Peace and Love

Detoxing Information While On A Raw Vegan Diet

14 posts in this topic

I know there are quite a few of you that are transitioning into a raw vegan diet.  I received this kind message as information from a friend on my facebook account.  I thought you might be interested in the information she provided.

Please buy and read "The Detox Miracle Sourcebook" by Robert Morse, N.D. It is the best resource book on detoxification, the human body, how it works and how to heal it. It is a large, easy to read book and has lots of helpful information and self assessment health evaluation tools.
https://www.amazon.com/The.../dp/1935826190/ref=sr_1_1

51ZEAs7NeBL._SX388_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

detox effects are referenced from the book

Mild Cleansing Effects

Cold and flu-like symptoms
Low-grade fevers (99°–100° Fahrenheit)
Coughing with or without discharge
Clear and yellow mucus discharge from nose or throat (lungs, bronchi,
etc.; this mucus may include blood)
Minor aches and pains
Mucus in stools
Mucus in urine
Loss of energy (may go up and down)
Rashes and itching
Disease symptoms increasing temporarily
Mucus from eyes
Mild headaches
Minor blurred vision
Minor vertigo
Weight loss (average 8-15 lbs. in two weeks. Depends upon level of
thyroid weakness. Can be as little as 2 lbs.)
Chills
Emotions rising up, such as mild crying, anger or even laughter
Short term nose bleeds
Some rectal bleeding (hemorrhoids or lesions)
Minor blood in urine

Moderate Cleansing Effects
Symptoms of bronchitis or pneumonia
Heavy discharges of green to brown mucus from nose and throat (lungs,
bronchi, etc.)
Pain in joints
Heavy discharge from kidneys (urine color changes to brown, orange or
dark yellow, etc.)
Pain in old injuries or in degenerative areas of the body
Minor paralysis of limbs
Chronic fatigue symptoms
Nosebleeds
Spasms of the lungs in asthma/emphysema/ C.O.P.D.
Moderate shortness of breath (asthma, emphysema, C.O.P.D.)
Temporary increase in tumor size
Disease symptoms magnifying (short-lived)
Sores appearing on the skin
Oozing of innumerable substances from the skin, especially from the
hands and feet
Bruising
Weak muscle breakdown (muscle built from meat protein)
Heavy mucus discharge from eyes and ears
Vomiting
Diarrhea
Cellulitis “clumping”
Dizziness and/or vertigo
Minor heart palpitations
Loose teeth (minor)
Minor abscesses in mouth
Migraines
High-grade fever (103° to 105° Fahrenheit)
Deep coughing (sometimes dry). Use herbs to loosen and eliminate
(expectorate) the impacted mucus.
Depression or anxieties
Emotional releasing (crying, anger, laughter, etc.)
Heavy thoughts (lack of clarity)
Skin splitting where heavy toxins exist
Excessive itching
Mercury tooth fillings can be pushed out by the body
Rectal bleeding from past or present hemorrhoids or lesions

Strong Cleansing Effects

Paralysis of any part of the body
Black mucus discharges from the lungs
Heavy brown discharge or blood in the urine with associated kidney pain
Heavy black discharge from the bowels with diarrhea
Tumors popping out all over the body
Loss of sight
Loss of hearing
Severe dizziness (or vertigo)
Severe fatigue
Abscesses developing all through the mouth
Loss of fingernails or toenails
Excessive weight loss (this can result when a pancreatic weakness exists)
Severe shortness of breath (use an antispasmodic or inhaler)
Temporary deep depression, released through crying, anger, laughter,
etc.
Mental confusion
Skin cracking open
Teeth becoming loose (major)
Old suppressed symptoms (like the case of “poison ivy”) reappear

****Most people do not experience this severe level of detoxification. It
depends upon the individual and how toxic he or she is. How many
medications a person is taking is also a factor. A few people who have chosen
to suppress their body’s need to cleanse itself (through steroids like
prednisone) will have some deeper issues. However, those who are more
likely to experience the severe effects are the chronically toxic from birth,
who manifest cancer, H.I.V. and/or other serious illnesses.

