TJ Reeves

Kanye Gets It

7 posts in this topic

I found a hilarious quote for my book:

"When someone comes up and says something like, ‘I am a god,’ everybody says ‘Who does he think he is?’ I just told you who I thought I was. A god. I just told you. That’s who I think I am." 

One channel made an interesting video discussing West's philosophy:

Other great quotes:

"I'm Socrates but my skin is more Chocolate-y" 

"You ain't got the answers Sway!" 

"'I will die for the art! For what I believe in. And the art ain’t always gonna be polite! Ya’ll might be thinking right now, ’Did he smoke something before he came out here?’ The answer is yes, I rolled up a little something. I knocked the edge off!"

------

All jokes aside, when Leo talks about Zen Devil - think Kanye West. There's a difference between self-expression and childishness. 

Then again, before you criticize Kanye, recognize that your ego is just as present as his - you just happen to be a little less confident about self-expression. What's worse? 

Edited by TJ Reeves

I'd say Tommy Sotomayor understands the problem better. B|

Edited by Loreena

1. Only ONE path is true. Rest is noise
  2. God is beauty, rest is Ugly 

Yesss, he does get it. And he is trying to spread the  message into the mainstream. Yes, he lack understanding of some concepts therfore the zen devilery, but what's amazing to me is that even though he probably didn't  study spirituality etc. he came to the same conclusions by just following his intuition. The fact that speaking the truth whenever he can, even on national TV is inspiring.

Nice, but getting the intellectual part is the easy part, important, but only so much of the story, if it doesn't come to integration through emotional/insight practice, it can, and often will, inflate the ego that was already based on delusion/suppression, and Kanye has his fair share of that too.

I've seen quite a few celebrities are waking up too, Kesha a bit, Katy Perry, seen some big actors talking about it recently of which I can't remember the names.

And so the fire spreads, because celebrities will not only wake up massive amounts of people, but also their celebrity friends (many of whom probably crave it given they will see success isn't making them too happy), whom will in turn wake up many. :D

My ego is thisssssss big!!! 

"No, but my ego is THISSSSSS big!!!"

"Oh yeah?  Check out the size of this ego, baby!"

O.o

I eat ego waffles every morning for breakfast!

Okay enough silliness on my part.

Kanye is correct in his assertion that he is God.  But if the ego is telling him that, then he doesn't really know right?  This isn't rhetorical or sarcastic, I wanna know.  Does the truth come from source or can we convince ourselves it's true (belief, faith) until we see for ourselves?

Edited by MiracleMan
Clarity

Grace

Every now and then when something preposterous happens I can't help but let out a "HOW SWAY??"

It's funny finding this thread today. At work I had heard the song Mirrors playing and I do love the song. Is it about a girl? Maybe. But that categorization also includes other things.