective schedule creation so I can wisely organize my time between reading and programming.

I'm here for you if you will ever be alone in this quest. Be strong , you are not the only one.

(Man I'm happy we have this resource available these days)

:)

45 minutes ago, MIA.RIVEL said:

I wish I found this stuff when I was 15.

I was in my late 20's when I took personal development seriously.

You are lucky to be so young and have a great start to making your life so incredible. 

It's never too late to realize, the scary thing is not realizing al all :)

On 2/8/2016 at 8:11 AM, Black Flag said:

You guys have a great head start on most of the general psyche. Good luck changing the world, its a big place to change :P

You'll see

I started when I was 14 albeit accidentally.And the effort I put in then,I am reaping the rewards still now.The earlier you start sowing the greater and magnanimous the returns are going to be.

You see when you are young you are more malleable,and you are still building your character so it's easy to inculcate all these new values.

Also you are still a student and not earning in a 9-5 job that is leaving you completely exhausted.

Go forth and Self-actualize. 

"Everything in moderation, including moderation."-Oscar Wilde

On 15 February 2016 at 2:08 AM, Rito said:

I started when I was 14 albeit accidentally.And the effort I put in then,I am reaping the rewards still now.The earlier you start sowing the greater and magnanimous the returns are going to be.

You see when you are young you are more malleable,and you are still building your character so it's easy to inculcate all these new values.

Also you are still a student and not earning in a 9-5 job that is leaving you completely exhausted.

Go forth and Self-actualize. 

:)

I just turned 17. I discovered self development when I was 15 as well. Now my commitment is much stronger thanks to this community^_^ it's very nice to start when you're really young

Sarcaste <3 the Sarcasm in Me acknowledges and honors the Sarcasm in You 

55 minutes ago, Abhijeeth said:

I am 15 . Should I be a spiritual seeker at this age ?

C'mon dude, I think you already know the answer to this. 

On 2/7/2016 at 7:03 PM, Davo124 said:

I'm 15 too, let's change the world

Am 17, i can join u guys too! 

I found it at age 17 but still im so lazy and not really serious...seeing u guys working so hard creeps me.

I promise I won't be left behind!