Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Truth

Looking For A Word/label/concept

21 posts in this topic

What do I call this process of humbling myself and making the effort to understand? Been thinking about this and can't really find the word for it. A little backstory is  lately the thing I've come to realize more and more is that the more I understand, the more I realize how much I don't know, and it's been becoming slightly frustrating to me, feels like I'm always taking 5 steps backwards the more I dive, but of course, I'm on top of it and pushing through it, just looking for a good word or concept for this. Thanks. 

Memento Mori

@Truth How about staying vigilant towards truth? Never really thought about giving a name to the process, but it'd be cool to see if someone could come up with something better

Edited by Bebop

@Bebop nah that's not it

@SOUL No, not really, but it would help make my distinctions more refined and more proportionate 

Memento Mori

@TJ Reeves That word completely escaped me, I knew there had to be a simple term. Thanks :)

@TJ Reeves Nah that's not it either, although contemplation is definitely a component. It feels more like a diligent regress, that's the best way I can describe it, in fact I'll probably just go with that until I stumble across something 

Memento Mori

@Truth No, you're just not used to understanding what actual contemplation looks like and feels like. Contemplation is not easy and it specifically starts from a place of Not Knowing before moving backwards to even greater Not Knowing before you finally reach a place of Insight. For further reference, please read the Book of Not Knowing, watch some of Leo's about confusion, and look up Beau Lotto's video on Big Think about where creativity comes from. More importantly, contemplate over the meaning of the word contemplate and then come back when you've grasped what I'm saying for yourself. 

Unless you're talking about the time in-between contemplation, where you find that you have the sudden urge to find out more and more stuff. In that case it's just called "the rabbit hole" or "the urge to mentally masturbate further"

Edited by TJ Reeves

Well, it seems like you are allowing the finite portion of consciousness to create the narrative of the circumstances from it's finite perspective. As you grow more aware of what you don't know the ego is telling the story of "like I'm always taking 5 steps backwards the more I dive" to exert control and you are believing it.

Time to flip the script, create the narrative from the infinite, tell the story from that limitless potential and believe that instead. It's at least a more optimistic tale of existence.

The word I use for the that curious agnostic disposition of consciousness I recognize in my life experience if I were to call it anything would be seeking.

Edited by SOUL

@Truth  I am coming with 

- stumbling growth

- progressive battle

- never ending process of coming back on track

- conceptual metamorphosis

- positive regression

- constructive pitfalls

- backward learning curve 

- contemplative see-saw

- wobbling growth

1. Only ONE path is true. Rest is noise
  2. God is beauty, rest is Ugly 

@TJ Reeves Contemplating contemplation. Now we're talking ;) 

Memento Mori

@Bebop@SOUL@Arman@Loreena

Update: Just watched the video @TJ Reeves, massive revelation, illusion of clarity, false sense of clarity, what a perfect description for this feeling. I actually am aware of my “need to know” habit in this entire post including my conclusions about this insight all together, Thanks guys! 

Memento Mori

@Truth  which video :o

4 minutes ago, Loreena said:

@Truth  which video :o

Leo's video on confusion

Edited by Truth

Memento Mori

2 minutes ago, Loreena said:

What's the title of the video. 

Memento Mori

@Truth thanku

@Truth Yes, the need to know impulse is an effect in our mind from the finite experience, it is a hunger or a yearning. Being present in awareness is an infinite experience that brings fulfillment and satiates that craving of the mind.

Edited by SOUL

@SOUL truthfully I enjoy being meticulous and rigorous about articulating my perceptions in an accurate and cohesive way but it was slowly turning toxic, I'll still continue to be that way but more conscious and allowing myself to be in a state of not knowing. 

Memento Mori