Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Deep

My Insight On Death

13 posts in this topic

Hello, I was meditating and introspecting recently. I thought to myself about my birthday. On my birth certificate there is a date listed. In my experience, I don't recall ever being born. My experience has always been here in the now. If I say I wasn't born before a certain date, that is just a thought. There was never a beginning or an end to my experience. Therefore experience is not finite. 

The word death implies the end of experience. The only thing we know is our experience in the present. For us to know death is real, we would have to have an experience of "no experience." That is contradictory. How can there be an experience of "no experience"? That's impossible. That means even after physical death, experience cannot end. 

I also realized everything I "think" I know about reality is wrong. By wrong I mean outside of my experience. Everything I learned in school is wrong. It makes me feel happy and sad at the same time. Experience is the only reality. 

The unborn Lord has many incarnations. BPHS 

@Deep beautiful... simply beautiful.

how does that insight change your daily life? how do you turn that intellectual comprehension into wisdom? what limits you?

unborn Truth

21 minutes ago, Deep said:

I also realized everything I "think" I know about reality is wrong. By wrong I mean outside of my experience. Everything I learned in school is wrong. It makes me feel happy and sad at the same time. Experience is the only reality. 

Not necessarily wrong, it's just there is no way to know if it is, therefore it's pointless to have a side on it.

I often use this example, and most of the time people get very pissed off, but there is no evidence that any jews were slained in WW2.
I mean, there is, in books and thoughts of some people, but there is no way for you to know if it is true or not, how could you, it's just information that you can upload to your head, that's all it is.

God is love

Whoever lives in love lives in God

And God in them

43 minutes ago, ajasatya said:

@Deep beautiful... simply beautiful.

how does that insight change your daily life? how do you turn that intellectual comprehension into wisdom? what limits you?

It frees me up to follow my heart. I don't focus on survival anymore. I still have limiting beliefs about what I can and can't do, which I have to overcome by taking action. We are co-creating our reality with God every moment. We're a lot more powerful than we give ourselves credit for. 

@Shin Maybe the correct word is "imaginative", instead of "wrong". 

2 hours ago, Deep said:

It frees me up to follow my heart. I don't focus on survival anymore. I still have limiting beliefs about what I can and can't do, which I have to overcome by taking action. We are co-creating our reality with God every moment. We're a lot more powerful than we give ourselves credit for. 

Very profound words right here! Open mindfulness ftw! 

2 hours ago, Deep said:

For us to know death is real, we would have to have an experience of "no experience." That is contradictory. How can there be an experience of "no experience"? That's impossible. That means even after physical death, experience cannot end.

Careful with your logic and assumptions.

The Buddhists describe a meditative state called: Neither-perception-nor-not-perception.

It's clearly there to be cognized. Go cognize it and report back to us. Discover what is beyond experience, beyond world, beyond death, beyond self.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

1 minute ago, Leo Gura said:

The Buddhists describe a meditative state called: Neither-perception-nor-not-perception.

What is that ?

1. Only ONE path is true. Rest is noise
  2. God is beauty, rest is Ugly 

@Loreena Realize it and tell me.

You are God. You are Truth. You are Love. You are Infinity.

9 minutes ago, Leo Gura said:

@Loreena Realize it and tell me.

I read about it. Difficult to comprehend though. But what I got is it means a state between duality of perception and non perception. Like if one is focused verry narrowly that one feels like they have escaped perception or entered emptiness but at the same time their focus is so broad that they are unable to identify or notice that they are experiencing emptiness. So they sorta dangle between and so its easy to confuse with real enlightenment.

All I got.

1. Only ONE path is true. Rest is noise
  2. God is beauty, rest is Ugly 

10 minutes ago, Loreena said:

I read about it.

nooo. it doesn't work. you're just facing more words.

unborn Truth

4 hours ago, Leo Gura said:

It's clearly there to be cognized. Go cognize it and report back to us. Discover what is beyond experience, beyond world, beyond death, beyond self.

Okay I will try. 

Careful taking Buddhist ideas out of context. Neither-perception-nor-not-perception refers to the 8th Jhana, which is a state of intense concentration that is very difficult to attain. One has to pass through Jhanas 1 through 7 first, before entering the 8th. There are specific procedures to follow.