End Results of a Cleansing Process
Increased energy—many times more dynamic and dramatic
Deeper breathing (greater lung capacity)
Increased sense of smell, taste, and hearing
Tumor reduction or elimination
Loss of lymphatic swelling
Greater strength in previously weak areas
Increased circulation
Gray hair begins to disappear (goes back to natural color)
The skin begins to tighten and become softer
Clarity in thinking
Improved memory
Disease symptoms disappear
Blood sugars normalize
Blood pressure will normalize
Deeper relationship with God and Nature
Higher sense of happiness, joy and well-being
Skin blemishes (like pimples, rashes, etc.) disappear
Bowels move better
Improved kidney function
Voice strengthens
Heart arrhythmias disappear
Improved eyesight
Overall sense of well-being and vibrancy comes back
Reversal of the “aging” process
Never get “sick” or “catch” what’s going around
And much, much more.

The best resource website is https://grapegate.com/
It is an amazing website with tons of information. It was created by a fan. Most detoxification questions can be answered there.

Dr. Morse has made close to 1,000 videos in the past decade and I urge you to watch as many as you can to learn. They can be found on www.youtube.com, www.vimeo.com and also at https://grapegate.com/

There is also an excellent resource video website called  http://www.rawfigs.com/  where you type in a search word like "lyme" and in the drop down box check off Dr. Morse's name and small sections of video segments (video chops) where he mentions that subject will pop up for you to view. It was created by a fan and not all of his videos are indexed, but there are quite a few.

Robert S. Morse, N.D., D.Sc., I.D., M.H., is a board certified and accredited Naturopathic physician, a biochemist, iridologist, and a master herbalist. Since 1974, he has owned and operated a Natural Health Clinic and God's Herbs Botanical Company located in Port Charlotte, Florida. Dr. Morse was a protégé of the late Dr. Bernard Jensen, the "Father of the Science of Iridology" in the United States, and a great advocate of living foods. Dr. Jensen referred to Dr. Morse as "one of the world's greatest healers."

The following is a list of important videos to watch to educate yourself:

No such thing as disease!!! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iXx7AX82GK0
1.) The Body in Its Simplicity:

2.) The Healing Crisis:

3.) The Great Lymphatic System:

4.) Detoxification: The Art & Science:

5.) The Individuality of Detoxification

6.) "A Talk into the Duality of Chemistry and Physics in respect to health"

7.) "Cancer - The Raw Truth"

8.) "High Fructose Corn Syrup vs. fruit"

Robert Morse and John Rose <3

B R E A T H E

I didn't watch the videos. But I could tell you that most detoxification advice is dead wrong. It's bullshit. Most people say that you need a detoxification period to get rid of this toxic material...So you go on a detoxification diet for 10 days and you feel good. Well yes, you Will feel better but your also doing damage to your body if your detoxing for that long. Your body is detoxing every single day!!! So align with that.

The hours between 4AM - 12PM the body is in detoxification mode.  During that time it's important to drink a lot of water. Also at that time it's best to eat LIGHT and LIQUID, for example smoothies and juices.

That is the only advice you need. It's that powerful. ;)

Edit:

I Will get this book in the future, there is a lot of good information in it. I Will test his recommended food combinations but I Will not go on a diet, that's for sure. I am detoxing every day till 12PM and it Works great even without any special knowledge. I just prepare juices and smoothies with whatever I have available.

Edited by AleksM

@Outer

I fully understand where you are coming from, and I honestly wish I could eat this way.  Pizza is my favorite food, but unfortunately I cannot eat it.  I have very severe food allergies which does not help: eggs, dairy, soy, corn, wheat gluten, peanuts, etc. It pretty much cuts most things out of my diet by default. Any time I eat wheat gluten my thyroid completely shuts down, and I am unable to produce hormones to regulate my emotions.  I was mistakenly diagnosed with being bipolar for many years because of the wheat gluten allergy.  Whenever I eat diary, I break out in really bad eczema skin rashes that last for weeks.  And the diary also causes my body to produce massive amounts of mucus.

I was skeptical at first.  But a friend of mine turned me on to raw veganism. I reversed my ovarian cysts and my thyroid problems by being raw vegan for 6 months!  Nothing else had worked.  I went to several different doctors, and tried various blood testing, medications, other diets, and hormone replacement therapy. I even had my gynecologist confirm they were gone after my raw vegan diet!  I know quite a few people that are raw vegans and they have had similar stories.  There is a very famous raw vegan named Annette Larkins. She is 70 years old and she looks like she is in her 40's from this diet.  

