Wouter

Transcendental Meditation

8 posts in this topic

Does anyone know a good introduction online on how to practice TM? I only manage to find why-to content.

There are no instructions. It's a secret mantra they want you to pay for.

Most forms of yoga require formal initiation and secrecy.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

@Ilya Self-survival

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

Does it sound like a good plan to just invent a mantra myself and start practicing, or are there a lot of subtleties and nuances in order to grow from the technique?

4 minutes ago, Wouter said:

Does it sound like a good plan to just invent a mantra myself and start practicing, or are there a lot of subtleties and nuances in order to grow from the technique?

Here is a system of yoga that essentially has TM as one of the central practices. It has a lot of elaboration on the subtleties and energetic process behind the practices in other lessons, and leads into other stuff if that is attractive to you. This is the meditation lesson and it has a suggested mantra which is proposed to be ideal for 'purification of the nervous system': 

http://www.aypsite.org/13.html

It's essentially TM without the politics. 

Edited by Arman

4 hours ago, Arman said:

Here is a system of yoga that essentially has TM as one of the central practices. It has a lot of elaboration on the subtleties and energetic process behind the practices in other lessons, and leads into other stuff if that is attractive to you. This is the meditation lesson and it has a suggested mantra which is proposed to be ideal for 'purification of the nervous system': 

http://www.aypsite.org/13.html

It's essentially TM without the politics. 

Wow I really like this website! Very informative and comprehensive! I have skirted traditional meditation for too long, and am excited to try the methods on this website. thank you for sharing

14 minutes ago, starsofclay said:

Wow I really like this website! Very informative and comprehensive! I have skirted traditional meditation for too long, and am excited to try the methods on this website. thank you for sharing

You're welcome! If you choose to take on the practices, I suggest you be mindful of pacing. Enjoy.