harisankartj

Let's Face It.

6 posts in this topic

Let's face it. If we go deep into this self-actualization process at SOME POINT in time, we will eventually decide to go live in a cave.Or this might be just a broad claim I am making from interpretation of  my experience. cus this is some SERIOUS shit, and i haven't even done much

I honestly don't know if I want that.I don't know if that is what i ACTUALLY want .What do you guys think ? 

9 minutes ago, harisankartj said:

Let's face it. If we go deep into this self-actualization process at SOME POINT in time, we will eventually decide to go live in a cave.Or this might be just a broad claim I am making from interpretation of  my experience. cus this is some SERIOUS shit, and i haven't even done much

I honestly don't know if I want that.I don't know if that is what i ACTUALLY want .What do you guys think ? 

You will only be more passionate about your true life purpose which you already might have discovered or not.

What makes you think you need to live in a cave? I thing most highly self-realized people never lived in a cave. 

INSTEAD OF COMMUNICATING WITH PEOPLE AS IF THEY POSSESSED INTELLIGENCE, TRY USING ABSTRACT SPIRITUAL TERMS THAT CONVEY NO USABLE INFORMATION. :)

My first published essay

3 hours ago, LaucherJunge said:

You will only be more passionate about your true life purpose which you already might have discovered or not.

Or you might lose motivation to do anything and you give 0 fucks about what you thought was your life purpose.

Edited by Richard Alpert

2 hours ago, Richard Alpert said:

Or you might lose motivation to do anything and you give 0 fucks about what you thought was your life purpose.

This is the requirement for having true passion for something. If you care too much you are automatically bound to things that hold back your passion.

Yes.  There was a 4 year period when I did virtually that when I wrote the content for my philosophy book.  We are all at different stages in our personal  development.  Hiding away can be good.  I know because I did it myself.  I'm in a much more pragmatic stage in my life right now.  But today I stand on the shoulders of that time where I hid away and consolidated my knowledge, values, and purpose together with my heart and will.   When you're young you gotta explore.  Take time to explore.  When you get older the mission becomes more of settling-in.  But good settling-in is predicated on great exploring.  I explored so much between 25 - 35.  After about 35 my attitude was forced to become much more pragmatic.  I am now 39, so I've spent 4 years within this more pragmatic paradigm.  And that's a helluva shift to make let me tell you.  Especially if you explored like I did.  Almost a 180-degree value reversal between those stages.  One of the reasons I started watching Leo 4 years ago was because I was struggling to make this shift.  In Indian Philosophy this is called making the transition from the Student Stage of life to the Householder Stage of life.  Making this transition was such a bear for me to do.  One of the hardest things I've ever had to do.  And I'm still not optimized like I should be.  I work on that everyday.   But recently I have made huge progress by deep-diving personal development again and by applying some of the theory.  Life-purpose is huge as a strategy -- it herds all your cats for you.  

Edited by Joseph Maynor