The strongest man in Germany is Vegan and his name is Patrick Baboumian. And there are many raw vegan body builders on the internet that show transformations of their bodies before and after changing their diet.  

When you eat as clean as I do, you can taste and feel the difference. You don't notice it at all when you eat cooked foods, and regular diets.  Now that I'm raw vegan I never get sick.  I haven't had a cold or a flu in over 2 years now because of this diet....and this is not coincidence.   I've switched back and forth between being vegan and raw vegan, and I've had very noticeable differences in my well being. My bloating in my stomach is gone.  I no longer get panic attacks.  I can breath better.  I have more energy. I think clearer. My acne on my face and my back is gone!  My taste buds have changed and things also taste different and better.

So I want you know...I'm not posting stuff on raw veganism, just to post stuff.  I've witnessed this first hand for myself, and know quite a few people that eat this way.  And I would never tell anyone to do anything that they certainly don't want to.  Only you know what is right for you.  If you are happy eating pizza and cooked vegetables, by all means do it! :)   I was sharing this for others who are also following the same path as myself and have seen the changes taken place.  And also for people like myself that are looking for hope and a possibility of change.

@AleksM

On 7/22/2017 at 4:16 AM, AleksM said:

I didn't watch the videos. But I could tell you that most detoxification advice is dead wrong. It's bullshit. Most people say that you need a detoxification period to get rid of this toxic material...So you go on a detoxification diet for 10 days and you feel good. Well yes, you Will feel better but your also doing damage to your body if your detoxing for that long. Your body is detoxing every single day!!! So align with that.

The hours between 4AM - 12PM the body is in detoxification mode.  During that time it's important to drink a lot of water. Also at that time it's best to eat LIGHT and LIQUID, for example smoothies and juices.

That is the only advice you need. It's that powerful. ;)

Edit:

I Will get this book in the future, there is a lot of good information in it. I Will test his recommended food combinations but I Will not go on a diet, that's for sure. I am detoxing every day till 12PM and it Works great even without any special knowledge. I just prepare juices and smoothies with whatever I have available.

I'm not talking about a 10 day detox diet.  I'm talking about the detox symptoms you experience from making the permanent life style change to Raw Vegan.  Although smoothies and juices can work for many people and that may be their best option.

You are right your body does detox every single day, but for some people it's not enough depending upon what you are eating (especially if they make very poor food choices).   And that was the case for me.   My diet growing up was primarily junk food.  There were many weeks that I never ate a piece of fruit.  Dinner was either- pizza, a cheese burger, taco bell, or Italian food.   As a child my lunch box was filled with twinkies, little debbies cup cakes, fruit roll ups, gushers...etc.  I literally had one of everything for REAL in my lunch box!   On halloween I would come up with huge buckets of candy.  My parents never regulated my food intake and I would eat the majority of my candy Halloween night!   By the time I had reached 13/14 years old I had very painful menstrual cycles that were so debilitating I would miss school.  I was diagnosed with ovarian cysts, which is very common on my mother's side of the family.  I was expecting that I would have a hysterectomy in my early 30's at the rate I was going.

When I was 30 yrs old I went raw vegan and I reversed my ovarian cysts in 6 months. It was even confirmed by my gynecologist.  While I ate this way, I went through some very bad detox symptoms for quite some time, (for example: headaches, breaking out in eczema rashes, swinging moods, fluctuations in my energy levels, mucus in stools and urine, etc.). I've known a few raw vegans who have also witnessed the same detox symptoms first hand.  And after I detoxed I never felt better in my life! 

I have also witnessed the detoxing first hand for myself eating in many different ways as I had tried everything to get rid of my ovarian cysts- eating an american standard diet, as a vegan and a raw vegan.  So there are some major detox differences.  

