Leo Eckl

The Best Practice To Do After Meditation?

7 posts in this topic

Given the goal of self-actualization/self-mastery, which practice or method would you recommend implementing as a daily habit after meditating for over 4 months 2 x 30 minutes every day?

Why not try introspection.

Pick a single word to explore (to find the truth of the matter) which may be related to your self.

Example, sitting with the word "doubt". For at least 30 minutes, sit with that single word and find what it really truly is. Go beyond what your mind will initially define. Go beyond your doubts about the word 'doubt'. Go beyond self ridicule for seeking out the truth about 'doubt'. Even sit with the silence of surrendering to 'doubt', for that is when revelations awaken you.

This can be a way to awakening, one word at a time.

That was one of thoughts, too. But I feel like it has more to do with the truth of existence than myself. Wouldn't be focusing on myself better to begin with? Self-inquiry for example like shadow work? 

I'd say - daily journaling. You can start with this technique:

By spending time meditating, you are already mastering yourself right? 

I would do contemplation because it really helps you understand the root source of all your problems.

Journal of Jesus Christ - https://journalofjesuschrist.com

I would pick self-inquiry and just stay with the sense of "I am" or "I". Not the thought, but the sense. You could just do this for 5 minutes during meditation.

Taking action on that one thing that you intuitively want to take action on. 

After introspecting step out of that and go do things outside of your mind/headspace. 

Then go back to introspecting again.