Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
John Iverson

I Have Hard Time To Sleep

9 posts in this topic

Everytime, in the evening i want to sleep but my mind is in the being state I couldn't fall a sleep it is active, on the other hand if i get fall a sleep i will wake up after an hour and i am aware of my thoughts and feelings and i get wake up easily because if certain sound will pop out it will get me awake... what can i do here? I don't know what's happening... 

4 minutes ago, Prabhaker said:

The moment i enter meditation and practice the being aware and beingness and everything in the enlightenment I can't sleep i am always aware... it is not something that is i could say lalalalla and sit I don't know the problem is the awareness is the reason i get very sensitive i cant sleep and my awareness is very very active 

4 minutes ago, John Iverson said:

i cant sleep and my awareness is very very active 

If it is only awareness than there should not be any problem with less sleep, but it seems that you are uncomfortable with less sleep. Do some physical activity in morning and evening, like walking meditatively. 

I have periods where I get little sleep. Like you, I wake up during the night. Shinzen Young had a good tip that I followed. He recommended the "See rest" technique. So you just lie down, close your eyes and try to objectively just see whatever comes up. This will rest your mind and still recover you. The acceptance that you may not get any sleep that night will actually help you to remove the stress of not getting any sleep which will then actually make you go to sleep. Try and see if it helps.

This is probably because of your brainwaves. I recommend listening to theta/delta brainwaves before falling asleep. I have listened to that almost every day before falling asleep for years, and it worked everytime. He also has a 30 minute version of it for 5$ but that 10 minutes Will be enough for you to fall asleep. A lot of times I have fallen asleep before finishing the 10 minutes. ;) I have used only this one before sleep.

Self hypnosis works well. While in a sleep position say to yourself on each breathe out 'deeper'. This works very well for me.

One time I could not sleep because I had something going on in my life which I did not know how to handle. I was doing head miles throughout the night. I tried everything to get some shuteye. I even tried counting sheep. The next day I told my co-worker about this. He, being a Christian, said, "Next time, instead of counting sheep, go talk to the Shepherd". So that night as I laid in bed I spoke to the Shepherd. I soon fell asleep and slept like a rock.

It makes a big difference to share your concerns with someone (real or imagined) who will understand.