I'm not posting stuff on this forum, just to post stuff.  I am here to share this with other raw vegans I know that are on this forum, and for those that are interested in taking this journey.  I would never want anyone to do anything that they are not comfortable with.  If the juicing and smoothies work for you, by all means go for it! And I'm happy it is working for you. :) 

2 hours ago, Peace and Love said:

@Outer

I fully understand where you are coming from, and I honestly wish I could eat this way.  Pizza is my favorite food, but unfortunately I cannot eat it.  I have very severe food allergies which does not help: eggs, dairy, soy, corn, wheat gluten, peanuts, etc. It pretty much cuts most things out of my diet by default. Any time I eat wheat gluten my thyroid completely shuts down, and I am unable to produce hormones to regulate my emotions.  I was mistakenly diagnosed with being bipolar for many years because of the wheat gluten allergy.  Whenever I eat diary, I break out in really bad eczema skin rashes that last for weeks.  And the diary also causes my body to produce massive amounts of mucus.

I was skeptical at first.  But a friend of mine turned me on to raw veganism. I reversed my ovarian cysts and my thyroid problems by being raw vegan for 6 months!  Nothing else had worked.  I went to several different doctors, and tried various blood testing, medications, other diets, and hormone replacement therapy. I even had my gynecologist confirm they were gone after my raw vegan diet!  I know quite a few people that are raw vegans and they have had similar stories.  There is a very famous raw vegan named Annette Larkins. She is 70 years old and she looks like she is in her 40's from this diet.  

The strongest man in Germany is Vegan and his name is Patrick Baboumian. And there are many raw vegan body builders on the internet that show transformations of their bodies before and after changing their diet.  

When you eat as clean as I do, you can taste and feel the difference. You don't notice it at all when you eat cooked foods, and regular diets.  Now that I'm raw vegan I never get sick.  I haven't had a cold or a flu in over 2 years now because of this diet....and this is not coincidence.   I've switched back and forth between being vegan and raw vegan, and I've had very noticeable differences in my well being. My bloating in my stomach is gone.  I no longer get panic attacks.  I can breath better.  I have more energy. I think clearer. My acne on my face and my back is gone!  My taste buds have changed and things also taste different and better.

So I want you know...I'm not posting stuff on raw veganism, just to post stuff.  I've witnessed this first hand for myself, and know quite a few people that eat this way.  And I would never tell anyone to do anything that they certainly don't want to.  Only you know what is right for you.  If you are happy eating pizza and cooked vegetables, by all means do it! :)   I was sharing this for others who are also following the same path as myself and have seen the changes taken place.  And also for people like myself that are looking for hope and a possibility of change.

Well said, i experience similar things when i go fully raw.

B R E A T H E

@Peace and Love

I would like to try more raw vegan recipes. Do you have any good resources or recommendations on that? YouTube channels, books..? Is the book you recommended also filled with recipes?

I Will most probably order some of those books, do you have any of them? Looks promising.

https://www.amazon.com/Oh-She-Glows-Cookbook-Recipes/dp/1583335277/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1501220985&sr=1-1&keywords=raw+vegan+cookbook

https://www.amazon.com/Fully-Raw-Diet-Exercise-Recipes/dp/0544559118/ref=sr_1_4?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1501224567&sr=1-4&keywords=raw+vegan+cookbook

https://www.amazon.com/Practically-Raw-Flexible-Recipes-Anyone/dp/1449460089/ref=sr_1_6?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1501220985&sr=1-6&keywords=raw+vegan+cookbook

I have learned about a machine - spiralizer, that creates spaghetti out of cucumbers and zucchini and that looks amazing. I Will  buy this but need to find more recipes for making sauces to spread over them.

Smoothies are fine and even healthy but juice is too low in fiber to prevent that high level of glucose(suger) from being harmful. Why you might wonder, well most juices are only the liquids from the fruit not the the "meat" of the fruit. The meat of the fruit is where you find the fibers.

@AleksM

7 hours ago, AleksM said:

@Peace and Love

I would like to try more raw vegan recipes. Do you have any good resources or recommendations on that? YouTube channels, books..? Is the book you recommended also filled with recipes?

I Will most probably order some of those books, do you have any of them? Looks promising.

https://www.amazon.com/Oh-She-Glows-Cookbook-Recipes/dp/1583335277/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1501220985&sr=1-1&keywords=raw+vegan+cookbook

https://www.amazon.com/Fully-Raw-Diet-Exercise-Recipes/dp/0544559118/ref=sr_1_4?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1501224567&sr=1-4&keywords=raw+vegan+cookbook

https://www.amazon.com/Practically-Raw-Flexible-Recipes-Anyone/dp/1449460089/ref=sr_1_6?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1501220985&sr=1-6&keywords=raw+vegan+cookbook

I have learned about a machine - spiralizer, that creates spaghetti out of cucumbers and zucchini and that looks amazing. I Will  buy this but need to find more recipes for making sauces to spread over them.

I like Fully Raw Kristina's stuff, but I encourage you to explore and find things that work for you.   I haven't specifically bought any books on raw vegan dishes but if I had to buy one of those that you listed it would probably be Kristina's book (Fully Raw Kristina).   I think it's because I like her as a person in general so I guess I'm a little biased. :) 

Fully Raw Kristina has quite a few good recipes.  I'll list a few here for you to look at.

Curry noodles

mango avocado noodle salad

avocado basil pesto

fettuccine Alfredo (raw vegan style)

My ex bf and I frequently made veggie  noodles with the spiralizer aka Veggetti.  There are different brands of veggie spiralizers but this was the specific one we used. I got mine at walmart for like $20.  It's very easy to use, and you can make different types of noodles.  It's cheaper to make the noodles yourself than to buy them in the store.  We liked making zucchini noodles.  We would make the dressing from scratch using all raw ingredients but I don't recall the recipe off hand of what exactly we used.  I think the stuff I listed above is a good place to start.  Go with what tastes good! lol :)

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Veggetti-Pro/43174709?wmlspartner=wlpa&adid=22222222227031835384&wl0=&wl1=s&wl2=c&wl3=59242041872&wl4=pla-122254499792&wl5=9007586&wl6=&wl7=&wl8=&wl9=pla&wl10=8175035&wl11=online&wl12=43174709&wl13=&veh=sem

7ba11d11-c8be-4450-a6fb-f42bf4f25355_1.5d47581e3c02ac497feaa13ef9fdaad3.jpeg

I think I would be more apt to make fancy dishes once I'm in another relationship with another raw vegan or someone that was open to eating similar.  This is what I had for lunch this afternoon.  I'm all about rainbow salads.  I'm not a big vegetable eater, so this seems to work for me. :)  For breakfast I've been eating a large plate full of various fruits.  I'll have to post a plate the next time I make one.   I was doing the frozen fruit smoothies for a while but it just isn't the same as having fresh fruit.  I really feel the difference in my mental well being. 

What's in my salad? - avocado, lemon, mixed spring lettuce, red onion, white onions, green onions, radishes, cucumbers, celery, yellow peppers, tomato, cilantro, carrots, purple cauliflower (yes cauliflower comes naturally in that color, it is not dyed).  I used lemon juice and organic olive oil for dressing.
20429970_1914775588846829_4909563696008538673_n.jpg20375988_1914775585513496_8870290452526422715_n.jpg

It's really neat how you can get creative with cooking raw vegan. This is the raw vegan birthday cake I made for my ex bf back in April of this year.  It ended up being perfect because it looked like a pizza and matched the ninja turtle theme I was trying to pull off! lol

18199006_1855141741476881_293129137872184798_n.jpg

http://www.thisrawsomeveganlife.com/2013/03/raw-carrot-cake-with-cashew-cream.html

This was the recipe I was following but I ended up adding and customizing my own ingredients.  This is a carrot cake recipe but mine came out more coconut cake like.  The cashew cream icing is absolutely evil! omg....My mom even loved this cake and she isn't even raw vegan! lol

@Outer

On 7/24/2017 at 1:43 PM, Outer said:

@Peace and Love

I eat 100% clean, except for some Sriracha for taste and an ice cream maybe once a month. Yes if you have an allergy, to for example wheat, that can cause a lot of symptoms.

I don't understand the wall of text of "symptoms". Did he list "everything" possible to occur to a human so someone who's on this 'cleansing' diet can refer to the book?

Not everyone that cleanses and detoxes experiences the same exact symptoms.  One of my old close friends went raw vegan  this week and he routinely experiences migraines during detox. He also doesn't sleep well at night for usually the first week and ends up waking up multiple times routinely.  He's been off and on again raw vegan for a while. He was unable to focus unfortunately because of outside family stress, but now that the issues are over he can take that journey again.  I wish you could see this guy's face before and after 7 days of going raw vegan.  His face shape completely changed and the puffiness is gone.  This guy is 50 years old and he literally looks like he's 35 with a full head of dark hair!!! He is down at least 10 pounds so far.

When I detox I experience something different. My body goes through mood swings and I have a tendency to break out in acne and eczema rashes.   I have a history of eczema rashes that go way back from childhood, however they are usually only present when I eat dairy, as  many people that have eczema usually have dairy allergies. Old illnesses or issues can stem back up during detox.

Yes the author, is listing all possible symptoms that can happen, that have been experienced by others. A lot of detox symptoms you will experience are based off of past illnesses. So sometimes it may look like you're getting worse before you get better.  I had cold flu like symptoms at one point during detox as well.

The author rates the symptoms on the severity.  Usually the symptoms for someone can be more severe if 1.) you go fully raw cold turkey and not slowly ease your way in, or 2.) if you've been eating really bad most of your life your body has more to purge out.     

If the symptoms are too harsh, you may have to ease into it like I did.   First I cut out red meats, than chicken, and lastly I cut out fish.  I switched over to cashews and avocados. And don't get me wrong here....my detox symptoms were wild.  I was sleeping a lot.  And my addictions and cravings were really bad. lol.  I would often cave into my cravings in the beginning, but once I fell back off the horse, I got back on if I made the mistake.  There was an instance  a long time ago when I first started out that I ate all meat and animal products for 3 straight days!!  Everyone is different.  Some people are able to go cold turkey, I wasn't one of them! lol  For a while I did eat cooked vegetables, and was eating vegan products like daiya vegan pizza, and daiya mac and cheese.  And would binge eat on potato chips.  But I congratulated myself for the transitions and progress I've made.  I've been told by many that if you up your fat intake, like eating more nuts, oils, avocados, it will slow down the detoxing if the symptoms are too strong.  I've noticed that for myself too.

My best friend from childhood that I grew up with is vegan, but prior to that she was vegetarian for like 7 years. 

Everyone is different on this journey. What is most important is your health and well being.  The better you feel the more personal development, enlightenment and self actualizing you can do! So whatever you have to do to get there to obtain good health, take it on!  :)

20597038_1914803772177344_7124338434985921852_n.jpg

Seriously....I'm not kidding here.  This is how much I weighed when I woke up this morning. And it's been like this for at least the last week or so.  And I'm 5 ft 9 1/2 inches!!  I am not under weight or emaciated.  I haven't weighed this much since like high school!    brb.....I'm having a major OCD moment...I need to go clean my bathroom floor and scale now! lol

20536248_1915145645476490_991661460_o.jpg20536259_1915145668809821_1734750737_o.jpg

@egoeimai

This is what I had for breakfast this morning. I was doing frozen fruit smoothies for a while but nothing feels the same for me as fresh fruit!  I like variety and color.  So when I go grocery shopping I buy a little of everything and have it spread out into multiple meals.  I've actually saved more money this way then doing the fruit smoothies surprisingly.

What's on my plate?  Peaches, orange, red apple, banana with cinnamon, lemon, dates, red grapes, blueberries, and two different types of cherries.

I do mix up my fruit every week- I also like cantaloupe, kiwi, pears, watermelon, pineapple.  I usually try to find the best prices and what's on sale.  Last week instead of the dates I had raisins and walnuts (for omega 3)

6 hours ago, Annetta said:

I've talked to three nutritionists, they say Mediterranean diet is healthiest for most people.  Fish and seafood, wild caught, three times a week.  Canned tuna has least amount of mercury.  Eggs from humane sources have a lot of nutritional benefits.  They contain the building blocks of life. If a person does not have an allergy, please contact a specialist who can tailor a diet to your personal needs.  Veganism is extreme, if you do it wrong you can really mess your body up.

Show them this http://creationislove.com/humans-are-frugivores-were-designed-to-eat-mostly-fruit/

Its funny we live in a society where if we choose to eat our most bio-compatible food for the human body we have to be "very careful" and take supplements but when consuming something that is not meant for human consumption to begin with we merely are capable of adapting we don't need any supplements? If anything we need more supplements and vitamins when consuming whats not natural for us. The Moment the Face, Palms itself.

B R E A T H E